IGNORED

Overall thoughts?

Avinalaff

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This transfer window was bad I fear that January transfer window will be even worse.

Fellini will go as won't sign a new contract now.

As other people have said with players coming in on loan its only about surviving and not the future which dm has always been about.

How does dm feel about this all. He can't be happy.

I'm slightly bemused by all the comments. When making my continual depressing negative analysis of the clowns who run our club (bill and the boys) have any of you picked up on the fact that what we seen in this window backs this up?

I'm sorry but the continued "look at Blackburn, Portsmouth, I'd sooner stick with bill etc" has to stop. We have an amateur set up, bill doesn't know his P&L, the other major shareholders are no where to be seen, what is Phillip greens involvement?! Where is £24m being spent?

The sports writer in the times tweeted that everton are a club whose finances clearly need scrutiny, this has all happened under bill and co's watch. if this was Liverpool there would be protests and demonstrations. When Is enough enough for some of you? Relegation? How much are we for sale for?!

I'm slightly bemused by all the comments. When making my continual depressing negative analysis of the clowns who run our club (bill and the boys) have any of you picked up on the fact that what we seen in this window backs this up?

I'm sorry but the continued "look at Blackburn, Portsmouth, I'd sooner stick with bill etc" has to stop. We have an amateur set up, bill doesn't know his P&L, the other major shareholders are no where to be seen, what is Phillip greens involvement?! Where is £24m being spent?

The sports writer in the times tweeted that everton are a club whose finances clearly need scrutiny, this has all happened under bill and co's watch. if this was Liverpool there would be protests and demonstrations. When Is enough enough for some of you? Relegation? How much are we for sale for?!

sick of this question bein chirped about..im pissed off with it all but us knowing how much it is for sale for is gonna solve fuck all..you gonna club some money together with some mates?? the people who need to know how much its for sale for will know! end of...thats all im sayin

What the F**k do you or any other moaning anti board fan care how much were for sale for? Can you afford to buy us? Any potential proper buyer will find this information out

I think Arteta going suits all parties involved. Arsenal have got their "Fabregas replacement", Arteta has got Champions League football and we've got £10m for a 29 year old who was on big money and wasn't the creative and decisive player he was supposed to be for some time now.

Selling Beckford baffles me. I don't even particularly rate him, but I really do not get why we would sell our only striker with pace and depth that's capable of scoring. Now we've got Saha (who is injured a lot and everywhere but in the box when he isn't), Anichebe and this unproven Argentinian Leicester reject on loan! Having to sell him for so little money is just a disgrace.

Drenthe does offer us something we lacked. Pace out wide. If he has a good season however, he'll probably be playing for Spurs come next summer.

Yakubu won't be missed and I'm gutted Yobo is still at the club. Moyes should get him back in the squad now. We can't afford a player on his wages wasting his time with the Reserves. Plus he'd fuck up Dier or Hammar's development.

I think Arteta going suits all parties involved. Arsenal have got their "Fabregas replacement", Arteta has got Champions League football and we've got £10m for a 29 year old who was on big money and wasn't the creative and decisive player he was supposed to be for some time now.

Selling Beckford baffles me. I don't even particularly rate him, but I really do not get why we would sell our only striker with pace and depth that's capable of scoring. Now we've got Saha (who is injured a lot and everywhere but in the box when he isn't), Anichebe and this unproven Argentinian Leicester reject on loan! Having to sell him for so little money is just a disgrace.

Drenthe does offer us something we lacked. Pace out wide. If he has a good season however, he'll probably be playing for Spurs come next summer.

Yakubu won't be missed and I'm gutted Yobo is still at the club. Moyes should get him back in the squad now. We can't afford a player on his wages wasting his time with the Reserves. Plus he'd fuck up Dier or Hammar's development.

Spot on. 100% agree Steve

Honestly, i think everyone bemoaning our plight should quit their yapping. We've suffered much , much harder times than these and always got through and we will do again. It's always the worst thing about evertonians, the blindness of negativity, so allow me to spell out the positives for you.....

1) We got the left winger and striker we so desperately needed, you know, the ones we spent all last year begging for?

2) Beckford and Yakubu have gone, woopdeedoo. becks was a petulant second division makeweight, who scored ten goals. ten. James beattie scored ten goals too, don't remember anyone calling him the messiah. And as for Yak........well, lets just say his pie count at eawood park will almost certainly outweigh his goal count

3) and finally.........Mikel Arteta. gave us six years of loyal service and won fuck all. he's 29 and we got 10m for him. we also would have paid him 14m in wages in the next four years. So we have just saved the club 24MILLION pounds. Rememeber, it's the books that are screwed at everton, not the team or the manager. 24m goes a very, very long way to adressing that issue. Give the man every ounce of respect he deserves, because he is a true blue legend.

The point is Everton survives. We dont NEED those players to survive, not one of them influenced our season last year, you know, the one when it eventually picked up pace was as good as any of the top six and the one that only lost european action due to a couple of flukey cup runs?

One chapter ends, Another begins. Same as it ever was.

Honestly, i think everyone bemoaning our plight should quit their yapping. We've suffered much , much harder times than these and always got through and we will do again. It's always the worst thing about evertonians, the blindness of negativity, so allow me to spell out the positives for you.....

1) We got the left winger and striker we so desperately needed, you know, the ones we spent all last year begging for?

2) Beckford and Yakubu have gone, woopdeedoo. becks was a petulant second division makeweight, who scored ten goals. ten. James beattie scored ten goals too, don't remember anyone calling him the messiah. And as for Yak........well, lets just say his pie count at eawood park will almost certainly outweigh his goal count

3) and finally.........Mikel Arteta. gave us six years of loyal service and won fuck all. he's 29 and we got 10m for him. we also would have paid him 14m in wages in the next four years. So we have just saved the club 24MILLION pounds. Rememeber, it's the books that are screwed at everton, not the team or the manager. 24m goes a very, very long way to adressing that issue. Give the man every ounce of respect he deserves, because he is a true blue legend.

The point is Everton survives. We dont NEED those players to survive, not one of them influenced our season last year, you know, the one when it eventually picked up pace was as good as any of the top six and the one that only lost european action due to a couple of flukey cup runs?

so you heard of this chap then? we been beggin for unknowns and unproven have we? what if this guy scores less than the messiah beckford?

Were being crippled by high wages and debt repayments on loans!! By selling Arteta, i bet for a touch more than ten mil and removing his and Yaks roughly 5.5 mil a year wages will clear a vast amount of debt.

We've got a surplus of midfielders [central] and desperately need wingers [one of which we got for nothing] Honestly believe Arteta has done squat for the last couple of years other than hit three kicks straight into walls, be injured and pass sideways. Can we really justify paying 3.9 million a year for that? The future of Everton is far more important than Arteta, and selling a player who will be decreasing in value because of his age is sensible buisness. The fact is he also wanted to go so no point keeping.

Not sure i agree with all the doom and gloom! Certainly not declaring both signings as rubbish either. Fact is were skint and we need to act frugally in the market. Still think we have plenty of good players and will do alright this season. COYB

well said lad.

well said too, though I think Beckford deserves a little more credit

Does anyone know if Straqualursi was actually on trial at Leicester?

Be interested to know if this rumour is true because Leicester have been trying like hell to get in any number of strikers and took Beckford from us but passed up the chance to sign Straq?

Maybe the loan fee put them off. £1.8m? Really???

Jeez and we can't sell Yobo for that.

Depressing as hell sad.png

Edited by SharpysVolley

But we've solved one problem and created another.. Yes we've been crying out for a winger with pace but now were a creative midfielder and a striker short for it, and we were already short on strikers as it is. Okay Becks only got 10 goals last season, but coming from league one and getting 10 goals in something like 25 appearances (not all starts) in his first season in the best league in the world! is pretty impressive, im not saying he was a great player... but you cant say the lad couldnt score goals.

I agree with most of this. I would have preferred Beckford to stay, as I can't help thinking we didn't give him the chance, but he's gone now, so now our thoughts move on. Good luck to the lads that left, and good luck to the lads that have joined.

We got "the" (unproven premierleague) striker and winger we desperately needed (on loan) at the cost of errr let's see two strikers and a midfielder. Nice logic there.

Everton survives eh? Just down to throwing the sofas onto the fire now, got one or two rembrandts hanging there just in case the flames start dying again.

For me it's not that the players have gone and what it will do for playing as as other people can come in to cover

What worries me is what message this sends out to everyone and our other players

What happens if jags baines Howard decide it's best for them to move on and can't turn down the offer to play at a top 4 or 5 club

One thing for certain is dm won't have any troubles naming his squad of players for this coming year

I hope this Argie does well because pretty much everyones given him no chance at all.

To me this deal seems to be Tigre putting him in the shopwindow, why else would they be sending their best striker out on loan. I doubt we have any future fee agreed as they will be hoping he attracts some attention.

Rather than moaning about him being some no-name why don't we wait and watch him play a couple of games and see what he can do for us.

We've brought someone in to replace Beckford, it's a big punt as he's never played in England but with his size and strength he does sound like a player that could play up front by himself so we'll soon see if he can do it.

*one minor disappointment with Arteta going...are there any other Spanish speakers at the club that can take him under their wing when he arrives? Arteta with his love of languages was a great man to have with being able to chat to the new foreign lads easy enough.

We got "the" (unproven premierleague) striker and winger we desperately needed (on loan) at the cost of errr let's see two strikers and a midfielder. Nice logic there.

Everton survives eh? Just down to throwing the sofas onto the fire now, got one or two rembrandts hanging there just in case the flames start dying again.

Exactly what im talking about. James beattie, Andy johnson, marcus bent, daniel amokachi, DUNCAN FERGUSON!!!! need me to go on? We've always had unproven strikers BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY.

My logic is perfectly sound thankyou, allowing our most costly player to leave gives the clubs financiers room to say "ok, we'll lend you another xxmillion quid next season"

You have to think of the bigger picture, one season of mediocrity could allow us to balance the books. Do you want a new stadium or not? Robert elstone cant just fart out 250+million quid y'know. we have to be in the position where someone will lend it to us. in order to do this, sacrifices have to and will be made.

Exactly what im talking about. James beattie, Andy johnson, marcus bent, daniel amokachi, DUNCAN FERGUSON!!!! need me to go on? We've always had unproven strikers BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY.

My logic is perfectly sound thankyou, allowing our most costly player to leave gives the clubs financiers room to say "ok, we'll lend you another xxmillion quid next season"

You have to think of the bigger picture, one season of mediocrity could allow us to balance the books. Do you want a new stadium or not? Robert elstone cant just fart out 250+million quid y'know. we have to be in the position where someone will lend it to us. in order to do this, sacrifices have to and will be made.

Amo apart, none of them strikers were unproven

But we've solved one problem and created another.. Yes we've been crying out for a winger with pace but now were a creative midfielder and a striker short for it, and we were already short on strikers as it is. Okay Becks only got 10 goals last season, but coming from league one and getting 10 goals in something like 25 appearances (not all starts) in his first season in the best league in the world! is pretty impressive, im not saying he was a great player... but you cant say the lad couldnt score goals.

we lost two mediocre strikers, and we still have potentially four more, we play 4-5-1 so what? in case you have'nt noticed, most of our goals come from midfield anyway. And we are'nt a creative midfielder short, we bought one three seasons ago, we' just have'nt played him in his proper position yet or given him more than 45 mins in a row. try a thing called "youtube" and type in bilyaletdinov. He did'nt just suddenly become shit overnight you know. Players need to be give the role and the time to show what they can really do.

he scored two goals for rangers the season before we bought him and scored 35 goals in four season in his first spell here. please stop embarassing yourself.

Oh...i almost forgot 25 goals in SIX seasons in his second spell. Emile heskey has a better goal to game ratio.

Edited by Blueherts

he scored two goals for rangers the season before we bought him and scored 35 goals in four season in his first spell here. please stop embarassing yourself.

Was highly regarded in Scotland and only came here because of his personal troubles. When we played him right he was fucking scary to defenders, its like you telling me if we launched high balls into Cottee and he loses out that would make him shite as well. Only 1 person embarassing here and he is from herts