IGNORED

Deadline Day thread

So i figured post in here for all the news of transfers today, and your thoughts on them. BBC has Sportsday live and sky sports have their transfer thing....

And here's the latest:

A few more to keep an eye out for today, then. David Ngogto leave Liverpool, Sunderland, Stoke and QPR to battle it out for Peter Crouch, Tottenham to make a move for Gary Cahill, Wigan to move for Shaun Maloney, Brian Ruiz and Zdenek Grygera to arrive at Fulham and movement at Everton, too. Though probably through the exit rather than the entrance. Joseph Yoboand Yakubu are close to leaving, it is reported.

So could Joey and Yak going free up the money for a last ditch effort? Or should we accept fate?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need anybody?

If everybody was to pull their finger out, and Moyes was to get team spirit back, which I actually think has gone, are our team not good enough?

Pienaar was a blow, but we still adjusted, and now Barkley might break through.

I think we have a European placed team at worst if we played better and with the Everton passion that is lacking. We only need to scrape together a few wins, and we will be off to a flyer again.

DO NOT SELL YAK or YOBO.

Polish them up, and make our other players fight for their places.

I think we may have to fend off a piss poor offer for Arteta from Arsenal at some point.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have said he should consider selling if he could get the right price and use the money for a replacement but it's far too late now.

Saw Beckford rumoured to Leicester at 4.5m. I'd be really keen for us to take that offer as I don't think we'll see an offer of that size again, same as with Arteta though he needs replacing and it's late in the day at 4.5m wouldn't get us much.

If we could get decent loan signings in place of any sales then that would help, puts some money in the bank though obviously next season we'd have to find the cash to replace them.

--

I wait in non expectant anticaption

Sorry I started it then.....this thread was mainly for discussion about all the transfers including any and none Everton might perfrom....

As much as it seems 99% certain we won't sign anyone we've been in that position before and I've thought we'll get noone and we have done....

Plus Kenwright stated that he told the banks they couldn't stop us from trading, so what was the point in saying that if we can't pick up a Bosman or a loan signing?

Sorry I started it then.....this thread was mainly for discussion about all the transfers including any and none Everton might perfrom....

As much as it seems 99% certain we won't sign anyone we've been in that position before and I've thought we'll get noone and we have done....

Plus Kenwright stated that he told the banks they couldn't stop us from trading, so what was the point in saying that if we can't pick up a Bosman or a loan signing?

dont be sorry man we have to have one..we always do..its how it is..youre just unfortunate that you started it and now take the shit about the thread :P

Dont forget whoever starts the thread is solely responsible if Everton dont sign anyone! LOL

Im setting myself up for a beating today but I think that we will see some action at Everton today!!

I think that Arteta might be sold, aswell as Yobo and the Yak

I believe we will loan a striker/CF from somewhere, hopefully Sturridge or Leroy Fer.

*fingers crossed, polish my shotgun and hang a noose up in the ceiling*

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Leicester's search for new striker may see Sven turn back to Everton's Jermaine Beckford before the night is out."

It looks like Leicester City's business for the window is not yet complete - BBC Sport's Simon Austin reports that they are still after a striker and their consultant, Tord Grip, told him that they retain an interest in Nikica Jelavic, Jimmy Kebe, Andy Johnson and Jermaine Beckford.