IGNORED

Mikel Arteta transfer reactions

MikeO

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we're ahead of them in the league if we wave on our way past we'll be going the wrong waydont%20know.gif .

Luckily, I always have a back up plan, for cases of forum emergency, and need to point out to you all that in order to travel to Europe without a very large fuel bill, we must pass through the south, and obviously it was then, that we shall wave.

Phew ... glad to have put you all straight on this. biggrin.png

I agree what Mikel said in here : http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/09/01/arteta-the-right-time

Have also lot of excellent memories from him, definitely one of my all time heroes in blue shirt, bit gutted hes gone, still wish him all good rest of his career

I know what you're saying I still hoped and prayed every time he took a free kick that he'd produce something special like this...

Love the shot of the balls change of direction at about 0:56.

Lovely freekick, but after that he prolly tried to do something like this, never happened ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGGYsXT32Xs&NR=1

To the Arsenal fans:

I think he's a good replacement for fab/nasri due to the fact that he has years of Premiership experience already and likes to play in your classic Spanish style that Wenger likes to play.

HOWEVER - Maybe a new team will help or Wenger will work with him but one of the major frustrations for Everton fans of late has been that Mikel seems reluctant to push forward and make the killer ball. Frequently he was named "crab man" for his keenness to play sideways passes to the wing rather than look to get forward. He does have it in him to be a more aggresive attacking player but will need a bit of a shove.

--

My opinion, sad to see him leave but it's a necessary evil unfortunately. We now have 2 resonable home games (plus league cup home) for the 2 new lads to get involved and the rest of the team to get playing and prove themselves without him. Then we have a run of real toughies starting away to Man City. We really need to get 6pts and show some improved performances in those 2 games if we're to get through October in a resonable state.

I shouldnt worry too much about that crap if I was an Arsenal fan. The reason he was always going sideways was that he would take the ball off the back four and look up only to see 7 or 8 static players around him with absolutely no movement from our forwards so he had no other options open to him other than to pass it sideways.

You have signed an excellent player who will excel in your side. The pass and move mentality at Arsenal will suit him down to the ground

I will certainly applaud him when he comes back and I wish him all the best

However tongue.png

Follow follow follow

Everton are the team to follow

Ross Barkley's much better than Mikel Arteta

Hes the best little scouser we know !!!

Thanks for that Haf.

It seems many bigger name journos are paying alot of attention to Everton at the moment, seem to have a little bit of researched knowledge as opposed to the usual "Tim Cahill is their most important player, they need to keep Rodwell who will captain Man United in 2 years under the new Man United legend David Moyes"

Im sad to see Arteta go, I have him on the back of my shirt after all, but I understand the move for all involved.

I think the club will be fine. It reminds me of when Tommy Gravesen left for Madrid. He was great, set up a lot of chances and was a real driving force, but we done grand without him.

Edited by Mullers

everton couldnt afford to keep him when £10m is on the table.

it suits both parties, we get to give the bank £10m, Mikel gets to play CL.

doesnt stop me being gutted, but head has to rule heart.

Very true, everyones looking for conspiracy theories and blameing this and that, I'll miss arteta, but I really think weve had the best of him and I trust Moyes to find the next Arteta (with a bit of luck)

That guy is an idiot. Claims we should be playing Barkley on the left and Drenthe on the right. He also claimed last season was Coleman was as good as Bale, the lad is clearly on meths

Drenthe played on the left in most of the vids I've seen. Not sure why we would want Barkley on the wing at all though.

I don't think Bale is as consistent as folk make out, but then again, Coleman strikes me as being a player who's main talent is kick it and run after it.

My dog does this very well too, only probably loses possession less.