IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

marcopaulo

What do you reckon will be the team to start then? I fear this...

Howard

Hibbert - Jags - Heitinga - Distin

Neville Fellaini

Barkley - Osman - Drenthe

Cahill

I would prefer this:

Howard

Neville - Jags - Heitinga - Distin

Fellaini

Barkley - Osman - Bily - Drenthe

Straq/Cahill

Edited by tenaciousj

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're assuming Baines won't be fit? Has this been confirmed somewhere?

He's not missed a game for like 2 years, my guess is he'll be playing.

Although I'm not anymore in the know than any of you! No official word, just the reports he was sent home from International duty.

I watched Bily when he came on for Russia against Republic of Ireland and he looked just as useless for them.

However he did get into some great positions and on another day could have scored a couple of goals and got a couple of assists. His general touch, use of ball and tactical awareness were awful, I really am clueless as of what to make of him. Sometimes he can do great things, then in the next minute he will make a school boy error. Its such a shame, as behind the lack of effort, confidence and dopey expression is actually a very good footballer. Unfortunately I dont think we will ever see enough of that.

he needs a run of games in the centre and if he grabs a few goals then who knows? might as well utilise that great shot whilst we have it cos cahill to me and many others now is an impact sub..problem is the issue with bily's work rate..he'd really need to step that up to be in that position..i wouldn't wanna see us get rid before he gets a proper shot there if i'm honest..he can be a match winner i'm convinced of it

Sorry to disappoint you Lads but Bent, Given and Dunne are all going to be available for this game so we will be at full strength, and i think we could take all 3 points from this game! Gabby's on fire on the left and our defence looks back to its best so beware!

Having said that Tim Cahill is a major worry for me, a quality player who can change a game and he has punished us before,

anyhow good luck guys (cant really say that with much conviction lol) and we will see on Saturday!

Sorry to disappoint you Lads but Bent, Given and Dunne are all going to be available for this game so we will be at full strength, and i think we could take all 3 points from this game! Gabby's on fire on the left and our defence looks back to its best so beware!

Having said that Tim Cahill is a major worry for me, a quality player who can change a game and he has punished us before,

anyhow good luck guys (cant really say that with much conviction lol) and we will see on Saturday!

Yeah you'll beat us!

COmpletely disagree with the highlighted sentance. Apart from Match of the Day, Timmy has no other highlights....

I watched Bily when he came on for Russia against Republic of Ireland and he looked just as useless for them.

However he did get into some great positions and on another day could have scored a couple of goals and got a couple of assists. His general touch, use of ball and tactical awareness were awful, I really am clueless as of what to make of him. Sometimes he can do great things, then in the next minute he will make a school boy error. Its such a shame, as behind the lack of effort, confidence and dopey expression is actually a very good footballer. Unfortunately I dont think we will ever see enough of that.

Im quite sure that given the run Bily might have a really good season. Osman style. But he needs to feel involved and that he is first choice behind the striker given he is on form on the day. Id like to see him on the pitch instead of Cahill.

he needs a run of games in the centre and if he grabs a few goals then who knows? might as well utilise that great shot whilst we have it cos cahill to me and many others now is an impact sub..problem is the issue with bily's work rate..he'd really need to step that up to be in that position..i wouldn't wanna see us get rid before he gets a proper shot there if i'm honest..he can be a match winner i'm convinced of it

Sorry, Marco, just read this. Im in total agreement.

+1

His general touch, use of ball and tactical awareness were awful

He'll fit in nicely with the rest of the team, then.

Cahill offers nothing now (sadly). The sensible thing would be to give Bily a go there. But Moyes and sense rarely see eye to eye.

Edited by formby

Well there is some good news then, he is probably our likeliest source of a goal!

1-0 Everton Dunne og

Moyes has said he expects Cahill to start upfront. I hope he is bluffing, but if he isnt then we really are going to struggle. Villa have a big strong defence, which will nullify any threat he can cause, although as always, Timmy will have a bloody good go!

A bit dissapointed that he wont use the new lad, judging purely on Moyes pre-match comments, I dont think he is going to be up to much so I wouldnt hold your breath.

My optimism is begining to fade on this one.