IGNORED

Protest prior to Aston Villa game

FairWooney

Don't slap me down because it's Blue Union related please!

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-news/blue-union-statement-protest-details/

Are any of you joining this protest, and if you are or aren't what are your thoughts?

I don't really see Bill bringing in a group of professionals to sell the club as per the request from the protest.

I'm not sure how much of a media impact it will have and how that impact would benefit so far as encouraging any change really.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id be fuming if we lost and Moyes and co, come out and blame it on a bunch of pissed up scallys with a few leaflets

I can hear Phil Neville now, "I really tried to pass to a team mate 5 yards away, but those naughty boys and girls who marched outside before the game made me slice the ball out for a throw in."

In the ground the fans will be 100% as always behind the team - this protest is happening outside the ground not in it. The protest is against the board, not the team. Anyone who takes frustrations out on the team is way out of order.

I really do not see how concerns surrounding the board affect the players - two entirely different entities.

If the players are affected by politics involving the running of the club then they shouldn't be, which is why I found the whole Phil Neville Football Focus spin annoying. The negativity he referred to around the club is that which is in the public eye - and that is what the club doesn't feel comfortable with - and they react in a predictable manner. They wheel out high profile players to make the predicatble "all is well, we have spirit nonsense". Spirit is great on the pitch, but it doesn't stop barclays calling in some debt leading to a paper thin squad.

The club have been aware for some time that there has been growing unrest among fans, what have they done? Banned AGM's, provided account summaries with more spin than a shane warne delivery (which astute fans sliced and diced and told the real picture - which is what we are seeing now). Banned local journalists, ejected people from the ground for having banners etc.

No one can argue that the fans do not have a right to protest, the blue union do not say they speak for all fans, they are speaking for their members, and there are clearly enough to make an impact now.

it wont, if you read their fb page it sounds as though they will be surrounded by police anyway, so the chances of anything happening are remote, BK will have slipped a few backstage passes for the next installment of Joseph to the local Police Chief, so as to make sure they get their 5 mins on the tv, then get pushed down the road as far away from the ground as possible

and yeah Romey, i can see it now, Nev saying, Royston could not hear me shout for the pass because of all the noise outside, thats why when i kicked it, it went to Darren Bent :(

im not sure they are two completely different entities haf..maybe in the supporting stance they are but if my higher ups were gettin all this grief or got the company into shit whatever you wanna believe then i'd have 1 eye on it..i can't see how it can't affect the players sometimes..they should be able to stick it to back of their minds for 90 mins sure but easily said from the sidelines or home isn't it

From the peoples group Facebook page

We want to stress, we want to take the passion of the protest, and take it into the ground and build up a goodison atmosphere to be proud of, get right behind the team. Rather than people saying it could negatively influence the players, lets us it as a positive. We are 100% behind the players, and we urge a fantastic atmosphere inside the ground come 3pm. SUPPORT THE TEAM, OPPOSE STAGNATION! COYB

Edited by codders78

What are they hoping for. A billionaire to see the protest on itv news and be all sorry for Everton for being responsible and paying the debt they owe. Shock horror i know, the banks want their money back who'd of thought? Apart from unrest this protest will achieve fuck all apart, definitely nothing proactive, maybe a little more annoyance to what Neville would call the 'proper' fans and some litter out side the ground.

Like moaning that yer mate got money from the tooth fairy, jus be happy you've still got yer teeth. Moaning cunts the lot of them. We have no money to spend. How the feck is a protest gonna change it?

Edited by pete0

What are they hoping for. A billionaire to see the protest on itv news and be all sorry for Everton for being responsible and paying the debt they owe. Shock horror i know, the banks want their money back who'd of thought? Apart from unrest this protest will achieve fuck all apart, definitely nothing proactive, maybe a little more annoyance to what Neville would call the 'proper' fans and some litter out side the ground.

Like moaning that yer mate got money from the tooth fairy, jus be happy you've still got yer teeth. Moaning cunts the lot of them. We have no money to spend. How the feck is a protest gonna change it?

yay.gif

You know when people take to the streets to voice concerns over something and highlight that they aren't happy, it's not because they can do a better job, they are doing it because they want someone in who can do that. Simple really.

Maybe they should just go inside, and take photos of baines, fellaini, Barkley, jags etc before they are sold off to ease the debt that the current owners have no other means of eradicating.

Or they can further highlight to the other fans, media and anyone else that the existing business model under the current board has caused unrest. With each damning article, sale of players, zero spend etc our boards position is becoming more and more untenable. We need a Martin broughton to sell our club, not bill kenwright. He's had a go, now he's got to go.

Mate, no one actually thinks that a protest is going to directly entice a Billionaire on board, nor will it force the hand of our board. However, these are all components of the bigger picture. This will be reported in the Media and in turn again highlight that we want and need change. The more things like this that happen, I believe that more restless those at the higher ranks will become (snow ball effect).

But the t-shirt is utter dog shit...

30704523326530672610320.jpg

From NSNO

Bill Kenwright should resign immediately as Chairman of Everton Football Club, says Richard Knights.

Let’s start by stating that this article is written more in sorrow than in anger. In 2009 he was rightly inducted into Everton’s Hall of Fame. In a vote by fans he was third in the poll behind Duncan Ferguson and David Unsworth. We haven’t forgotten that in 2000, almost single-handedly, Bill Kenwright rescued the club when he bought out Peter Johnson. Who can forget those dog days? The sacking of Joe Royle, the endless flirting with relegation, disastrous signings, the best players leaving and the club reduced to the laughing stock of the Premiership. No wonder the Kopites unfurled that infamous banner, ’Agent Johnson – Mission Accomplished’. Bill Kenwright mortgaged every possession and still had to rely on investment from his ‘friend’ Paul Gregg – remember him?

The best decision he ever made was to appoint David Moyes as manager, then to support him through thick and thin, and unlike certain Russian billionaires, allow him to actually manage the team. In the last five seasons we’ve finished in the top eight, the squad patiently built as players have been developed and nurtured. With limited funds Moyes has achieved miracles. Every season our prospects have looked brighter.

Other successes have included the club’s anti-racism campaigns the community initiatives, the women’s team and support for the Former Players’ Foundation. Over the last ten years a sense of stability if not pride has been reinstated.

Even where it’s gone wrong the situation has been beyond the club’s control, the failure to build a new stadium on King’s Dock in 2003 was solely down to lack of funds. Bill Kenwright is a millionaire not a billionaire and other than the discovery of oil in Drury Lane that’s unlikely to change.

So where did it all start to go wrong? For me it was 2007 when ’Destination Kirkby’ was announced. The fact was that a large minority of fans weren’t just opposed but appalled. The subsequent public inquiry revealed that even co-sponsors Tesco described the proposed new stadium as ‘modest’.

Just who is running the club? In 2006 Robert Earl (former CEO of Hard Rock Cafe, owner of the Planet Hollywood chain) bought Paul Gregg’s shares, apart from getting Sylvester ‘Rocky’ Stallone to appear at Goodison, his involvement with the club has been limited to say the least. Does he ever attend matches? Other board members include the anonymous Jon Woods and Sir Philip Carter who also never makes any public statements.

At an early stage in his career Bill Kenwright appeared in Coronation Street, the search for new investment and/or the sale of Everton has resembled a long running soap opera or history repeated entirely as farce. In 2004 Fortress Sports Fund were punted as new investors and then mysteriously disappeared from the scene. In recent years financier Keith Harris (no re-cycled jokes or clichés about Orville) was appointed to ‘find a buyer’. So how do we reach the situation where a Far Eastern ‘hedge fund manager’ is identified as a potential buyer, only to be revealed as a con-artist living in a one-bedroomed flat in Manchester? It just reeks of desperation, incompetence or both.

For years fans have been placated with the promise that sales of players would be re-invested in the purchase of new players. Recently the excuse was that ’85% of available funds’ was being directed towards the training ground at Finch Farm. One thing the infamous Blue Union – Bill Kenwright meeting did was to expose the brutal truth that every penny from transfers and the sale of Bellefield is being directed to pay off the interest charges. Why have the banks lost confidence in the club? What do they know that we don’t?

The danger is that Everton will be reduced to a fire sale of players to appease the banks, with Fellaini, Jagielka and Baines the first to go. With our best players leaving we will then lose our most valuable asset – David Moyes.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Blue Union meeting with Kenwright it must qualify as public relations catastrophe, it makes for painful reading. Despite the claims of breaches of confidentiality and threats of legal action, the accuracy of the transcript has not been denied. A chief executive can sack half the workforce, cut pay, reduce moral to zero and still remain in charge. In the long run you cannot run a football club without the support of the fans.

The Shareholders’ Association has also been treated with contempt, AGMs have been abandoned and replaced with ‘Forums’. In 2009 in response to persistent enquiries about the club’s finances, Bill Kenwright responded with, ‘I’m not answering your question… I’m bored with your question… you’re not getting an answer to the question.’

In the last week the final straw for many fans, like me, who continued to give Bill Kenwright the benefit of the doubt was the last-minute departure of Mikel Arteta. Despite poor form and injuries over the last two seasons he was without doubt our talisman, a player who could turn games and someone who was, apparently, committed to the club. We didn’t even have the consolation of a Lescott Mark II, ‘he’s just a greedy beggar’, Arteta was so desperate to leave a club bereft of ambition, that he took a £500,000 a year pay cut.

The club and Bill Kenwright seem to have retreated into the bunker of denial, any criticism of the ‘Dear Leader’ is the work of a tiny handful of ‘malcontents’, ‘renegades’ and ‘traitors’. Sorry, this is Everton not North Korea, we pay our money we have the right to criticise.

For the good of the club Bill Kenwright should resign while he is still in credit and with his credibility intact. The alternative is a long, debilitating battle with the fans, as with nuclear war the only outcome is mutually assured destruction and our children will inherit the desert.

We need an interim board appointed, with fans represented on it, that will have as its main agenda the sale of the club and new investment.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/09/kenwright-must-go/#ixzz1XGk2A6we

I can understand people who are against the protest because they think Bill & Co are doing a great job and everything is fine. They're wrong & they've got their heads in the sand but I can understand them.

I cannot understand anyone who knows that there are problems at the club that need to be sorted but is against the protest because they don't think a billionaire will buy us or the board will resign immediately after the protest.

If you know something is wrong, at least try. If it doesn't work, try again or try something else

I can understand people who are against the protest because they think Bill & Co are doing a great job and everything is fine. They're wrong & they've got their heads in the sand but I can understand them.

I cannot understand anyone who knows that there are problems at the club that need to be sorted but is against the protest because they don't think a billionaire will buy us or the board will resign immediately after the protest.

If you know something is wrong, at least try. If it doesn't work, try again or try something else

huh.png So i'm wrong? In what way am I wrong because i don't support the protests?

statements like that make people think the anti-bill brigade are morons

Which amounts to roughly no-one I'd have thought.

There's a difference between thinking the board are doing a good job and thinking that they're doing the best that they can.

Nope, seen someone on Kipper saying he thinks the board need to go but he wants people to say no to the protest. Then again, they are a strange bunch over there.

Best they can? They put us into the mess we're in, Mike, they're doing shit.