IGNORED

The X Factor Thread

StevO

Music should be listened to, not watched. Ears, not eyes.

this i disagree with, i have many albums i cherish, but none of them compare to watching a band live.

true there isnt always a lot of talent, but every few years they do throw up someone outstanding. you can tell the difference, there are the ones who last a year, get a couple of singles out and find a different market to get into if they are lucky, and the ones who take off a bit more and last a few years, and the one of like Leona Lewis who as well as getting a few albums out of it also manages success in the states.

im no fan at all of Leona Lewis or the music she makes, but she is clearly as talented a singer as anyone, she has an exceptional voice and a huge range.

she wouldnt have managed to do well in america as well as here with out some talent.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this i disagree with, i have many albums i cherish, but none of them compare to watching a band live. true there isnt always a lot of talent, but every few years they do throw up someone outstanding. you can tell the difference, there are the ones who last a year, get a couple of singles out and find a different market to get into if they are lucky, and the ones who take off a bit more and last a few years, and the one of like Leona Lewis who as well as getting a few albums out of it also manages success in the states. im no fan at all of Leona Lewis or the music she makes, but she is clearly as talented a singer as anyone, she has an exceptional voice and a huge range. she wouldnt have managed to do well in america as well as here with out some talent.

Karaoke at best, couldn't hold a note next to a proper singer like Mariah Carey or Christina Aguliera that she was being compared to in the show. Soon as it finished she was sexed up and swiftly moved in to shitty pop

Edited by pete0

this i disagree with, i have many albums i cherish, but none of them compare to watching a band live.

true there isnt always a lot of talent, but every few years they do throw up someone outstanding. you can tell the difference, there are the ones who last a year, get a couple of singles out and find a different market to get into if they are lucky, and the ones who take off a bit more and last a few years, and the one of like Leona Lewis who as well as getting a few albums out of it also manages success in the states.

im no fan at all of Leona Lewis or the music she makes, but she is clearly as talented a singer as anyone, she has an exceptional voice and a huge range.

she wouldnt have managed to do well in america as well as here with out some talent.

Watching a live band is totally different to what I meant.

I'm talking about the birth of MTV and similar programmes, that changed the music business from being focused on 'audio' and made it focus on 'video'. This in turn meant that music producers were much more interested in 'image' and 'sex appeal' rather than whether the artist could sing or not.

They can fix voices in the studio.

Louis Walsh is not after a 'live' artist. He is after a 'recording' artist. This means he is looking for someone he can sell 'visually' rather than 'audio'.

Half these acts could not do a gig, and that's being kind, presuming 'any' of them could. They are practising every week to sing 'one' song. They have 'zero chance' of ever becoming a live artist, as to be a live artist, you need to be able to cut it.

Walsh will make them sound amazing in the studio, and sell the concept to a young gullible audience. Liona Lewis is a good singer, but she's not in the same class as the top female singers like Streisand. She's just a pretty face with a decent voice, and a great engineering team behind her.

Do you think Americans are any less gullible than Brits? Lewis does well because the record companies have put her in the spot light and the record companies dictate the radio, commercial Internet, and tv. It's no fluke. It's what Simon Cowell does.

Barlow will write some cheesy song for the winner of X-Factor, and they'll sell a few records. I'm fairly sure we won't be discussing any artists that were born via X-Factor or Pop Idol in 50 years time.

i do agree with most of what you are saying. but to dismiss every contestant as talentless because they have come through a tv audition rather than a studio audition is a bit short sighted.

Americans are just as gullible as us brits, my point about that was if 20 million people go and buy your album you cant be completely talentless, somebody would notice.

oh, and i cant stand Streisand, her voice goes through me. Prefer Houston, much easier on the ears.

i do agree with most of what you are saying. but to dismiss every contestant as talentless because they have come through a tv audition rather than a studio audition is a bit short sighted.

Americans are just as gullible as us brits, my point about that was if 20 million people go and buy your album you cant be completely talentless, somebody would notice.

oh, and i cant stand Streisand, her voice goes through me. Prefer Houston, much easier on the ears.

Are you referring to the cheesy 80's lip quivering big hair permed songstress? Dear Gawd, Lawdinevven.huh.png

That guy is a singer. wink.png

*cough* Madonna *cough*

Anyone says Like A Virgin is getting banged!

is that a bit better?

i saw today that kitty as been offered £300k to get her kit off!

i'll give her £400k if i can punch her.

to anyone who doesnt watch it, kitty is like lady gaga but much much worse!

is that a bit better?

i saw today that kitty as been offered £300k to get her kit off!

i'll give her £400k if i can punch her.

to anyone who doesnt watch it, kitty is like lady gaga but much much worse!

I'd get my kit off for £300k!

I seem to do it most Saturday nights just for the price of a few beers!

The way Louis Walsh and his panel of 'who on earth are they trying to kid' judges try to make out the acts are fantastic should be a hanging offence.

I've never seen such awful attempts to justify complete and utter rubbish since the 'last time' I watched X-Factor.

Honestly!!

Ban the show before any further damage is done, and exile that muppet Walsh to a far off planet where he belongs. doh.gif

I seen two songs worth and fucked it off cos it was that bad, hardly class that as watching it.

I saw a dreadful performance of 'Living on a prayer' and it was out of key all over the show, yet the judges applauded it, quite falsely. A little later some guy sung another poor performance, and Walsh stood up in an attempt to rally applause. They have no shame. It's truly cringe worthy viewing that manipulates viewers and fixes votes. They already have someone in mind to give a contract to, and did so long before any of the show took place at the tv stages. I like SteveO, but he is definitely in need of divine intervention, and hopefully he can be saved before it's too late. laugh.png

I saw a dreadful performance of 'Living on a prayer' and it was out of key all over the show, yet the judges applauded it, quite falsely. A little later some guy sung another poor performance, and Walsh stood up in an attempt to rally applause. They have no shame. It's truly cringe worthy viewing that manipulates viewers and fixes votes. They already have someone in mind to give a contract to, and did so long before any of the show took place at the tv stages. I like SteveO, but he is definitely in need of divine intervention, and hopefully he can be saved before it's too late. laugh.png

TBF one judge has a brain Tulisa she told the girl straight that she bombed Sweet Child.. and then the other judges rallied together with a mixture of enthusiasm and bullshit to keep the contestant and crowd happy. It's awful how they manipulate the audience every year yet they still beg for moredont know.gif

I seen two songs worth and fucked it off cos it was that bad, hardly class that as watching it.

you loved it pete! i just know you did!

cant believe Rhythmix stayed in, they are seriously shit!

avin, i think that was johnny who Louis Walsh was cheering, was aweful! but he always is.

Can we merge this thread with the What Grinds Your Gears thread?

Marco is spot on, its shyte like this that underpins the problems in our society. Dont want to be a nurse or a doctor or something, anything worthwhile. I wanna be a 2 bit celeb falling in and out of clubs and pubs. Its fucking pathetic and detracts from true musicians who put in the hard yards at pubs and clubs every week trying to get noticed

aparently a contestant voted for herself 126 times last week, the least you can do is vote once codders!

(for the record i am a big fan but i have never ever voted)

I have voted before. My missus voted for someone or other last year so I voted for all the rest of them just to negate her vote biggrin.png

She hasnt bothered again since

cant believe Rhythmix stayed in, they are seriously shit!

They'll make the final.

One Direction fan base is huge, and they've not got a 'boy' band to back this year, so they're supporting Rhythmix!

Kitty's save me song was good! Sami was the right choice out of the two, she's boring! Not sure how Frankie is still there though, and his celebration of "Fucking get in there!" when he was put through, was more suited to a football match, rather than a family TV show!

I'm sure he's been advised to be an arrogant asshole. I'm not sure what the VT's were all about yesterday, showing them at the pub drinking, talking to girls? It's a weird light to shine on them.