IGNORED

Overall thoughts?

Avinalaff

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what im talking about. James beattie, Andy johnson, marcus bent, daniel amokachi, DUNCAN FERGUSON!!!! need me to go on? We've always had unproven strikers BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY.

My logic is perfectly sound thankyou, allowing our most costly player to leave gives the clubs financiers room to say "ok, we'll lend you another xxmillion quid next season"

You have to think of the bigger picture, one season of mediocrity could allow us to balance the books. Do you want a new stadium or not? Robert elstone cant just fart out 250+million quid y'know. we have to be in the position where someone will lend it to us. in order to do this, sacrifices have to and will be made.

What are you going on about?!

We had Yak, Beckford and Saha who were proven premiership goalscorers and we needed strengthening, now we just have Saha if fit. This argentinian is unknown - may turn out ok, maybe even class - he is UNKNOWN.

Allowing Arteta to leave is going to give us X million to spend next season? and you are asking me to look at the bigger picture??? A bit of reading required me thinks...

i think based on his appearance ratio he cant be anything other than mediocre, granted when fit he was exceptional, but unfortunetly we didnt see that enough.

As i have said, when we played him right he was unplayable. Hardly Duncs fault he had Big Undies lumping balls to him from our own pen box most of the time. Doesnt make him mediocre at all, imagine Bainesy whipping balls into him now and his ratio would be completely different. Stats are deceiving

What are you going on about?!

We had Yak, Beckford and Saha who were proven premiership goalscorers and we needed strengthening, now we just have Saha if fit. This argentinian is unknown - may turn out ok, maybe even class - he is UNKNOWN.

Allowing Arteta to leave is going to give us X million to spend next season? and you are asking me to look at the bigger picture??? A bit of reading required me thinks...

Yes that is exactly what i am saying. Albeit maybe not directly next season as we all want as accounts have to be registered etc, etc. Banks lend money on the basis of your credit score. Massively reducing the clubs debt and overheads improves your credit score. I.e, the banks (y'know those people who have us by the short and curlies) may look upon us in a slightly more favourable light. Do you run your own business? Because I do, and this is how my bank, any every other bank in the entire world deal in credit where businessess are concerned.

Our striker situtation has been shit since the eighties. we have gueye and vellios coming through, The new bloke looks a bit like tevez so you never know..... Oh and Vic might hit 30 this sea...nah, your right, sorry i went too far there.

Just read this on SSN (Jamie Redtwats Blog - reviewing the transfer window)

Everton

I do think if they'd sold Mikel Arteta two years ago, Everton fans would have been really concerned. But he's struggled with injury and David Moyes obviously has lots of faith in young Ryan Barclay. Selling Yakubu and Jermaine Beckfordspacer.gif suggests he just didn't fancy them, so a lot will depend on whether Denis Stracqualursi can get goals in the Premier League. I'll be totally honest and say I know nothing about the lad, so we'll have to wait and see how he does.

That man is such a penis its untrue!!

Edited by tenaciousj

To be honest I'm fairly optimistic. Arteta, Beckford, Yakubu & Vaughan mean we've brought in £15-£20m, as well as clearing wages. From a financial perspective a fantastic transfer deadline day.

From a playing point of view we have lost 1 first teamer and 3 squad players. We have brought in 1 first teamer & 1 squad player. In effect our first team is no weaker, but our squad is smaller. Doesn't everyone moan about not giving youth a chance? Well everyone is going to get their way now!

Arteta isn't a massive loss. Baines will be able to take all the corners & free kicks now - may even mean we score more! We have a fast winger now, plus cover in the middle for Arteta.

I remember everyone saying we would never be able to replace Gravesen & then along came an unproven Spaniard.....

We got into Europe with Marcus Bent as our main striker & people are worried now???

Honestly, i think everyone bemoaning our plight should quit their yapping. We've suffered much , much harder times than these and always got through and we will do again. It's always the worst thing about evertonians, the blindness of negativity, so allow me to spell out the positives for you.....

1) We got the left winger and striker we so desperately needed, you know, the ones we spent all last year begging for?

2) Beckford and Yakubu have gone, woopdeedoo. becks was a petulant second division makeweight, who scored ten goals. ten. James beattie scored ten goals too, don't remember anyone calling him the messiah. And as for Yak........well, lets just say his pie count at eawood park will almost certainly outweigh his goal count

3) and finally.........Mikel Arteta. gave us six years of loyal service and won fuck all. he's 29 and we got 10m for him. we also would have paid him 14m in wages in the next four years. So we have just saved the club 24MILLION pounds. Rememeber, it's the books that are screwed at everton, not the team or the manager. 24m goes a very, very long way to adressing that issue. Give the man every ounce of respect he deserves, because he is a true blue legend.

The point is Everton survives. We dont NEED those players to survive, not one of them influenced our season last year, you know, the one when it eventually picked up pace was as good as any of the top six and the one that only lost european action due to a couple of flukey cup runs?

One chapter ends, Another begins. Same as it ever was.

Wish i was that optomistic Herts mate but if we couldnt afford to pay Arteta the 14 million in the first place without putting the club into this position whoever sanctioned the contract needs to be held responsible and thats usually down to the owner stand up Mr Kenwright and explain please.

As I mentioned in the previous thread, I dont think we have been weakened too much, based on what we have seen so far this preseason/season.

Arteta hasnt been a creative force for Everton since the season he returned from injury. I imagine his form will pick up again now he has gone to Arsenal but we havent been getting the most out of him and mildly ironically he has been most creative out on the wing, which is where we have brought in Drenthe. The Dutch lad has lots of pace and skill, and providing he can deal with the Prem (which his style & recent countrymen moving over here suggests he will). Yes I would have preffered to see someone else come in, but I wouldnt have a clue who that would be if I am honest. This now gives a chance to Rodwell and Barclay to step up. Rodwell actually looked quite commanding today in the U21 game, playing as a deep midfielder and he looked 10x more confident than he does for Everton. Im not saying he was brilliant but he did more than a decent job for England.

Yakubu clearly isnt in Moyes' plans, which imo is a shame, but its a massive chunk off the wage bill (read that how you will tongue.png ) and while Beckford was good alongside a striker, and a decent player to bring off the bench if we are chasing a goal, I dont think he has the strength or touch to be good enough in this league, in our team, as a lone front man. We got a decent fee, slightly less than I would have wanted, but I think thats good business (off the pitch more than on it). However, it is going to be a bad move if this new lad isnt good enough, as neither is Vic. Which leaves us with Saha (could literally get injured & retire tomorrow) and Vellios who seems decent but hasnt got enough Premier League experience. I expect we will be seeing a lot more or Fellaini & Cahill up front together this season, which worries me quite a lot.

Overall I dont think we are a weaker side on paper than we were. In fact, if Drenthe hits the ground running then IMO we have a stronger starting 11 than we did about 48 hours ago, in terms of balance and attacking mentality. The problems will occur, when players start getting injured and how we deal with that will probably define how well we do this season. The other worry for me, is what happens this time next year when these 2 go back, as we will have effectively lost 5 players and not brought anyone else in.

Blueherts.. very much agree.. Stop with this Sven reject shit, Sven the guy who buggered England then Ulrika, Sven who signed a contract with blackburn then failed to turn up. Sven who can only manage to get a job in the championship.. Leicester? jesus!! get a grip!!

Man City with their cash, think we beat them twice?.. Suprised we don't all drown at Goodison with all the crying... Stoke will implode, they can't sustain the investment, like kids in a sweetshop. Spurs?mmm. Harry never follows thru.. We have good defenders, midfielders and an unknown striker who will scare defenders to death for a season, which is all he's here for anyway, not to mention natural width and mobility on both flanks.. Play Bily like the Ivans do and we'll see a difference.. I don't particularly like Moyes' tactics or style of play. BUT he's a genuine football manager not a shopaholic..

Yakubu hasn't even gone anywhere. So we have him Saha and this argentinian

Although I couldnt actually find an article on the official site to prove it, his shirt number is no longer listed on the profiles yet the 2 new lads & Yobo's are. So I think you will find that he had indeed joined Blackburn.

just read this on the echo site http://www.liverpool...00252-29349061/

didnt know where else to put it, didnt warrant a new thread.

Dave Prentice might not find himself so welcome at Finch Farm now.

Too much propaganda being spun about Everton at the moment.

Most fans are more educated and aware than the media give us credit for.

Lads, your there i'm not. Most of you, Hafnia, Avinalaff, Marcopolo et al are all of sound mind, intelligent and post quality comments... what is Prentice about? is there any press article from him which isn't written by the club?... Where has the cash or the ability to raise any disapeared to? I mean, there is no income left, none, but Kenwright is putting shows on up and down the country?... I'm get the feeling now pitch matters are becoming secondary to survival matters, is this true?.. Too many anonymous members (pax) for one are too quick to jump down Haffs throat when he has raised legitimate concerns...Very confused...Don't these people understand that EFC is an intrisic part of our lives, a member of the family, I'm 4th generation blue. My grandad was at the '33 final etc, most of you can say the same i'm sure, been there, seen it, done it all in royal blue... Some proper investigative journalism is whats required, not a local hack who couldn't make it on a national trying to placate fans who clearly know better than himself.. This has been posted in the wrong area probably, for that sorry..

As said previously, I think player wise, maybe not dynamic but still believe we're competitive. I know Denis is unknown and Drenthe gets mentally irregular, but we know what the other lads offer. On the whole, the lack of expectation may help relieve some pressure. Past few years 7th/8th has been seen in some quarters as failure and the playing style has reflected that, knocked confidence and play has lacked belief. If they're not expected to perform they might just show us something?.. The reverse logic theory. Dunno..

Down here all everyone talked about was Cardiff being promoted, some of us said no because of expectation being too great but Swansea? we thought had a good chance as no one gave a crap about them.

Love the forum lads, nice one.

Enjoyed some serious diverse interaction today, it just so happens the new pax didnt think he was George Soros.

He may not show his face on this forum again, but one thing he did seem to represent sadly was the odd fan on the street with Internet access, with the time to spend it. Was he a red, was he Ross, or just another idiot? Or maybe another pained season ticket holder.

Not having a go at anyone here but seriously an individual that accepts what this club is going through must be sleeping while sad gits type this at 3pm in the morning.

what do I do, put a price on every squad member we have left, including none debutants, the answer a generous £138m.

There, apart from any fixed assets we had, which are now all gone, that's our gross worth including securitising future ticket sales.

Was gonna put it as a new thread, couldn't do it.

Edited by Hafnia

Enjoyed some serious diverse interaction today, it just so happens the new pax didnt think he was George Soros.

He may not show his face on this forum again, but one thing he did seem to represent sadly was the odd fan on the street with Internet access, with the time to spend it. Was he a red, was he Ross, or just another idiot? Or maybe another pained season ticket holder.

Not having a go at anyone here but seriously an individual that accepts what this club is going through must be sleeping while sad gits type this at 3pm in the morning.

what do I do, put a price on every squad member we have left, including none debutants, the answer a generous £138m.

There, apart from any fixed assets we had, which are now all gone, that's our gross worth including securitising future ticket sales.

Sounds like that could be a new bob dylan lyric.

£138m seems very low for the whole squad. If Fellaini was at Madrid already his buy-out clause would be more than that just to keep city away. Not that it matters anyway, the debt and wage bill have been reduced, and more revenue is being brought in so the banks shouldn't come calling again soon. We've only lost one player, it could have been much worse eg. Leeds. Time to forgot the financial side of football till next season or at least Jan and just focus on the footy afro2.gif

Sounds like that could be a new bob dylan lyric.

£138m seems very low for the whole squad. If Fellaini was at Madrid already his buy-out clause would be more than that just to keep city away. Not that it matters anyway, the debt and wage bill have been reduced, and more revenue is being brought in so the banks shouldn't come calling again soon. We've only lost one player, it could have been much worse eg. Leeds. Time to forgot the financial side of football till next season or at least Jan and just focus on the footy afro2.gif

£138? Pushing it big time, included giving felli and baines £50m, rodwell £14m, Barkley £20m!!!

Fancy having a go yourself?

Hafnia, I don't mean to challenge you in any way, but you seem to judge folk who don't agree with you rather than accept that lots of fans see things in different ways. Many things have been said on this forum over the last few days, and much of it you can guarantee will be down to the frustration of the situation at Everton. People react in different ways. I've never understood this 'rank' mentality between fans that suggests to be a fan, you must fit the correct profile, or feel a certain way, or attend an amount of matches. For me, you enjoy following Everton or you don't. We're all under one roof, and if the roof leaks a little, certain fans will feel the initial drops, but eventually we all get wet. What is important for me is that the roof keeps most of us dry, most of the time, as opposed to caving in. As long as the board have one eye on the pitch, and one eye on the roof, we'll be ok.