IGNORED

Ross Barkley

So does anyone believe me yet that he's shite? Or are we still playing pretend?

Fuck me... I used to feel sorry for you when you got picked on. Told you to get a scary avatar etc.

It seems to me you enjoy posters who talk shit nowadays and happily join in with them.

How is he shite? Clearly ridiculously talented and can make you eat your words like he did vs Sunderland. Lad lacks a mentor and brain.

Edited by Hafnia

It's not in his game to chase and tackle so I don't know what he is doing in midfield. He.s going down the same road as Rodwell, we should have sold in the summer when we could have got some money for him.

I think Besic could do a better job when fit, can certainly pick a pass and tackle a lot better than Ross.

PS ...... having said that everybody played shite today.

Edited by Bill

Ross was very poor today;

Ross was poor in every other game in the last two seasons. He came into the first team with big potential, but now is an absolute waste. Who needs a midfielder who can't pass, and further more - doesn't like to pass? There's absolutely something wrong in his head, because there are some midfield basics, that no matter how shite you are, you should just know and follow them. He doesn't. We really should get rid of him and find a replacement.

Edited by Haiku

But he's plainly not, he has incredible skills in his locker; he just doesn't pull them out often enough. Don't know what the answer is but he's definitely not shite.

There are plenty of players out there with this skill level, but few who consistently show it on the pitch season after season. Joe Cole was top class for a while and then suddenly nowhere anymore. Same Robinho, Marin or El Shaarawy.

edit: I'm not judging Ross as being an extinguished flame, I'm just saying that talent in itself means little.

Edited by Mirallas

The lad needs our support not shit off us he has the ability to be one of the best but seems really unsure of himself at the minute.

He looks like he's terrified of doing anything wrong and who wouldn't be with the crap he's taking of certain supporters.

Not supporters. The media and international managers

I still think he might need to be played as a striker. He needs confidence, and goals breed that.

I don't think he'd be any less frustrating being played as a striker. The amount of times he wants an extra touch to shift the ball would be highlighted even more.

His instinctiveness has completely disappeared. I hope Koeman can get it back.

The lad needs our support not shit off us he has the ability to be one of the best but seems really unsure of himself at the minute.

He's had that skill since he was a schoolboy Smeg, it's not that side of his game that lets him down. If he doesn't have the ball at his feet he might as well be sitting in the stands, he does nothing else on the pitch.

When he does have the ball he will carry on running with it until he loses it. Not the player we thought he was going to be, but hey he's only young and still learning. LoL

The press are right tho Haf, they've been told by every tom dick and harry for the last five years that this lad was going to be the next superstar. He's worse now than when he was eighteen, Rodwell mark 2 I'm afraid.

the only comparison with Rodwell is that both were completely mismanaged during key times in their development. It speaks volumes that Koeman is starting the lad even when he's playing crap, giving out healthy criticism as well as defending him. It's going to take a loooong time to undo the damage done but I still see him coming good. FFS, he's about to turn 23 in December, he's got 10 years at least of his career to go!

The press are right tho Haf, they've been told by every tom dick and harry for the last five years that this lad was going to be the next superstar. He's worse now than when he was eighteen, Rodwell mark 2 I'm afraid.

Then it begs the question, what are we doing to these young players? Will the boo boy wankers who call themselves Everton fans end up doing the same to Davies? It's the worst kind of Neanderthal fan mentality - you're one of us, so you better make us worship you, prick, or we'll tear you apart.

Barkley is several years from his prime. Leave him the fuck alone, if he aint playing well, drop him and say no more about it. Sterling was useless at City last year, now he's flying again. Kane was the best England striker since Shearer then had a woeful Euros, Sturridge's injury problems, Eden Hazard last season etc etc. Even Messi doesn't win every game single handed, the expectation level is ludicrous. He's allowed to be out of form, he's allowed to be not as good as Everton fans dreamt he would be. Just get over it and leave him alone.

The press/media/pundits are the ones who built him up and they are the ones knocking him down.

Did you read the article? He wants to know why no one questions Seamus and his mistakes. Cause they were plentiful. Aka Seamus was the worst man on the pitch why not ask about him, Ross was bad but not the worst.

i did read the article and took Coleman as an example of another player who didn't play well out of many, not that he doesn't rate him at all

Finally a manager who realizes Coleman isn't that good.

If he though that then why would he play him ahead of holgate?

He was using an example of another player that he's never asked about.... not because he thought he was poor.

"why do I need to explain or always talk about one or two players. You dont ask me about Coleman What I dont like is that every game I need to explain the performance of Barkley."

He never eluded to the fact he thought Coleman was poor. Coleman saved us a goal from what I seen.

If he though that then why would he play him ahead of holgate?

He was using an example of another player that he's never asked about.... not because he thought he was poor.

"why do I need to explain or always talk about one or two players. You dont ask me about Coleman What I dont like is that every game I need to explain the performance of Barkley."

He never eluded to the fact he thought Coleman was poor. Coleman saved us a goal from what I seen.

Coleman was doing his best effort to make Ibe look like Messi and Ronaldo combined in the first half.

Coleman was doing his best effort to make Ibe look like Messi and Ronaldo combined in the first half.

Yep. Ibe is championship quality and he has one foot his right, and he cut inside every single time and Seamus couldn't figure that out to save his life. Agaisnt Eden hazard he might give up 4 goals. He was awful. Bolasie and Gueye had to cover for him.