IGNORED

Pienaar

Except for the fact he's just tweeted that he's currently getting on a plane in South Africahuh.png .

theres this wonderful machine called a fax machine Mike, plus video conferencing, email etc. Medical will have been very straight forward Id think Edited by Matt

How do you do a medical through a fax machine? I know he's a midget gem but I think even he'd find it hard wink.png.

why is a medical even needed since hes played for us for 5 months this year? I think its just a matter of signing a certificate, hence fax machine.

I don't know but you're the one who posted a tweet saying he'd had a medical.

just putting up the rumour mate. I was curious why it was mentioned but dont think his not being in the country should stop him passing a medical, considering his time with us.

As the tweet said...

"Stephen Pienaar has had a medical at Everton.."

...the twit (twitterer, tweetist huh.png?) was being geographically specific wasn't he?

Conclusion....he made it upsmile.png.

twitter isnt known for its grammatical accuracy. But you could well be right. Still, a rumour none the less.

Twit sounds right. I like John Cleeses way = twatter and twats ;)

where mate, couldnt find any? Could you quote some of them?

You needed to follow one of the links to his website www.strictlygentlemen.com - I thought it was something else initially tongue.png

http://www.strictlygentlemen.com/#!Pienaar close to Everton Return/cigf

Says that talks have opened based on £5m deal. Sounds a bit much for a 30 yr old to me, even if he has done really well for us.

Edited by Trigger

£5m seems like too much initially. I'd guess with our finances though that this can only be a small initial payment to Spurs and then built up over years.

And then he is a player who doesn't rely on pace, so I think we should get three or four years with him performing how we have seen. Up to four years isn't exactly long-term, but then there is no way we can afford a player of his quality, ready for this season, who has several years on his side.

ffs, fed up of this saga.... Whats the odds that he doesnt sign and it takes us til Christmas to recover?

Possible!....but up to Moyes to earn his massive wedge and ensure it doesn't happen.

Pieaars role in our team is huge.Sure he wanted to try a different club and play in Europe, what happened there brought it home to him the grass isn't always greener, he was loved at Everton and WANTS to come home.Plenty of other clubs would have taken a look at him, but I think they would be worried about a Spurs type reaction to his form.He can do it for us, he hs done it for us.I'm hoping that back where he belongs he will truely turn it on for a couple of seasons.

Our form at the end of the season and our out look for the next are high, we can play well without him, but I'd much rather Pienaar be back in Blue.

i think we should go for hoilett he would be an investment with a resale value,we havnt spent a penny yet,does that sound familiar.

I am not worried about spending money, we are not a wealthy club, getting players on a free is good, spending on someone who turns out to be no good and then selling them on at a loss is not so good. At the moment I am not worried about spending money on Pienaar, we know he can do a job for us. I would be more worried if we spent £35m on a big clumsy striker who would not fit in.

Hmm would any club do such a thing?

liverpool will willingly take a 15 million loss as its also his wages that are a problem,the same with joe cole he may come back but i dont think for long,wages again.

liverpool can no longer pay silly wages to average players.

I agree, they are hardly being linked with what you would call big names anymore.