IGNORED

Deadline Day thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer re-cap:

Yakubu in Blackburn for talks, according to the Echo's Greg O'Keeffe.

Leicester City have a bid in the region of £4.5m accepted for Jermaine Beckford according to multiple Leicester City-based journalists (including one from the Beeb), Greg O'Keeffe says it's now up to Beckford to decide on a move or not.

Everton to sign Argentinian Primera top-scorer (previous holders of title include Zarate, Lisandro Lopez, Saviola...) Denis Stracqualursi from either Gimnasia or Tigre (not entirely sure) says BBC Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty and the Torygraph's Merseyside reporter Rory Smith though Greg O'Keeffe seems to think it's dependent on one of the above moving.

Edited by Ian C

So all we need now is for Beckford to go and us not get a work permit for Denis. Anyone know if he has an EU passport?

At least we'll have Yak and Vic to go with for the rest of the season!!

Sorry about the pessimism but hard to be optimistic about some of this!! sad.png

for the love of god don't tell romey!! he already hates our hoof brigade!!

It doesn't matter, the lad won't play for us. But if, for some baffling reason Moyes decides to play a striker upfront, he'll be a monster beacon for Jagielka and Neville to hoof to. Not that they'll hit him, the ball will still go sailing over his fucking head.

It doesn't matter, the lad won't play for us. But if, for some baffling reason Moyes decides to play a striker upfront, he'll be a monster beacon for Jagielka and Neville to hoof to. Not that they'll hit him, the ball will still go sailing over his fucking head.

laugh.png

most negativity does my head in round here but yours always makes me chuckle!

Edited by marcopaulo

Disappointed we're selling Beckford, I think he's a touch of class. But it's clear Moyes won't play him properly so perhaps £4.5m represents great business from that point of view.

A couple of new signings would go a long way to exciting the fanbase again, as well.

So all we need now is for Beckford to go and us not get a work permit for Denis. Anyone know if he has an EU passport?

At least we'll have Yak and Vic to go with for the rest of the season!!

Sorry about the pessimism but hard to be optimistic about some of this!! sad.png

Thats a scary but pertinent question....

Edited by Matt

Disappointed we're selling Beckford, I think he's a touch of class. But it's clear Moyes won't play him properly so perhaps £4.5m represents great business from that point of view.

Yeah, the banks are grinning from ear to ear.

The only signings we'll make will be loans... who will go back to their clubs come the summer and we still won't be able to actually to buy any players, but the banks will want us to sell another player so our squad will get even smaller.

Excuse me while I go and smash my head against a wall.