IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Thing is, he wasn't that good last night but he is a targeted man in our team. When he gets the ball, as soon as possible 2 or 3 opposition players get around him.

Last night, when he got the ball in the final third, he was crowded out by 3 - 5 players.

It's upto him to suss out how to find space and how to use the ball as quickly as possible.

my struggle with him is whats his best position he is not a number 10 imho but at the same time not in the same mold as Barry and Gueye either, so where he fits under Ron I don't know. Del Boy was excellent when he came on him winning a 50:50 for our second was interesting and would never have happened under Roberto

great point he's definately not a great fit as the 10. i think he would work best as either a second striker or a false 9. he can hold up the ball, is strong, and if told to shoot anytime he's close to the box and has the ball he could be lethal.

my struggle with him is whats his best position he is not a number 10 imho but at the same time not in the same mold as Barry and Gueye either, so where he fits under Ron I don't know. Del Boy was excellent when he came on him winning a 50:50 for our second was interesting and would never have happened under Roberto

If you watch it again you will see that Geri bottled it big time but luckily so did the Sunderland player!

I wouldn't get carried away with Barkley. It was a bad game, instead of keeping things simple he was trying too much, started badly and then kept trying to make amends. It was one of those days and hopefully there won't be many more.

Yesterday epitomised Bad Barkley, as opposed to Good Barkley. He was at times (over) energetic and at other times outrageously lazy.

His energy is so often wasted because he seems to lack good pitch-sense: where teammates and opponents are and will be a few seconds later. So, too regularly he runs hard, but just aimlessly. Even when he runs fast, without the ball, he's behind the flow of play.

As to laziness, 3 times yesterday he waited on a pass directly to him, only to have an alert defender step in front to steal the pass. I admit to being furious when I see any player doing this, and especially when they do this more than once (a season........).

I am one who thinks Barkley still suffers from a poor football brain, which is usually exhibited as over-dribbling, essentially refusing to shoot in favor of just one more clever move. I have played with people who had little or no sense of other players and spaces on the pitch, field, court. I'm inclined to think Barkley's aimless running is also football-brain related, as poor pitch sense must surely exemplify this problem.

I prefer that he not start this Saturday, and I rather doubt that he will. But should Koeman decide Barkley's removal at halftime Monday evening was a sufficient warning, well, I wouldn't think it nearly as outrageous as Barkley's performance against Sunderland. Koeman's decision is probably a close call. Nothing close about calling out Ross for what happened Monday.

Yesterday epitomised Bad Barkley, as opposed to Good Barkley. He was at times (over) energetic and at other times outrageously lazy.

His energy is so often wasted because he seems to lack good pitch-sense: where teammates and opponents are and will be a few seconds later. So, too regularly he runs hard, but just aimlessly. Even when he runs fast, without the ball, he's behind the flow of play.

As to laziness, 3 times yesterday he waited on a pass directly to him, only to have an alert defender step in front to steal the pass. I admit to being furious when I see any player doing this, and especially when they do this more than once (a season........).

I am one who thinks Barkley still suffers from a poor football brain, which is usually exhibited as over-dribbling, essentially refusing to shoot in favor of just one more clever move. I have played with people who had little or no sense of other players and spaces on the pitch, field, court. I'm inclined to think Barkley's aimless running is also football-brain related, as poor pitch sense must surely exemplify this problem.

I prefer that he not start this Saturday, and I rather doubt that he will. But should Koeman decide Barkley's removal at halftime Monday evening was a sufficient warning, well, I wouldn't think it nearly as outrageous as Barkley's performance against Sunderland. Koeman's decision is probably a close call. Nothing close about calling out Ross for what happened Monday.

Can't disagree with any of that, he played hard, he got back on defense, made runs...but just was generally poor in all that and had one brain-fart after another. It's easier to correct that, than someone who won't play hard or has no heart. Geri suffers from this as well sometimes. Hopefully this staff can raise their football IQ to match the effort.

Worrying for me is his desire.

He just doesn't seem to feel that need to be better than his opponent.

When I play, I always want to prove I am better than my opponent.

When Stars play you see it all the time, they all believe they are better than anyone else.

When Ross plays, he looks like he is grateful to be on the pitch.

He doesn't seem to have much desire.

Reminds me of employees. Let's get the job done and try to look interested.

As mentioned above, the Sunderland game we were witness to Barkley at his worst, we all know he's way better than that.Question is how the hell to get more good games out of him.surely if it's in his head Everton can get him the right kind of coach, get his confidence up, get off his back and he could be world class, but he looked so far off it Monday, that you have to wonder.

Would we take £30million for him after Mondays first half or will he mature into a world beater, like some thought he would be.

Maybe it's a nice problem to have, but how much longer do we want a problem.

As mentioned above, the Sunderland game we were witness to Barkley at his worst, we all know he's way better than that.Question is how the hell to get more good games out of him.surely if it's in his head Everton can get him the right kind of coach, get his confidence up, get off his back and he could be world class, but he looked so far off it Monday, that you have to wonder.

Would we take £30million for him after Mondays first half or will he mature into a world beater, like some thought he would be.

Maybe it's a nice problem to have, but how much longer do we want a problem.

they have the right coach. he was just throwing a fit because fat sam didn't pick him for england. the benching will have set him straight and if not then a permanent benching surely will. RK will let him know he's talented but needs to increase his energy output and hustle. He will make it very clear how to get back into the first team. Just up to Ross to do so.

Worrying for me is his desire.

He just doesn't seem to feel that need to be better than his opponent.

When I play, I always want to prove I am better than my opponent.

When Stars play you see it all the time, they all believe they are better than anyone else.

When Ross plays, he looks like he is grateful to be on the pitch.

He doesn't seem to have much desire.

Reminds me of employees. Let's get the job done and try to look interested.

Can't disagree more, if there is one player who lives and breathes the club its Ross. When I have seen him play you can see the desire to win, to play well for the club and the fans. That's half the problem, sometimes he tries too hard, he doesn't relax and play his natural game.

He needs to improve his consistency, but now he has a coach who I believe can develop him. He is a young player and there will be ups and downs. He has only had one bad game in 5. Lets encourage him and get behined him, as he is very much a confidence player. If we don't then we risk forcing him away or harming his development.

Lets not forget he was very good in the first 4 games, 2 goals and an assist.

they have the right coach. he was just throwing a fit because fat sam didn't pick him for england. the benching will have set him straight and if not then a permanent benching surely will. RK will let him know he's talented but needs to increase his energy output and hustle. He will make it very clear how to get back into the first team. Just up to Ross to do so.

Barkley needs carrot not stick. Rom needs stick not carrot.

Barkley gets dropped or gets stick he questions himself.

Rom gets dropped or gets stick he gets energised.

I'd sooner barkley told England to fuck off. It will help him so much.

too bad he's already got england caps, he could find his irish or scottish heritage and play for them instead, he would have been the first name on the team sheet for either of them.

Playing for England has destroyed more young players than almost anything else.

The way I see it is the same theory of injuries. You need to be fit to score goals. Sturridge could be a 20 goal plus striker a season, but he's always injured, so for me he's not a good player.

Taking in consideration Barkleys mentality and mind set, he's not a good player, because he will never be confident and play his natural game if pressure is on him.

Football is all about pressure and confidence, if you can't cope with pressure or you're not confident then you're not a good footballer overall, ross.

The way I see it is the same theory of injuries. You need to be fit to score goals. Sturridge could be a 20 goal plus striker a season, but he's always injured, so for me he's not a good player.

Taking in consideration Barkleys mentality and mind set, he's not a good player, because he will never be confident and play his natural game if pressure is on him.

Football is all about pressure and confidence, if you can't cope with pressure or you're not confident then you're not a good footballer overall, ross.

Really, well thank god your not a manager as your person management skills suck.

As has been said different people need different methods to motivate them, part of the job of a manager is to find what each player needs and to give it to them. Thank God we appear to have a manager who appreciates this.

Really, well thank god your not a manager as your person management skills suck.

As has been said different people need different methods to motivate them, part of the job of a manager is to find what each player needs and to give it to them. Thank God we appear to have a manager who appreciates this.

Nothing about managment, everything about personal mentality. Ross hasnt got the mentality to ever be the top player that hes got everything else to be. Hes missing that piece of the puzzle. Dont get me wrong i wouldn't wish for him to be anything less than world class, but for the past three seasons now this debate has gone on and on and ive given up on it. By my opinion, he will never be more than just a good player.