IGNORED

Protest prior to Aston Villa game

FairWooney

Mixed bunch of fans who aren't really sure what they are protesting about.

They manage to get good PR from the press but i feel the protest will be a very damp squib.(partially due to the toirrential rain forecast)

Have you seen the t-shirts

Edited by milky71

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read it again and this stuck out for me:

The aim of The Blue Union is simple, it’s not to get Bill Kenwright out, it’s certainly not some mindless attempt to sack the board; its aim is to promote the concept of allowing the CEO to be left to concentrate on reducing costs, developing our revenue streams and repairing the relationship with the fanbase

From what ive seen so far this hasnt been close to what the BU have been up to. If thats their official stance then fair enough, but then they need to learn how to communicate this more effectively.

edit: from original article

Edited by Matt

The need is to get the club sold which isn't going to happen unless the shareholders take a loss on their equity. Martin Broughton was only able to sell Liverpool because he sold it for the price of the debt with the owners making huge losses. Our current owners know this which is why they can't find a buyer.

We might as well be honest about it as well. A campaign to force a sale is a campaign against the owners. Kenwright knows it.

Edit: my opinion, not a criticism of the BU but not their stance

Edited by MTK

Has this new philosophy come about because they need more supporters?

Correct me if im wrong, were the banners that got escourted from the grounds, which were erected on behalf of the BU, saying 'Kenwrong out' etc?

I'm confused. because originally you lot wanted him out. Realising that people like him but realise he's made one to many fuck ups, you lot now want to just get a buyer?

I think like matt said, the BU need to come out once and for all and state EXACTLY what their intentions are!

The need is to get the club sold which isn't going to happen unless the shareholders take a loss on their equity. Martin Broughton was only able to sell Liverpool because he sold it for the price of the debt with the owners making huge losses. Our current owners know this which is why they can't find a buyer.

We might as well be honest about it as well. A campaign to force a sale is a campaign against the owners. Kenwright knows it.

Edit: my opinion, not a criticism of the BU but not their stance

Liverpool sale was a joke, if that was any other club/business that forced sale would never of happened. Just another example of the rules of the world not applying to the shite. Wouldn't be surprised if Hicks and Gillett get more money back eventually, they were robbed

Edited by pete0

Liverpool sale was a joke, if that was any other club/business that forced sale would never of happened. Just another example of the rules of the world not applying to the shite. Wouldn't be surprised if Hicks and Gillett get more money back eventually, they were robbed

No, if you take a loan out & use an asset as collateral, then fail to pay back the loan, the lenders can seize the asset & sell it to get their money back. If there happens to be a bit left over then great, but if not, then tough shit on the people who took out the loan. This is normal, if you don't believe me, try not paying your mortgage for a few months.

It may also be the only way we are sold & get out of the spiral of debt we're in so I wouldn't dismiss it

No, if you take a loan out & use an asset as collateral, then fail to pay back the loan, the lenders can seize the asset & sell it to get their money back. If there happens to be a bit left over then great, but if not, then tough shit on the people who took out the loan. This is normal, if you don't believe me, try not paying your mortgage for a few months.

It may also be the only way we are sold & get out of the spiral of debt we're in so I wouldn't dismiss it

This and a half

The owners had the money thou, and would have payed out of their own pockets eventually, and once they were prepared to, it was illegally sold.

Seems unlikely that they would have allowed themselves to lose close to £200m if they had the money all along, or that the courts would have forced the sale. I wouldn't believe those owners, they made our board look like geniuses.

Anyway, what goes on with them is not our concern. My point was that we may need the creditors to step in to get the club sold

Seems unlikely that they would have allowed themselves to lose close to £200m if they had the money all along, or that the courts would have forced the sale. I wouldn't believe those owners, they made our board look like geniuses.

Anyway, what goes on with them is not our concern. My point was that we may need the creditors to step in to get the club sold

Well you used Liverpool and it was a bad example, everyone knows they have different rules from the rest of the world. The previous owners are very wealthy and could afford to use their own money, they seeked further funding before willing to dig into their own pockets which is fare enough. So it's highly doubtful they would have allowed themselves to lose close to £200m, hence why they are now trying to get compensation.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/09/08/stability-is-key-says-gray

Roll our Mr Gray...

In the week that the Toffees take on Aston Villa - another of Gray's former clubs - a small group of fans has called for an interim board to be put in place at Goodison Park to oversee the sale of the Club.

But the prospect of such a move staggers Gray, who insists the best interests of the Club he represented so notably during Howard Kendall's glorious reign in the mid 80s are served by trusting the leadership of the manager and Chairman.

He told evertonfc.com: "I don't think that will get Everton anywhere. I think the Chairman is doing everything he can. He is quoted many times as saying he is desperate to sell.

"Bill has always been open and honest with Everton fans because he is one himself. Make no mistake, he has been out there actively trying to get money into the club. I don't see what the benefits would be of an interim board, that would just cause unrest, and maybe upset David.

Well well well, Neville, Elstone, ESPN mystery guest and now Andy Gray.

Interesting footnote:

Andy Gray hosts a weekday talksport show between 10am and 1pm

Earned your crust today Mr Ross... interesting to hear him make such comments elsewhere...

Well you used Liverpool and it was a bad example, everyone knows they have different rules from the rest of the world. The previous owners are very wealthy and could afford to use their own money, they seeked further funding before willing to dig into their own pockets which is fare enough. So it's highly doubtful they would have allowed themselves to lose close to £200m, hence why they are now trying to get compensation.

I hate it when we get called bitter but when we suspend common sense, ignore reality & believe any daft conspiracy theory just to have a go at them.....

Its one of the worst things a true football fan has to do, and believe me i know...i attended the demonstration at Villa Park to protest at the appointment of McLeish, and others against Doug Ellis when he was at the Club. and everytime i came away feeling like shit at protesting against the Club i love!!

You have to admit its gonna hurt!

Its one of the worst things a true football fan has to do, and believe me i know...i attended the demonstration at Villa Park to protest at the appointment of McLeish, and others against Doug Ellis when he was at the Club. and everytime i came away feeling like shit at protesting against the Club i love!!

You have to admit its gonna hurt!

Ellis left, you now have Lerner, job done. Interesting to know Ellis himself has protested at villa recently... Doesn't like the fact he has to climb more steps because of the improvements made to the corporate boxes. Ironic eh

<p>

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I hate it when we get called bitter but when we suspend common sense, ignore reality & believe any daft conspiracy theory just to have a go at them.....</p>

<p>

European qualification, rules were clear yet they still got to play with out. Wait for it... qualifying. There is a clear division between the common sense reality and the world the kopites live in.

Wheres the conspiracy theory? Could their previous owners payed the arrears. Yes. Was the sale forced through? Yes. Should they be entitled to compensation?

You brought Liverpool up as the model to follow, and it was a bad point. How is me pointing that out, bitter? Your another level of cunt with that passive piece of shit line. Seriously what the fuck!? Don't be coming back with a whiny, why you aiming an attack at me crap either, you've threw the bait and i've bit.

Here's a conspiracy BU didn't tape Kenwright, and also discovered he's snuck £25m out the club and hid it in Greenes bank account, but BU dont want him sacked, no just an intermediary team brought in because although we blame Kenwright for everything and barely mentioned the CEO who would have been able to answer our financial questions better-but that would have been no fun recording, oops- it's him who the 'fans' want replacing.

Common sense, reality and completely rational explanations, and not a daft conspiracy in sight within all your BU posts. You're just a sheep who's jumped on a band wagon thats slowly realising behind all the ruckus they're making, that they have the opinion of the minority.

Edited by pete0

<p>

European qualification, rules were clear yet they still got to play with out. Wait for it... qualifying. There is a clear division between the common sense reality and the world the kopites live in.

Wheres the conspiracy theory? Could their previous owners payed the arrears. Yes. Was the sale forced through? Yes. Should they be entitled to compensation?

You brought Liverpool up as the model to follow, and it was a bad point. How is me pointing that out, bitter? Your another level of cunt with that passive piece of shit line. Seriously what the fuck!? Don't be coming back with a whiny, why you aiming an attack at me crap either, you've threw the bait and i've bit.

Here's a conspiracy BU didn't tape Kenwright, and also discovered he's snuck £25m out the club and hid it in Greenes bank account, but BU dont want him sacked, no just an intermediary team brought in because although we blame Kenwright for everything and barely mentioned the CEO who would have been able to answer our financial questions better-but that would have been no fun recording, oops- it's him who the 'fans' want replacing.

Common sense, reality and completely rational explanations, and not a daft conspiracy in sight within all your BU posts. You're just a sheep who's jumped on a band wagon thats slowly realising behind all the ruckus they're making, that they have the opinion of the minority.

Errrrrmmm right ok...

And under Lerner they've sold five of England's starting XI on Wednesday.

Great job.....just what we should be looking for.

The ones who struggled to beat a Wales team waaaay down the rankings?

I think you need to look a little but further into what Lerner has done to be honest... Happy to post a load of stuff if you want?

You can post whatever you like...fact is that in the Lerner era Villa have finished above us once.

What you think of the individual players is irrelevant....love to hear your reaction if, in a couple of years time, England line up with Baines, Jagielka, Barkley, Rodwell and...er...Ossie in a serious competitive match and none of them are Everton players.

I'd join the f'king Blue Union if that happeed!

You can post whatever you like...fact is that in the Lerner era Villa have finished above us once.

What you think of the individual players is irrelevant....love to hear your reaction if, in a couple of years time, England line up with Baines, Jagielka, Barkley, Rodwell and...er...Ossie in a serious competitive match and none of them are Everton players.

I'd join the f'king Blue Union if that happeed!

Associating on pitch performance with the chairman is what has brought kenwright so much time.

Villa needed a striker, what did they do? go and buy £24m Darren bent. They sold downing for £20m, replaced him with nzogbia (choke). They have delph coming through who they outbid us for.

They have albrighton who is touted as the next big thing. ciaran Clark etc etc

The players they sold: Milner - man city and he wanted to go. Downing £20m come on?!, young £14m last year of contract.

Us? Well we have to sell don't we? It will be a matter of time before baines, jags and Barkley join Rooney, and lescott on international duty. If rodwell gets his head right, he will be cashed in also.

I will also argue the point that all villa players who represented England were acquired using lerners money.. Bar Gary Cahill, who was from the academy based at bodymore Heath. Interesting point about that is villa own it. Till Lerner took over, Ellis downgraded the redevelopment of the complex based on poor league finishes. Lerner soon changed that, revisited plans and upgraded every aspect.

Throw into the mix that Lerner has overseen Continued improvement if villa park, with it heading for 50k seater status then yeah, job done.