IGNORED

Liverpool (home)

adamsmith69

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we were unchanged from City...

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Neville, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman, Coleman, Cahill.

Previous couple of games we've had Bilyaletdinov starting ahead of Neville so if Davey's feeling adventurous we may go back to that.

Saha will probably start if TC's not fit....can't see Straq or Velios (who scored for the reserves again yesterday, along with Gueye & Garbutt) getting a start.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we were unchanged from City...

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Neville, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman, Coleman, Cahill.

Previous couple of games we've had Bilyaletdinov starting ahead of Neville so if Davey's feeling adventurous we may go back to that.

Saha will probably start if TC's not fit....can't see Straq or Velios (who scored for the reserves again yesterday, along with Gueye & Garbutt) getting a start.

Hope Bily starts, he done well las year against them

I strongly disagree and sentence you to 10 minutes in the naughty cupboard. shaking%20fist.png

I'm still behind Moyes 100% and I believe most fans are inclined to feel the same as a majority rather than a minority.

If fans think there is a better manager out there I'd sure like to know what his name is, and how many years he would be interested in running the club at the top end of the table for with zero funding.

who do you think you are? some of the points i raised are highlighted by others on the same page and views have been discussed many times before and others DO hold these views, my points are that, they are just points ive noticed from reading things on forums,facebook and twitter and such like, so why have you been a prize cunt by changing everything to "my" these are not my views, apart from the substitution/selection issue, do you honestly think crowds would be down if everybody was happy with the team? its not just coz of the BK thing its because people are fed up of watching the pub football that we play, Its a common consensus that at any other club Moyes would have been sacked years ago, Me for now i think he should stay, i dont feel a new manager should have to work under the Kenwright regime, so Moyes is the man for now,

Seeing as you tend to pull at most of my posts and threads, in future, this will be the last response you get from me, and id appreciate if you did'nt comment on my posts or anything anymore, i have not the time for silly arguments

What position does the young lad Barkley play attacking mid or wing?

Also do you think he will get a surprise start or be a sub?

He's been played on the wing but I'd say he's more of a central player myself, wasted out wide.

He played 90 minutes for the reserves yesterday so I doubt he'll start, may not even make the bench, he wasn't on the bench against City.

He's been played on the wing but I'd say he's more of a central player myself, wasted out wide.

He played 90 minutes for the reserves yesterday so I doubt he'll start, may not even make the bench, he wasn't on the bench against City.

Oh ok he does look a very good prospect just hope you can keep hold of him.

My thoughts are the same as yours i think he would be much more effective in the hole behind a striker to being stuck out wide but i may be wrong.

in response to the Moyes posts:

avinalaff: your deluded if you think there are very few people questioning Moyes tactics of late and very much including those going to games. I know kipper has a lot of extreme views and a lot of shite talked but there are plenty of regulars attending games, and plenty of season ticket holders (a lot more than on here I'd say) and there are certainly a lot of people on there not happy with a lot of Moyes tactics.

I know he doesn't have a massive amount to work with but he does have 1 proven (if a bit lazy, injury prone and now not in good books) striker, he does have 2 unproven new/young eager strikers ready and keen to play.

While I generally love Cahill in tough games like this where a good bit of hard work, spirit and ability to pop up to grab a goal are required, he hasn't been doing it in a long time now and it could be a blessing in disguise if he was out and we had to play someone else up top.

---

I'm hoping a realistic line up we'll see:

Howard

Hibbo Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Fellaini Rodwell Drenthe

Osman

Saha

Really though i'm pretty sure Nevillie will sneak in somewhere, where I don't know as you can't leave out Rodwell after last game, Fellaini and Osman won't be left out and I'd really hope Moyes doesn't feel the need to dispatch Neville onto a wing!

We don't need to play the same kind of all out defence home to Pool as we did away to City so that line up has more than enuogh defence.

If not Drenthe then Bily though I don't think Bily has it in him for they physical battle, Drenthe's the kind of lad that could give a bit of derby spark as he smashes into Carragher or such like!

who do you think you are? some of the points i raised are highlighted by others on the same page and views have been discussed many times before and others DO hold these views, my points are that, they are just points ive noticed from reading things on forums,facebook and twitter and such like, so why have you been a prize cunt by changing everything to "my" these are not my views, apart from the substitution/selection issue, do you honestly think crowds would be down if everybody was happy with the team? its not just coz of the BK thing its because people are fed up of watching the pub football that we play, Its a common consensus that at any other club Moyes would have been sacked years ago, Me for now i think he should stay, i dont feel a new manager should have to work under the Kenwright regime, so Moyes is the man for now,

Seeing as you tend to pull at most of my posts and threads, in future, this will be the last response you get from me, and id appreciate if you did'nt comment on my posts or anything anymore, i have not the time for silly arguments

Pris, I'm not pulling your posts, but you make statements and portray them as if your opinion is that of every other Everton fan. It isn't. Your opinion is yours. Try speaking for yourself now and again, and stop saying 'we' or 'everybody' or 'all' and you won't get lads like me pulling you up, especially when we don't agree with you, and don't want to be typecast in order to back up 'your' opinion.

Just because you read something on another forum doesn't mean that it represents a consensus, or general opinion of Everton fans. Half the time it's been written by some spotty teenage school kid with no hairs around their bollocks yet. Fans are fickle, and their views of things change constantly.

If you don't want responses, why offer them on a public forum? Learning how not to take those responses personally is key, but thank you for calling me a cunt.

As great as Gerrard has been (possibly still is), is it RIGHT to upset a winning team?

At what point do a forward thinking club start to see a player go past his peak, and then prepare for it?

Do they start playing him for full 90 minutes still, but in less games?

Do they keep playing him, and allow rose coloured specs to drag out his career?

Or does he genuinely still have a LOT to offer and it's worth keeping him around at the expense of prolonging the nurturing of the next generation?

There's always a danger with talismanic players ... teams being built around them, or 'automatic' on the team sheet etc.

Would Everton fans have him in their team (assuming he'd not played for Liverpool in the past) ?

As great as Gerrard has been (possibly still is), is it RIGHT to upset a winning team?

At what point do a forward thinking club start to see a player go past his peak, and then prepare for it?

Do they start playing him for full 90 minutes still, but in less games?

Do they keep playing him, and allow rose coloured specs to drag out his career?

Or does he genuinely still have a LOT to offer and it's worth keeping him around at the expense of prolonging the nurturing of the next generation?

There's always a danger with talismanic players ... teams being built around them, or 'automatic' on the team sheet etc.

Would Everton fans have him in their team (assuming he'd not played for Liverpool in the past) ?

Never seen the fuss with Gerrard.

Avg. shooting (some nice goals, but hit and hopes really, a la Darren Gibson)

Above avg. fitness (but not pacey)

Passing below avg. (a few great passes but in general attempts and fails the hollywood ball too often a la Neville)

Tackling below avg. (referees should be ashamed at the lack of reds and yellows awarded to him)

Not much difference between him and Kevin Davies, which just shows how much it's who you play for and not how much ability you have that gets you in the England team.

Liverpool win more with out him says enough

Edited by pete0

Never seen the fuss with Gerrard.

Avg. shooting (some nice goals, but hit and hopes really, a la Darren Gibson)

Above avg. fitness (but not pacey)

Passing below avg. (a few great passes but in general attempts and fails the hollywood ball too often a la Neville)

Tackling below avg. (referees should be ashamed at the lack of reds and yellows awarded to him)

Not much difference between him and Kevin Davies, which just shows how much it's who you play for and not how much ability you have that gets you in the England team.

Liverpool win more with out him says enough

Hummm is that ' win more without him' stat actually true? if it is, that's a turn up

Hummm is that ' win more without him' stat actually true? if it is, that's a turn up

Quite a recent stat.

Amazingly, Liverpool actually average more points per game, more goals for and less goals conceded in the 23 games Gerrard missed, than in the 27 games he played in the last 50. His record reads: missed 23 out of potential 50, with those games comprising 11 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses (48%, 17% & 35%). The average PPG is 1.61. The average GFPG 1.87.

In contrast, Gerrard played 27 out of potential 50, with 11 wins, 7 draws, 9 losses (41%, 26%, 33%). His contributing games accrued 1.48 PPG and 1.22 GFPG.

But to make it fairer assessment the article also includes this

The answer is not necessarily. Here is Stevie G’s overall record against top six Premiership sides taken from 50 possible games against top six teams dating back to 06/07.

Playe: 39. Won 14, draw 11, lost 14. 36%, 28%, 36%. 1.36 PPG 1.15 GPGF

Missed: 10. Won 5, draw 3, lost 2. 50%, 30%, 20%. 1.80PG, 2.0 GPFG.

Source: http://www.sabotaget...g-at-liverpool/

Edited by pete0

Quite a recent stat.

Amazingly, Liverpool actually average more points per game, more goals for and less goals conceded in the 23 games Gerrard missed, than in the 27 games he played in the last 50. His record reads: missed 23 out of potential 50, with those games comprising 11 wins, 4 draws, 8 losses (48%, 17% & 35%). The average PPG is 1.61. The average GFPG 1.87.

In contrast, Gerrard played 27 out of potential 50, with 11 wins, 7 draws, 9 losses (41%, 26%, 33%). His contributing games accrued 1.48 PPG and 1.22 GFPG.

But to make it fairer assessment the article also includes this

The answer is not necessarily. Here is Stevie G’s overall record against top six Premiership sides taken from 50 possible games against top six teams dating back to 06/07.

Playe: 39. Won 14, draw 11, lost 14. 36%, 28%, 36%. 1.36 PPG 1.15 GPGF

Missed: 10. Won 5, draw 3, lost 2. 50%, 30%, 20%. 1.80PG, 2.0 GPFG.

Source: http://www.sabotaget...g-at-liverpool/

Got to be careful with stats of course, cos you can get daft stuff like 'not playing him in easy games, and they win those'...

But that's still quite surprising. Often the way though - perception vs reality can be quite different.

I've always thought him a fine player, but often thought too much emphasis placed on him. 4 years ago, would have had him in my lot every day of the week, but not now. He'll be a weakness for Liverpool soon - the fans won't see the demise for 2-3 years after everybody else does. Bit like Carragher now.

I'll have to have a look at that site - some sad bugger's had to collect all that data!

Got to be careful with stats of course, cos you can get daft stuff like 'not playing him in easy games, and they win those'...

But that's still quite surprising. Often the way though - perception vs reality can be quite different.

I've always thought him a fine player, but often thought too much emphasis placed on him. 4 years ago, would have had him in my lot every day of the week, but not now. He'll be a weakness for Liverpool soon - the fans won't see the demise for 2-3 years after everybody else does. Bit like Carragher now.

I'll have to have a look at that site - some sad bugger's had to collect all that data!

The second lot of stats only compares the results against the top 6 teams, which make it all the more shocking to the Gerrard lovers