Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Royston Drenthe

Am saying we should have tried to buy him, if the player says no then we should have moved on

How do you know we didn't try to sign him? It was a little late to move on considering deal was announced at 11pm last night!

There are quite a few more complications involved with that mate. Might be best to change the subject now, and try and focus on the positives.

Just dont see the point in this deal at all, putting a player in the shop window when we could have secured him cheap makes no sense

Kind of descended into Anarchy this thread. Personally I think Drenthe is a great loan move. Think of it as a try before you buy kinda deal. If he performs for us and does well I think he'll stay and we'll most likely get him on a free. It works the other way too, if he's too much trouble on or off the pitch we just say cheerio and go looking for someone else. Got high hopes for this lad and reckon he brings an extra dimension to the team.

Kaziken, just to let you know, those videos could fool anyone into beleiving that a certain Victor Anichebe was in them wink.png

To be honest, Royston has potential to be a great player but the years that he has been there he has got problems with alcohol, street races, he likes going pubs a lot and he isn't very professional cause sometimes comes late to training.

I wish he can demostrate all things that he couldn't in Spain.

Good luck Royston, have a good season and score 3 or 4 goals against Liverpool.

I watched this guy in the U21 w/c a few years back and he was the player of the tournament in my eyes. Everything Holland did went through him and he certainly had quality.

I just hope he can get back on the straight and narrow and that the fans get behind him. Could be a brilliant loan and his pace, work ethic and creativity are something we have lacked since Pienaar left.

To be honest, Royston has potential to be a great player but the years that he has been there he has got problems with alcohol, street races, he likes going pubs a lot and he isn't very professional cause sometimes comes late to training.

I wish he can demostrate all things that he couldn't in Spain.

Good luck Royston, have a good season and score 3 or 4 goals against Liverpool.

If you're Spanish I'm a monkeys uncle.

Just surfaced after a day at work without internet to learn Drenthe has signed on a season's loan, Personally, I think it's great news.

As he's out of contract at the end of the season he has a chance (and he will know it), to put himself in the window for both a move AND the international team for Euro 2012. The supporters will be massively behind him and if he plays well I'm sure he'll se what a great club we are and want to stay. On the other hand, if he plays like a crock of shit we can get rid sharpish.

Great deal for Everton and great deal for him. I am creaming my knicks. Welcome to Goodison Royston; now go and wreck the shit of some opposing full backs.

He seems a bit mad but also has a track record of starting well at clubs so I think he'll do well for a couple of months at least. Hopefully he's grown up a bit & realised that this is an opportunity he needs to take so we'll get a full season of him at his best. Don't think there's any chance of him staying after a year. Once he's a free agent he'll be looking for the best signing-on fee & wages he can get, which won't be our offer.

I'm actually pretty excited about this signing, although I fear it may become a similar situation to Fernandes where the player uses the loan as a window and leaves for another club after the loan expires despite Everton interest.

I'm asking myself, Is it appropriate/ethical for a Mod to post the location of a forummer without his permission?

I didn't exactly post his home address...there's 200,000 people in the city so it's hardly giving anything away. Would it have been OK if I said he lived (or was currently posting from) Spain?

Anyone know any details of Drenthe's contract?

From what I've read in the news, his contract finishes at the end of this season?

Does Everton have any first-buy options in place??? I think he could possibly be a keeper :D

I'm actually pretty excited about this signing, although I fear it may become a similar situation to Fernandes where the player uses the loan as a window and leaves for another club after the loan expires despite Everton interest.

I agree, but if he and Straq can help us into the top half of the table and may be even get close enough to the Champions League than he may consider moving, especially with a more involved role as compared to a club where they are only likely to use him as a substitute for Carling Cup games.

I didn't exactly post his home address...there's 200,000 people in the city so it's hardly giving anything away. Would it have been OK if I said he lived (or was currently posting from) Spain?

I don't know. anyway, it's a bit weird to welcome a new member with an investigation :)

To be fair, he could be a die hard fan of Real madrid from anywhere in the world. Its not like they have a local fanbase, they are worldwide! English could be the lads second language after Mandarin for all we know.

He might just be fluent english, which is quite common amongst intelligent foreigners who got a decent education, or watched Police Academy.

I don't know. anyway, it's a bit weird to welcome a new member with an investigation smile.png

I was backing him up against accusations that he wasn't who he said he was....so I thought I was on his sideunsure.png .

But it's a valid point Churinga....we occasionally get people pretending (or letting people assume) that they're from somewhere they're not and we keep it to ourselves (unless the opportunity for blackmail arrisesbiggrin.png ).

Maybe it wasn't a great idea.

To be fair, he could be a die hard fan of Real madrid from anywhere in the world. Its not like they have a local fanbase, they are worldwide! English could be the lads second language after Mandarin for all we know.

He might just be fluent english, which is quite common amongst intelligent foreigners who got a decent education, or watched Police Academy.

bit of a waynes world quote there..like it :D

I was backing him up against accusations that he wasn't who he said he was....so I thought I was on his sideunsure.png .

But it's a valid point Churinga....we occasionally get people pretending (or letting people assume) that they're from somewhere they're not and we keep it to ourselves (unless the opportunity for blackmail arrisesbiggrin.png ).

Maybe it wasn't a great idea.

don't see a problem myself..you were on his side..does it really matter? people bein over-sensitive maybe?

that's where i like my racism to dance naked in front of me just like romey

casandra and waynes white fender strat are things my dreams are made of! can you belive that film is 19 years old! i bet she isnt fit now.

The thought of you two dancing racistly in front of me makes me moist

the thought of you moist makes me want to die.

I thought this page would be rocking, after getting a player from Real Madrid.

Why did Moyes choose this guy? Could it be because he is a possible replacement for Baines?

Originally a left-winger, Drenthe can now also operate as a left full-back

There ... that should ruffle a few feathers lol.

Why did Moyes choose this guy? Could it be because he is a possible replacement for Baines?

I think he took him like lot of others before him. Good player, career downside, chance to get him cheap, doesnt cost much to give him a chance to get back on track. No doubt talented player, and same time for a position we need, and in a worst case also can replace Baines, if he gets injured(KNOCKING FUCKING BIG WOOD)

I think he will throw him straight in, the lad has a point to prove to his doubters. I hope he come with fire in his belly, I'm looking forward to seeing a player being very direct in a blue shirt. Missed it since donovan went back.

I dont think we will be in a position to sign him up after his loan though tbh. He would be on mega wages at Real Madrid which is something we cant afford, and unfortunately he doesnt strike me as the type of player that would take a massive wage cut.

lets not talk about playing the boy at left back it wont happen,hes a creative winger i want to see him putting plenty of crosses in for strac i now its a video but strac looks quite good in the air.