IGNORED

George Green

Here's what Greg O'Keeffe (Liverpool Echo) had to say on twitter:

"Stories that Spurs are trying to hijack Everton's move for George Green are nonsense. He signed yesterday DESPITE Spurs offering double our fee, in excess of £600,000 and better personal terms. The kid and Bradford were more impressed with #EFC - so he signed."

Here's what Greg O'Keeffe (Liverpool Echo) had to say on twitter:

"Stories that Spurs are trying to hijack Everton's move for George Green are nonsense. He signed yesterday DESPITE Spurs offering double our fee, in excess of £600,000 and better personal terms. The kid and Bradford were more impressed with #EFC - so he signed."

That's nice to hear :).

he does give youth a chance, just upfront and midfield.

he doesnt give youth a chance at the back as it is much riskier.

but this lad sounds promising.

if one kid makes it then that can make enough money to put into ten more kids who might make it.

its a good system.

good luck to the kid

unfortunately rubes its just how it goes.

if one kid makes it to the first team every season it is considered job well done for the academy.

we have some very promising youngsters coming through, with Barkley coming in this year we are doing well.

The next one to come through might be a while.

to be honest, since selling rooney alone that should be enough to ofset against 20 kids with potential.

he does give youth a chance, just upfront and midfield.

he doesnt give youth a chance at the back as it is much riskier.

but this lad sounds promising.

if one kid makes it then that can make enough money to put into ten more kids who might make it.

its a good system.

good luck to the kid

To be honest I think thats just a toffeetalk myth

If anybody came through the ranks who was good enough to play in our back four I honestly beleive Moyes would play them

well its not a myth really is it?

you can look at it that he hasnt had players capable of playing at the back or you could look at it that jack rodwell had been an outstanding centre half for years at lower level and he has never once played at the back for us.

im not having a go at moyes for it, not many players make it as a defender at a young age. not many managers will try them.

you wont find many teenage defenders in the premier league compared to midfielders or forwards playing regular.

i will add to that, when lescott came in he didnt get put at centre half for a while, and then baines was kept away for a while when he came in. moyes is very cautious with players at the back. i dont see it as a problem though.

well its not a myth really is it?

you can look at it that he hasnt had players capable of playing at the back or you could look at it that jack rodwell had been an outstanding centre half for years at lower level and he has never once played at the back for us.

im not having a go at moyes for it, not many players make it as a defender at a young age. not many managers will try them.

you wont find many teenage defenders in the premier league compared to midfielders or forwards playing regular.

i will add to that, when lescott came in he didnt get put at centre half for a while, and then baines was kept away for a while when he came in. moyes is very cautious with players at the back. i dont see it as a problem though.

He played Rodwell at CB in preseason before last and he looked absolutely awful, I remember Ian Ormandroyd running him ragged against Blackpool. Just because he played there as a kid doesnt mean he is a CB, look at Hibbo he started as a midfielder

Talking of who, Moyes played him as a youngster because he was good enough.

Baines didnt get a look in early doors at Everton because Lescott was superb at LB and Jags and Yobo were solid as a CB pairing at the time

He played Rodwell at CB in preseason before last and he looked absolutely awful, I remember Ian Ormandroyd running him ragged against Blackpool. Just because he played there as a kid doesnt mean he is a CB, look at Hibbo he started as a midfielder

Talking of who, Moyes played him as a youngster because he was good enough.

Baines didnt get a look in early doors at Everton because Lescott was superb at LB and Jags and Yobo were solid as a CB pairing at the time

Thought Hibbert started as a striker? Anyway, agree with your point.

• 1 month later...