IGNORED

Pienaar

"but he doesn't always play and he may be thinking about our offer."

Idiot. He hasn't played because he's been injured.

:lol: Pfft, that's Russians for ya'

why any player would play in russia over the premiership would be a joke, I dont belive for a second that he would even consider it.

The only reason that a player would want to leave for Russia would either be to return to his homeland or to get regular first-team football. Pienaar is getting good first-team football, maybe not so much now but definatly in the future and he's not Russian, so there's nothing else making him want to go over there. Plus the standard of football isn't a patch on ours, he's played against Zenit and seen what it's like. I doubt that Pienaar will want to leave...

No chance of this, he is becoming our most creative player, Moyes wouldnt let him go.

...and I don't think Moyes would want to let him. Like scouse said, he's becoming our most creative player and it would be a mistake to let him go.

:lol: Pfft, that's Russians for ya'

The only reason that a player would want to leave for Russia would either be to return to his homeland or to get regular first-team football. Pienaar is getting good first-team football, maybe not so much now but definatly in the future and he's not Russian, so there's nothing else making him want to go over there. Plus the standard of football isn't a patch on ours, he's played against Zenit and seen what it's like. I doubt that Pienaar will want to leave...

...and I don't think Moyes would want to let him. Like scouse said, he's becoming our most creative player and it would be a mistake to let him go.

I cant see this one happening but you did miss a couple of points out

1 the Russians could offer a lot more in wages and 2 they could offer Champions League Football. Hopefully though Piennar is not the type of player to have his head turned by silly money

You cna't blame them though! It's only like any other club (inc. ourselves) stating that they'd like to sign a player, one thats not totally out of their reach. Like us and Moutinho in a away.

Saying that they should do a little more research than checking the players appearances on teletext before stating that he doesn't get a game :D

• 3 months later...

Kazan won the Russian league so they will be in Champions League, but they don't have anywhere near the quality right now. In a bid not to embarrass themselves they're going to put out feelers all over the place in the hopes that a few players will be unsettled by the prospect of guaranteed Champions League play. Can't see Steven having any real interest in this though.

personally i think asking anywhere near 10 million is ajoke. around and just over6 million is a fair price for pienaar, he cost in the region of 2 and hasn't exactly set the world alight. handsome profit, if we could swap pienaa for say kranjcar (quoted at around 6) then it would be a good piece of business IMO

Guest efctaxi

He is 'possibly' the best football player we have , and is still developing .

Worth keeping unless a can't refuse price is offered .

personally i think asking anywhere near 10 million is ajoke. around and just over6 million is a fair price for pienaar, he cost in the region of 2 and hasn't exactly set the world alight. handsome profit, if we could swap pienaa for say kranjcar (quoted at around 6) then it would be a good piece of business IMO

I can see what you mean. It would represent a good bit of business. I like pienaar though, but as i follow ajax and have liked him since he played there i do have a slight bias. If we had a replacement for him already i would be a little more willing, but if we sold him we would probably re-invest the money on a central midfielder or something pointless like that. God forbid we should actually have any width in the team

He is 'possibly' the best football player we have , and is still developing .

Worth keeping unless a can't refuse price is offered .

As much as I love him I really don't think that he is still developing that much. He's not that young, I'm not trying to say that he's hold, but he's hardly new on the scene. I really like Pienaar but his level of play and skill have pretty much been the same since he got here

I think it would be a disgrace if we even entertained the idea of selling him for anywhere near £6M. As for him not setting the world alight can you please tell me which midfielder we have who can create anything whilst Arteta is out if it isnt Piennar

We definitely miss him when he doesnt play and I would rather have Piennar than Krancjar anyway

Fellaini is a pure DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD PLAYER, it is at this place he played since he was 12. Why the fuck does he play as offensive midfield player or even as 2nd forward here at Everton ? Seen from Belgiium, it is a complete non-sense, he's losing 50% of his potential there...

I think it would be a disgrace if we even entertained the idea of selling him for anywhere near £6M. As for him not setting the world alight can you please tell me which midfielder we have who can create anything whilst Arteta is out if it isnt Piennar

We definitely miss him when he doesnt play and I would rather have Piennar than Krancjar anyway

why would it be a disgrace? i really can't see that logic. he cost 2 has he done enough to triple his value? really? he's a good player but since his initial loan h's been hit and miss to say the least, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't score. i like him as a player because he's decent on the ball but to say 6mwould be a disgrace considering what we paid and what he's delivered i just don't see that reasoning.

i love how people are so defensive 'coul you please....' why no sir i cannot, but that's not really relevant at this point since any deal is mooted for the summer and we would then be able to look for a replacement, if not already in place.

i definitely wouldn't, i like pienaar but kranjcar is a much better player.

the reason why we do miss him is because our midfield is so light in terms of depth, which is why it would be a mistake to sell without a replacement. i'm justsaying that if we can get a proven and better player, such as kranjcar, then it would be a good business move and it would strengthen our starting 11.

why would it be a disgrace? i really can't see that logic. he cost 2 has he done enough to triple his value? really? he's a good player but since his initial loan h's been hit and miss to say the least, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't score. i like him as a player because he's decent on the ball but to say 6mwould be a disgrace considering what we paid and what he's delivered i just don't see that reasoning.

i love how people are so defensive 'coul you please....' why no sir i cannot, but that's not really relevant at this point since any deal is mooted for the summer and we would then be able to look for a replacement, if not already in place.

i definitely wouldn't, i like pienaar but kranjcar is a much better player.

the reason why we do miss him is because our midfield is so light in terms of depth, which is why it would be a mistake to sell without a replacement. i'm justsaying that if we can get a proven and better player, such as kranjcar, then it would be a good business move and it would strengthen our starting 11.

We need to add to the squad not deplete it, so even if we did have another player lined up it would still make no sense to sell.

Just because we got him on the cheap doesnt mean we should offload him to make a quick buck.

To say he doesnt get many assists is a bit unfair seeing as though only Arteta and Baines have set up more than him this season and ninety percent of the time its Piennar who has put Baines into a crossing position

http://fantasyfootball.timesonline.co.uk/p...&p_club=EVE

Pienaar's too important at the mo. We need krancjer and pienaar so players like gosling and osman can be our back-up, if we want to go forward we can't go one for one e.g. pienaar out krancjer in, we need to sign players to increase competition. I too would want more than £6m for pienaar, he has been one of our most consistent players for a long time and the partnership he's formed down the left with baines is probably where we look most dangerous now and will be for the rest of the season.

Has pienaar done enough to triple his value? At £2m yes - he's more than a £6m player in this market - fuck me fellaini cost £15m and stevie's out-performing him week in week out.

it always makes sense to sell if you can replace with a better player.

fellaini was a panic buy and shouldn't have cost 15 million. pienaar is decent but that's it, personally i don't think he's worth much over 6.

Not when both would fit into the same team!

We sell osman then and replace him with kranjcar. (not something I'd like to see either!)