IGNORED

Finch Farm for sale (£15.3m)

Louis

Well it's too close to the airport to comfortably live in. When I played there the sound of air-crafts was deafening and many times we would have to set-up the training again because the balls had rolled away.

Zoo, have you been drinking?

It's not even on the flight path. The planes come in over the Runcorn bridge and over the water before landing. You have the whole borough of Speke, and it's industrial estates between FF and the airport.

Admit it. You typed Finch Farm into Googlemaps and got Gold Finch Farm rd adjacent to the runway. :rofl:

I've arrowed the training ground for you.

Untitled_zpscb1c4015.jpg

Not that any of it is relevant to it's sale to the council. It's location to the motorway network is ideal for Industrial purposes though. It used to be Greenbelt, so not sure how they got round that. Everton signed for 50 years, but not sure how it effects a transfer of ownership regarding any contract.

Finch Farm is the training ground for Everton F.C., in the Knowsley suburb of Halewood.

The School of Science is the nickname given to the complex by some supporters, referring to a long-standing nickname for the club. The training ground houses both the Everton first team and the youth academy. The first team squad officially moved to the complex on 9 October 2007, some time behind the target date of pre-season. Plans were drawn up for the Cheshire County Council owned site in 2002.[1]

Everton originally tried to find land in Liverpool but eventually settled on the 55-acre (220,000 m2) site, off Higher Road and Finch Lane in Halewood. Some Halewood residents fought the plans as the training complex and academy was built on greenbelt land.

Finch Farm was acquired in 2006 by Everton who later sold the land on for £2.1 million and then had it developed to the club’s specification by developers ROM Capital (an arm of the aAim Group) who are now known as Hudson Capital Properties.

Finch Farm was designed by North-West based architects AFL.[2] The contract was valued at £9million.[3] A site worker was killed during the final stages of development.[4]

On completion, Finch Farm was valued by ROM Capital at £17 M. Everton signed a 50-year tenancy agreement with ROM Capital for Finch Farm.[5] Everton have an option to purchase the site every 5 years.

Between the 2006/07 and 2007/08 financial accounts' "Other Operating Costs" increased significantly from £11.7m to £21.1m. The club largely attributed this rise to Finch Farm in the club's Financial Review in the annual report:

"Further significant increases in operating costs were also incurred in the year following the opening of the new Finch Farm training facility. The additional operating costs compared with those incurred at Bellefield are seen as a necessary investment to provide the appropriate training facilities required by both first team players and academy players at a Premier League club of Everton’s standing."[6]

In October 2011, Hudson Capital Properties put Finch Farm on sale, the asking price was £15.3million.[7]

Av', you are such a pedant! :rofl:

It looks like it'll be a controversial story. Liverpool City Council were told to make cuts and have made redundancies, yet spend millions on a football training ground.

Okay, it's an investment that'll see them make their money plus profit back after a few years, but people won't take kindly to it. I personally think it's a good fit but it won't be without its detractors.

Av', you are such a pedant! :rofl:

It looks like it'll be a controversial story. Liverpool City Council were told to make cuts and have made redundancies, yet spend millions on a football training ground.

Okay, it's an investment that'll see them make their money plus profit back after a few years, but people won't take kindly to it. I personally think it's a good fit but it won't be without its detractors.

I can't help it ha ha. :lol: I don't mean any harm, but I must have folk pulling their hair out sometimes. :lol:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/06/11/finch-farm-announcement

Everton Football Club and Liverpool City Council are pleased to announce a new rental arrangement over the Club's Finch Farm training base.

The City Council has purchased Everton’s training and Academy facilities in a property deal which generates long-term benefits for both the Council and the Club.

Everton retains a long-term lease on the site and the new rental arrangement secures a reduced annual rental cost to the Club and an attractive commercial return for the Council.

Blues CEO Robert Elstone said: "We continue to work with the Council on many fronts and the Club is especially pleased to have delivered an innovative scheme, on our superb Finch Farm facility, that works for both parties."

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson said: “It’s a very good deal for us, and for Everton.

“Over the lifetime of this arrangement we will get much needed revenue, which we can re-invest in essential services for the people of Liverpool.

“Together with the new Exhibition Centre, the Council regard such investments as innovative but vital in enabling it to meet its on-going budget challenges.”

The deal has been independently valued and verified.

I've just read that. It still doesn't make sense to me why Everton are happy with the situation.

I understand that not owning it allows for an increased cash flow. But what I don't understand is why that's preferred over taking on a mortgage to pay for it. Liverpool City Council have said they have borrowed to buy it and the BBC reported that they will make "tens of millions" from the deal.

Kopites are whining that it's Evertonian and season ticket holder Joe Anderson (Mayor of Liverpool) showing favouritism, reducing rent payments for Everton. There's probably an element of that. Anderson has already used it in a soundbite to say that the Council do things for Everton. It's a good deal for the City Council, it just shouldn't have become an opportunity.

The way I see it is Everton are renting a house for the next 46 years instead of buying it outright with a mortgage and paying it off within 10-15 years.

It would if you haven't got £15m to pay out.

But we have mate. We spent that on Fellaini.

It's important to ensure the structure of the club is in place before chasing silverware. I'd have been happy if we sold Fellaini, bought FF, and a less expensive player or 2 with the rest.

But we have mate. We spent that on Fellaini.

It's important to ensure the structure of the club is in place before chasing silverware. I'd have been happy if we sold Fellaini, bought FF, and a less expensive player or 2 with the rest.

We bought Fellaini for a quoted £15m over a 5 year contract. We didn't spend £15m hard cash on him, we couldn't afford to do that.