IGNORED

Royston Drenthe

Has taken the No.10 shirt. The deal has been declared as a loan but on the Real Madrid OS it says they have released his registering rights to Everton FC. He is free to leave Madrid at the end of this season anyway? And i have read in different places that Real have released him.

Anything heard?

Saw that, but think about it, he's gone from the sunshine and glamour of Real MAdrid (Spain) to a not too fashionable club like Everton, in beautiful britain. I'd be a tad sad!

But hopefully, he'll get treated better hhere than his last two clubs and starts playing with a smile on his face, and then hopefully see what all the hype was about post U21 tourny.

Means he is in the last 12mths of his contract, playing in 1 of the most watched leagues in the world. Plays well and gets a lucrative contact at a club of his choosing

As opposed to not playing at all?

At the end of the day, he's here to play for us for 1 season. He's not contracted for 13 months, or 5 years, but 1 season.

If he plays his ass off, and gets the recognition he deserves in return, he will then have the same opportunity that every other player has, contract or no contract. Everton will have benefited from his performances. We haven't hired him to play crap. If he wants to stay, great. If he doesn't play his ass off, he wouldn't be asked to stay anyway.

It's time to stop with all this silly doom mongering, regardless of it's origin. It's plain silly.

Would you rather we gave him a 4 year contract on competitive wages like Van Der Meyde?

Drenthe has quality, but he's also had off-the-field problems.

A one-year deal is best for both parties.

So you prefer being someones advertisment then for free? Plays good for us and we get nothing at the end, think about what you write mate

So you prefer being someones advertisment then for free? Plays good for us and we get nothing at the end, think about what you write mate

Oh fuck off, I'm thinking perfectly clearly about what I'm writing.

We don't get nothing at the end. We get a season's worth of good performances out of the wages we're paying him. Exactly what we want out of a player.

We paid Van Der Meyde about £8.5m for his 30 appearances, Drenthe has the danger of going that way as well. Unpopular with both management and the fans at his last 2 clubs.

Oh fuck off, I'm thinking perfectly clearly about what I'm writing.

We don't get nothing at the end. We get a season's worth of good performances out of the wages we're paying him. Exactly what we want out of a player.

We paid Van Der Meyde about £8.5m for his 30 appearances, Drenthe has the danger of going that way as well. Unpopular with both management and the fans at his last 2 clubs.

So we sign him on a 2 yr contract and it doesnt work out we still get money for him, as it stands we get nothing. God knows why you keep bringing Vdm up, is this the only dutch player you know?

HB, I'm pretty fair minded, but I'm starting to wonder if you thrive on controversy.

It's your good self that needs to think about what you write.

Let me put it clearly:

We have employed the guy for 1 seasons worth of football. We won't get anything at the end of it, and nor should we, because we're not paying for anything at the end of it.

After 1 season, he has done his job, and is free to do what he wants. If we want further services, we then have to attract him like any other club, and sit down to discuss.

He isn't expected to do us special favours, or show us loyalty, or even like us.

One season only - that's it.

So we sign him on a 2 yr contract and it doesnt work out we still get money for him, as it stands we get nothing. God knows why you keep bringing Vdm up, is this the only dutch player you know?

Madrid couldn't sell him, and if it doesn't work out with us that'll be 5 seasons he hasn't performed, not 4. Clubs aren't f*cking stupid, we'd be stuck with him for 2 years.

And you can fuck right off. Sick of you and your snidey posts. Seriously, head off to BlueKipper, NSNO or the BlueRoom where the rest of the WUMs post.

Madrid couldn't sell him, and if it doesn't work out with us that'll be 5 seasons he hasn't performed, not 4. Clubs aren't f*cking stupid, we'd be stuck with him for 2 years.

And you can fuck right off. Sick of you and your snidey posts. Seriously, head off to BlueKipper, NSNO or the BlueRoom where the rest of the WUMs post.

Your plainly a idiot