IGNORED

Ross Barkley

In tonight's evidence once again I can see why he's out on-loan rather than in our 1st team set-up... quality, no doubt, on the ball but he's not aware and not wise enough off the ball and doesn't seem to work hard enough to get back into position. He needs to add that to his game if he's going to become a top, top midfielder.

I was feeling a bit nervous until I realized it was an innocent game in the second league of domestics. Of course the Barkley kid is on loan to Sheffield Wednesday and that was a relief. I sincerely thought it could have been something else. I believe also his loan deal is due to expire any time soon, unless of course as stated above, they decide to keep him on a while longer or there is an extension.

Read some posts of sheff weds forum, incredible that many of them think that they have better options available within their own youth set up. Seriously... I understand the tribalism of the game and wanting one of your own youth products to come through the ranks but honestly he is a level above them and it had been noted by a few of their fans who said he sees passes that the forwards do not have the movement to make possible.

A few fans on there are clearly football people and have balanced opinions - which is "Clearly is a class player and will be a future england international but needs to focus and learn from mistakes" - let's hope this loan "grounds" him a little and makes him realise that he is a very fortunate, talented player who needs to do standard stuff better and choose the right moments for the glitzy stuff.

I for one am keeping a close eye on this loan as this is a defining time for a player with immense potential. Personally I would have him in our midfield ahead of Neville now. As mad as that sounds we have very little to lose, Neville makes mistakes playing it safe, Barkley makes mistakes being adventurous. I known who we are more likely to score from.

Have to feel a bit sorry for Wednesday's opposition at the weekend, I do hope they can sort themselves out. What the fuck were they thinking, keeping hold of Jewell for so long, or even appointing him in the first place.

I tried long and hard finding some match highights from the game at Portman Road on saturday and Barkley's goals, but on the respective sites, highlights are only available to subscribers, and on youtube there was nothing to be had. He is doing well for himself up there though.

38:30 into this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...013_27_10_2012/

....though you may need to be in the UK. You do for a lot of iplayer stuff.

Yeah, wants me to not be a dirty colonialist. You'd think they could make an exception for Canada, or at least British Columbia, or at the very least the city of Victoria, I mean it's got to be the most British place in the world off the rock. Thanks anyway.