IGNORED

Mikel Arteta transfer reactions

MikeO

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to think about that being true, it seems plausible given our situation.

I thought Phil McNulty tweeted that Arteta had put in a request? Also Moyes stated on the official site regarding Arteta's desire for CL etc, but know knows?

I'm a bit gutted either way because I don't have confidence that the financial situation will change over the course of the year... who will be sold in January and will it push Moyes over the edge a la MON?

at least that leaves BAINES to take the free kicks and penalties as he rightfully should. Much better than Arteta at those duties.

I know what you're saying I still hoped and prayed every time he took a free kick that he'd produce something special like this...

Love the shot of the balls change of direction at about 0:56.

I don't want to think about that being true, it seems plausible given our situation.

I thought Phil McNulty tweeted that Arteta had put in a request? Also Moyes stated on the

official site regarding Arteta's desire for CL etc,

but know knows?

I'm a bit gutted either way because I don't have

confidence that the financial situation will change over the course of the year... who will be sold in January and will it push Moyes over the edge a la MON?

Apparently Arteta agreed to say he wanted to leave.

Obviously it's just a rumour but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were true.

ur a fuckin retard. nothing worse than a bitter idiot who talks shit just so he can say something. arteta, good luck mate. hope u win alot and finaly get the caps u deserve

Yeh i hope Arsenal beat Everton. I hope we get the relegation spot. Is that what you want?

Arteta is taking a pay cut to play for another club.If you love Everton, more money here should be enough to make you stay. He must have hated the place.

4 year deal is brave from the gooners. 33 by then and his recent form isnt exactly breathtaking. A good deal for us I think even though it might not seem it at the moment.

Thanks for the good times Mikky, at your best you were awesome, when average you were better than most and most importantly you wanted to be here and play for us and gave us the best years of your career, let Arsenal have the autumn of your playing career, we got the summer and at times damn good it was.

All the best

Lets get one thing straight here, we sold a striker who knows where the net is for £1.5m to get him off the pay roll when we sold another for £3m leaving us with just Saha who is never fit, an Argie free gamble and vic.

And we are to believe that arteta was sold just because he asked to go?! He was on a well paid 4 year remaining deal. Do you think fabregas was sold by wenger with no back fill in mind? Arteta is the only midfielder they bid for. It was a done deal, the club are a disgrace, at least come out and say he was sold because of money!!! Ffs, they wouldn't know the truth if they were standing at the near post and it hit them in the face.

A 29 year old with 4 years remaining has effectively signed the rest of his career to the club - we were under no obligation to sell.

We sold him because we wanted the £10m for him. Simple as that.

Did Modric get sold? No - why? Because even £40m didn't sway spurs to sell - they didn't want to.

I can only say that the deal probably suited both parties, Arteta knows he has not been at his best and a change is as good as a rest, so good luck to him, hes given me plenty to cheer over the last few seasons,

One of the more intelligent footballers we've had

everton couldnt afford to keep him when £10m is on the table.

it suits both parties, we get to give the bank £10m, Mikel gets to play CL.

doesnt stop me being gutted, but head has to rule heart.

I can only say that the deal probably suited both parties, Arteta knows he has not been at his best and a change is as good as a rest, so good luck to him, hes given me plenty to cheer over the last few seasons,

One of the more intelligent footballers we've had

Agreed. I don't beleive it was a 'forced' sale, although the figure for the player in question was too good to turn down.

Great addition to the Everton Legacy and will be remembered for years to come.

Good luck on the bench Mikkel. And enjoy the pay cut. You got lucky a lot of the time. Not hard to score a penalty. Remember last year when you went missing for long periods at the start of the season and the season before. Good riddance.

you are a retard.

All the best Mikel. 3.5m a year of the wage bill, 10m to the debts for a player who has done very little in 2 years is good business. Not that sad to see him go to be honest, he deserves his chance at CL football and credit to him for taking a reported 20k pw cut - 1m+ a year he has given up to play at the highest level.

Only concern is lack of depth now, more so than usual.

Hi guys,

I'm an Arsenal fan, and I'm not here to rub salt in the wounds or to say anything disrepectful towards you or your club. I am merely here to say that I do feel your pain. We have lost a number of players over the last few years, and none hurt as much as Fabregas or Thierry Henry. The same hurt I can only assume you are feeling now with Artetas departure. I hope you still hold Arteta in the same high regard in a few years time that you do now, like we do with Henry, and no doubt will do with Fabregas. Arteta has done you proud, and I hope he will continue to do so despite him now being an Arsenal player. I have a lot of respect for David Moyse, I think he has done fantastically well with very tight purse strings and I consider you to be one of the better Premier League clubs, and a club that I hope remains in the Premier League for years to come.

Despite Artetas departure, I do believe you still have a good and strong team. You have a mixture of good young players and older experienced players. A very good formula to still keep you out of any danger come the end of the season. You have a great set of supporters and a very good manager to help you to achieve this.

The very best of luck to you all.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi guys,

I'm an Arsenal fan, and I'm not here to rub salt in the wounds or to say anything disrepectful towards you or your club. I am merely here to say that I do feel your pain. We have lost a number of players over the last few years, and none hurt as much as Fabregas or Thierry Henry. The same hurt I can only assume you are feeling now with Artetas departure. I hope you still hold Arteta in the same high regard in a few years time that you do now, like we do with Henry, and no doubt will do with Fabregas. Arteta has done you proud, and I hope he will continue to do so despite him now being an Arsenal player. I have a lot of respect for David Moyse, I think he has done fantastically well with very tight purse strings and I consider you to be one of the better Premier League clubs, and a club that I hope remains in the Premier League for years to come.

Despite Artetas departure, I do believe you still have a good and strong team. You have a mixture of good young players and older experienced players. A very good formula to still keep you out of any danger come the end of the season. You have a great set of supporters and a very good manager to help you to achieve this.

Thanks,

Steve

Cheers mate, you have got yourselves a very good player who in my opinion will replace Fab with ease. Gutted to see him go but dont blame him at all

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Steve

kind words about moyes...very nice of you..seein as you've been so nice i won't say what i think about your gaffer..all the best dude

To the Arsenal fans:

I think he's a good replacement for fab/nasri due to the fact that he has years of Premiership experience already and likes to play in your classic Spanish style that Wenger likes to play.

HOWEVER - Maybe a new team will help or Wenger will work with him but one of the major frustrations for Everton fans of late has been that Mikel seems reluctant to push forward and make the killer ball. Frequently he was named "crab man" for his keenness to play sideways passes to the wing rather than look to get forward. He does have it in him to be a more aggresive attacking player but will need a bit of a shove.

--

My opinion, sad to see him leave but it's a necessary evil unfortunately. We now have 2 resonable home games (plus league cup home) for the 2 new lads to get involved and the rest of the team to get playing and prove themselves without him. Then we have a run of real toughies starting away to Man City. We really need to get 6pts and show some improved performances in those 2 games if we're to get through October in a resonable state.

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks man, much appreciated. Still sore over Wengers pursuit of Jagielka, thought he was being very disrespectful. Still, hope Mikel gets back to his best for himself and for you. Just keep the Shite out of the top 4 please!!!