IGNORED

Deadline Day thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could handle Everton not signing anyone, but selling Beckford if it goes ahead will make me really angry at Moyes. The lad could have gone anywhere, and gave us the chance, and so far he must be shrugging his shoulders.

Why are Leicester getting great deals on our strikers? Has Sven got photos of Moyes shagging a TV presenter?

I think 4.5million (if that's what it is) is a decent deal for us, not terrible for Leicester but definitely alright for us.

I think if he'd played another season we wouldn't have got that much for him.

--

I think everyones very split on Beckford and i'm definitely on the negative side, did an ok job at times but in the end not that great and a decent bit of business bringing him in on a free, getting a season out of him and selling him for plenty of money to go into the bank.

Because we're losing our only bit of pace so can't catch him.

laugh.png Love it. But surely we must be able to afford his wages if we are offloading Yak AND Beckford... i would have thought that is atleast £50K off the wage bill, and Bellamy wouldnt be on much more than 70K a week? Bit of haggling to be done there i would say!

As for Baines to Arsenal.... REALLY cant see that happening tbh, they've just signed Andre santos havent they? and i cant see Wenger putting together a fee that even comes close........ Hopefully unsure.png

EDIT: Also love how SSN didnt bother to send anyone to Goodison and just asked the guy outside Mellwood whats going on laugh.png

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Would be quite happy to see these deals go through to be honest. 4.5m is good money for a player who we got for free 12months ago and simply isn't good enough at this level. I would rather see the Yak go as Moyes isn't going to use him anyway, he would rather play Felli and Cahill up top so we may as well get what we can for him and get him off the wage bill. Even if we bring no-one in we still have Saha, Anichebe, Vellios, Gueye and Baxter who will hopefully get more of a chance if we get rid of some deadwood. I'm not saying that gives us a whole lot of firepower upfront but lets face it, keeping hold of the Yak and Beckford won't change that.

Would be quite happy to see these deals go through to be honest. 4.5m is good money for a player who we got for free 12months ago and simply isn't good enough at this level. I would rather see the Yak go as Moyes isn't going to use him anyway, he would rather play Felli and Cahill up top so we may as well get what we can for him and get him off the wage bill. Even if we bring no-one in we still have Saha, Anichebe, Vellios, Gueye and Baxter who will hopefully get more of a chance if we get rid of some deadwood. I'm not saying that gives us a whole lot of firepower upfront but lets face it, keeping hold of the Yak and Beckford won't change that.

With the upmost respect mate I think that you are wrong on the firepower thing. Losing Beckford and not bringing anyone in who can replace those goals is silly. Pure and Simple. I understand that it is fairly good business due to the profit we have made on the player.

Can someone work out where we would have finished without Beckford's goals last term?

Few rumours surfacing we are in talks to sign Andre-Pierre Gignac on season-long loan. Had a bad season last year at Marseille but has a pretty good scoreing record before that, also has 16 caps and 4 goals to his name for France.

Think Gignac has already gone somewere mate, swear i saw it on SSN. On the other hand i may be talking out my arse, would love him here though!

With the upmost respect mate I think that you are wrong on the firepower thing. Losing Beckford and not bringing anyone in who can replace those goals is silly. Pure and Simple. I understand that it is fairly good business due to the profit we have made on the player.

Can someone work out where we would have finished without Beckford's goals last term?

In the short term you might be right but in the long term I don't think Beckford (who has probably about reached his max potential), is that much better than Vellios for example (Vellios hold-up play is leagues above Beckford), and I don't think he is close to reaching his full potential so would rather see him given a chance. I also realise I am being abit of an optimist here and in reality Moyes is more likely to play Cahill and Felli up top than to give Vellios ago.

p.s. I don't think working out where we would have finished without Beckfords goals really proves anything, whos to say whoever played in his place would not have scored more goals in that playing time. Its like saying where would we have finished without Howards saves last season. Not having ago mate just really not a fan of stats like that.

Royston Ricky Drenthe (born 8 April 1987) is a Dutch footballer who plays for Real Madrid. Chinese whispers led fans of premier league team Everton to mistakenly think that their team had signed Drenthe on 31st Aug, 2011. It was later reported, that in fact local man Roy Stone was drenched on his way to Goodison.

Just took this from Wikipedia, looks like the website may be under attack from the redshite!