IGNORED

Should Jags be dropped ?

Avinalaff

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jags be dropped ?

• Yes
    • No

Dont forget Hibbo is also one of Moyes' favourites.

Not related to you in this example Matt, but people using Neville as evidence that Moyes drops his favourites, seem to forget that Hibbert is also a big favourite of his.

no worries mate, but to counter your argument Hibbo is playing well here, favourite or not. Pip is captain and a favourite and still isnt there so that says to me hes dropping a favourite for someone in form, regardless of whether the replacement is a favourite too.

Edited by Matt

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries mate, but to counter your argument Hibbo is playing well here, favourite or not. Pip is captain and a favourite and still isnt there so that says to me hes dropping a favourite for someone in form, regardless of whether the replacement is a favourite too.

Yeh thats fair, and hibbo is doing pretty well, and thats fair play Moyes and I am happy to see it and long may it continue. However, history suggests (like persisting with Cahill out wide on Saturday) that he will shoe-horn certain players into the team, regardless of form & regardless of their best position. Seeing Hibbert or Neville at CB, or the latter in midfield annoy me, because its a great chance to get a talented young lad a game, who will more than likley perform better in their natural role.

Jags form this season has been really poor, and we are now 6 PL games in, and Moyes should be looking at a change and giving someone else 5-6 games to see if they can do better.

The minute Heits is back, he needs to start. For too long I've said jags is a liability, he's goin the way yobo did. Excelled, won massive acclaim and then for some reason started to have, as our dear friend Mark would say, major brain-farts! Which unfortunately have lead to a fair few of the goals we've conceded. QPR being the one that hurts most. Plus his lunge on Saturday could have added to my point if it wasn't for super Yank Tim Howard!

He has done his job quietly and efficiently so far. very under rated for us. As is Osman, it all went to pot when ozzie went off and Neville came on Saturday

You only say that because Liverpool got there goal 5 mins after the substitution. You could actually blame Moyes for making the wrong sub at the wrong time, as soon as nev came on, liverpool got there break, then we were one less creative player down when it come to trying to get an equaliser.

Also on subject i think jags should get a couple more games, a season is 38 + cup games, i know we have played a couple now, but he will come good just needs to find his high level of consistency. I didnt think Heitinga was that good against West Brom. Just because hes a dutch internation as some say, doesnt warrant you a start for everton. Moyes sees both of them in training, and obviously he's doing well enough to get games

you're judging heitinga on one game yet you're sayin jags needs a few to find his consistency? same standards for everyone..jags isn't cutting it at the moment..not sure why..but it's heitinga's turn to have a run in the team at centre half

What i mean is say you throw heitinga in there, he will need a couple of games to get himself going also, whereas i personally would like to see jags given a few more games. Obviously people are going to disagree and say throw heitinga in, as though hes going to set the world alight.

In the world cup england were shocking and i remember everyone saying, get joe cole playing instead of whoever was playing left mid at the time, and it never really happened, and everyone was like "Why wont he stick Cole on" Well the reason was simple he wasnt really that good, and certainly wasnt better than the shite that started ahead of him. WHat i'm saying is, is, jagielka omn match day, isnt actually setting the world a light, but in training johnny mustnt really be any better. Moyes will play who he feels is playing the best in training, now i know you will mention his faviourites etc, but as you seen with the neville the last few weeks, he chose hibbert on form, which actually was the right call he offers more defensively and offensively in this present time than neville does, as someone rightly pointed out before.

What i mean is say you throw heitinga in there, he will need a couple of games to get himself going also, whereas i personally would like to see jags given a few more games. Obviously people are going to disagree and say throw heitinga in, as though hes going to set the world alight.

In the world cup england were shocking and i remember everyone saying, get joe cole playing instead of whoever was playing left mid at the time, and it never really happened, and everyone was like "Why wont he stick Cole on" Well the reason was simple he wasnt really that good, and certainly wasnt better than the shite that started ahead of him. WHat i'm saying is, is, jagielka omn match day, isnt actually setting the world a light, but in training johnny mustnt really be any better. Moyes will play who he feels is playing the best in training, now i know you will mention his faviourites etc, but as you seen with the neville the last few weeks, he chose hibbert on form, which actually was the right call he offers more defensively and offensively in this present time than neville does, as someone rightly pointed out before.

He's had 2 seasons worth of blind loyalty, he should be in the reserves by now with Duffy/Mustafi given a place on the bench.

He's had 2 seasons worth of blind loyalty, he should be in the reserves by now with Duffy/Mustafi given a place on the bench.

I think thats a bit harsh pete dont you think? I dont want to get dragged in on the matter because it sounds like am jagielkas biggest fan and i'm not i'm just offering and opposed view, as someone mentioned they wanted earlier in the thread.

It was Twitter where he said he was out for 2 weeks.

He must be on holiday then, looks like a laugh to me with the other photos that were posted.

Reserves is a bit much but dropping to the bench might give him the kick up the ass that he needs

I think thats a bit harsh pete dont you think? I dont want to get dragged in on the matter because it sounds like am jagielkas biggest fan and i'm not i'm just offering and opposed view, as someone mentioned they wanted earlier in the thread.

He must be on holiday then, looks like a laugh to me with the other photos that were posted.

Reserves is a bit much but dropping to the bench might give him the kick up the ass that he needs

For me a player who has threw a paddy or getting to big for his boots deserves the bench as they're still useful eg. Balotelli

A player who is out of form should also go on the bench say after 4/5 games, but if a player is consistently below par he should go in to the reserves until they're performances warrant first team football.

In Jags case his game is so off it's costing his team mates points every week. He should go in the reserves and get match practice were the mistakes wont affect us, until his form has picked back up. It's unfair to his team mates who are waiting in the wings to get a chance. Jags keeping his place sends the wrong message out to the rest of the squad and also gives the opposition a target.

IMO/pure conjecture he doesn't want to be here anymore Arsenal have turned his head. January window soon though so hopefully his form will pick up and we can get rid at a good price, rather than keep a player who's a shadow of himself. We could have had £10m winger(Piatti, Holtby or N'zogbia) instead of keeping Jags this summer.

At the moment jags is better than no one. He is the lowest performing first teamer IMO. That's not to say he can't be player of the season level again. He is making very daft decisions and he needs to calm down. Moyes needs to sit with him one to one and go through these mistakes, if heitinga gets fit and jags form continues then it's the bench, because if I was heitinga I would be livid.

I would give him a go at rb if not drop distin and have a jags and heitinga pairing

so let me get this straight, you want to either drop our RB who is in form for a player whos not in form and that we know is crap in that position , or you want to drop the CB in form to accommodate a partnership thats not proven.....

so let me get this straight, you want to either drop our RB who is in form for a player whos not in form and that we know is crap in that position , or you want to drop the CB in form to accommodate a partnership thats not proven.....

An out of form heitinga is still 2 times the player hibbert is and 20 times the player neville is. Jags is our leader he can't be dropped

Jags may be a leader, but so is neville and at the moment I want someone who leads by example not by pointing - performing the worlds highest keepy uppy for a clearance and giving a way a naive penalty in just one game after a series of blunders has "benchwarmer" written all over it.

Heitinga has the right to feel seriously aggrieved as anyone would if he wasn't given a chance to improve on the steady 5/10 performances so fat from jags. Jags is a no nonsense defender - supposedly, but it appears he inherited Yobo's concentration when he left.