IGNORED

Overall thoughts?

Avinalaff

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in for a poor season, that's my thought.

I'll echo that.,.. can see us struggling to be honest, maybe with Drenthe we've found a solution to our winger problem, but, I'm not convinced we've not shot ourselves in the foot (make that both feet, and allour boots) in the striker department

Edited by wallwriter

if that argie doesn't go the business..we're fucked...drenthe and baines may get a pienaar/baines like partnership goin and make the chances but if hes shit then whos gonna score them..im not sayin beckford was the answer and it seems a decent chunk for him but its a big risk puttin hopes on denis/vic/saha/vellios

RD - great business. Good player.

Yak - still not confirmed.

Becks - gutted about it to be honest.

Arteta - good business, shit timing.

DS - who?

Yak has been confirmed. On the "Outs" list on SSN anyway... Beckford isnt though. And for some reason the supposed £2.5m For Vaughan is now only £1.25m?

Guest blueboy122

Over the summer we have let 3 strikers leave the club who are all more than capable of suceeding in my opinion. Yakubu, Beckford, Vaughan and we have brought some unknown from south america. I am not sure what to make of it really. could have done with someone to fill arteta's boots for the season within regards to creativity although he has not been creative at all. As cover and a squad player with creativity I wouldnt of minded Jimmy Bullard who went on a free to Ipswich I think or maybe could have loaned Jenas? Hmm maybe not Jenas

More frustrated at seeing some average sides spunk money on players left right and centre, and even some of the signings that went through earlier in the day. Bentley as an example who dropped a division to get games.

rofl.gif

Agree with you though, pisses me off no end seeing Stoke spending £20m on 2 players? when we havent spent that much over 3 years?

Our threadbare squad just got a little thinner

No way will Felli sign a new contract now knowing what direction were heading in

Im used to feeling let down every transfer window but Ive never been this worried before

We are now totally reliant on Osman and Barkley for any kind of creativity and upfront we have 2 untried forwards, a cripple and a donkey, scary times ahead

Yakubu must have been on huge wages, or surely we could offer him what Blackburn are offering him, and his fee was disappointingly low, which strikes me that there must be clauses.

Arteta has been a liability for some time, both with financial resources and poor performances, so I'm quite happy for him to leave.

Duffy on loan for a month will be good for the lad, and it wouldn't surprise me if we lose Jags in January.

Beckford leaving has gobsmacked me. There has to have been arguments for this to happen, and it will no doubt come out. Can't understand that one.

Don't know much about any players coming in, other than there is now huge pressure on the new striker to deliver.

I trust Moyes though, so will gladly look to find positives as the various news comes in.

I still think the Drenthe deal was lined up a day or 2 ago, as was the Arteta deal probably.

I'm gradually getting more upset/frustrated/annoyed/worried about the impact this is going to have on us, not just now but for probabaly the next season or 2. We're seen as a selling club, and other clubs will simply come to pck the bones.

I think this argentine will do the business..hopefully saha can get fit and we wont have to play that joke victor. Hes on 30k a week!! that could have went on someone who at least knows how to put the ball in the net. I am pleased about drenthe I think hes going to be class. suits our style too.

Were being crippled by high wages and debt repayments on loans!! By selling Arteta, i bet for a touch more than ten mil and removing his and Yaks roughly 5.5 mil a year wages will clear a vast amount of debt.

We've got a surplus of midfielders [central] and desperately need wingers [one of which we got for nothing] Honestly believe Arteta has done squat for the last couple of years other than hit three kicks straight into walls, be injured and pass sideways. Can we really justify paying 3.9 million a year for that? The future of Everton is far more important than Arteta, and selling a player who will be decreasing in value because of his age is sensible buisness. The fact is he also wanted to go so no point keeping.

Not sure i agree with all the doom and gloom! Certainly not declaring both signings as rubbish either. Fact is were skint and we need to act frugally in the market. Still think we have plenty of good players and will do alright this season. COYB

Were being crippled by high wages and debt repayments on loans!! By selling Arteta, i bet for a touch more than ten mil and removing his and Yaks roughly 5.5 mil a year wages will clear a vast amount of debt.

We've got a surplus of midfielders [central] and desperately need wingers [one of which we got for nothing] Honestly believe Arteta has done squat for the last couple of years other than hit three kicks straight into walls, be injured and pass sideways. Can we really justify paying 3.9 million a year for that? The future of Everton is far more important than Arteta, and selling a player who will be decreasing in value because of his age is sensible buisness. The fact is he also wanted to go so no point keeping.

Not sure i agree with all the doom and gloom! Certainly not declaring both signings as rubbish either. Fact is were skint and we need to act frugally in the market. Still think we have plenty of good players and will do alright this season. COYB

Agree completely. The club is bigger than any player, always has been and always will be. Winning our next game is key though to try and get some positivity. Let's get behind them and in particular the young lads who will get more chances over the course of this season..

IN :

Eric Dier - loan confirmed (Nothing Deal for us, makes no difference)

Denis Stracqualursi - loan confirmed (Could he be another Gem? Moyes has a knack of finding unknowns and them turning out to be just what we need, another Cahill type would be nice!)

Royston Drenthe - loan Awaiting confirmation (Good signing, watch his youtube vid. The lad has ability and if he can link up with Baines then Happy days)

OUT:

Arteta - Arsenal (Money is good, but just gone to Banks. Plus, we even if it hasn't we can't use it until Jan)

Yakubu - Blackburn (Not bothered by this)

Beckford - Leicester (Gutted, I strongly believe Becks had a lot to offer Everton still)

Duffy - Scunthorpe - loan confirmed (Irrelevant)

Here's my massive rant, if you'll allow me to indulge...

Everton selling Arteta is effectively an admission by the club that it no longer has any hope of challenging for the Champs League spots. Arteta told the club he wanted to play CL and Moyes let him go after telling him they couldn't achieve that. Arteta deserves this though, hopefully he can help Arsenal do well and stay in the CL next year. And hopefully he might FINALLY get a gig in the Spanish side now that he's at a 'big' club.

His departure has also sent shockwaves through the rest of the team on Twitter this morning: Phil Nevllle - "Window closed I'm shattered see you all tomorrow”. Distin - "Feeling confused right now...."

I'm worried this could lead to the downfall of Everton. They've effectively given up and surely our top players like Fellaini, Baines, Jagielka and Rodwell will see this and begin to wonder if they should move on.

It also raises the question of how much longer will we have Moyes for. Because he certainly couldn't put up with another season like this. If we don't get new owners this season, Moyes WILL leave by season's end. I'm sure of it.

Also, to elaborate on our other transfer dealings...

OUT:

- Beckford to Leicester for £4m. At a time where we desperately need to strengthen our striking stocks, we go ahead and sell last season's top scorer. Fantastic.

- Yakubu to Blackburn for £2m. He was always going to go, but again, why sell him AND Beckford.

- Vaughan to Nowrich City for £2.5m. Yet another striker departure, but this was done ages ago. Shit thing about this is that all of his transfer fee was immediately given to the bank.

IN:

- Drenthe on season-long loan. He'll play out on the left wing where we've already got enough cover. And he's hardly had a glamourous last two seasons (just 14 games out on loan for Hercules last season, and just 8 games at Real Madrid). I'm not excited about him.

- Denis Stracqualursi on season-long loan. Who? Not only is he a no-name, but he's yet another fucking unpronounceable player like Bilyaletdinov! Haha! Moyes is on a mission to make commentators' lives difficult.

So that's £18.5m raised (or £20.5m if you include Pienaar's sale), and I'm willing to bet the large majority of that now belongs to the bank. And the fact our only signings are merely on loans is a real worry. No looking to the future, just a view to surviving.

We are fucked.

We have solved one problem and created several others. Drenthe is a good signing and Im looking forward to see him play. We are short up front now though, I assume Saha will be 1st choice and when his inevitable injury comes who will fill in? I take the new lad - If he turns out to be good, how the fuck are we supposed to come up with a song, what rhymes with straquilsarirsairsairsa???????

Tweet from Phil Neville this morning

People writing us off,backs to the wall,underdogs,crisis been there seen it done it love it can't wait for next game time to step up blues

Sad times. You have to say that its a matter of time before Moyes gets a better offer! Kenwright has got to find a buyer... I cant understand how investors are buying the likes of Blackburn and leaving us behind with a far better squad and manager. £10million is already in the banks pockets and Everton have again no money to spend. Pieanar gone - brilliant player for us Arteta gone - brillinat player. Im sorry to say it but please KENWRIGHT its time to go!

Overall im quite happy with Arteta leaving. Ok we didnt reinvest any money but we have paid of a huge chunk of the dept and lowered our wage bill. Thats good business in my books and will probably allow us to spend some money in the january window...

I would have prefered to sell Jags for around 18 to be honest, but now we went with Arteta and whose fault is that? DMs? Artetas? BKs? BUs? Nope, I blame HalewoodBlue wink.png

I am very concerned about us selling Becks to be honest. Who is goint to bring the goals in? I fear that DM sees Vic as the number one striker with Saha as first backup. I hope that Straquwharawharsairasara is the solution but lets be honest, its a longshot. Especially if Sven turned him down in favour of the player that he is supposed to replace!!!

We have cover for Arteta. Osman is a brilliant player and is much better in the middle than on any wing. We have Rodders and Bily who id like to see being given an honest chance. We have Barkley and when Coleman is back Barkley can be played in the middle.

The big news is Roy Drenthe. What a brilliant signing this could be. I rate him much higher than Peanuts and to be fair he had a tough time at Real Madrid. He can be magical on his day and good on a bad day. A season long loan ok, but he is a free agent after the season so if he is happy here i cant see any reason for it not to become permanent.

Im hoping that the argie fellow proves us wrong, but mostly im hoping that Saha is injure free for the entire season. I still believe that we are a top 10 side. Pushing for a european spot next season. And finansially in a better position than before. I cant see that this has been an overly dissapointing transfer window. We are definatly NOT transfer loosers as many are stating on twitter.

The biggest looser this window is Arsenal, closely followed by Luca Modric.

The winners are Sunderland and QPR in my books.

Lets look forward now and be amazed by Straquwharawharsairasarasharas 20 goals this season

*Bloody hell, I do use the phrase "to be honest" alot....... to be honest

Edited by Peter H