IGNORED

Pienaar

thanks for the back up mark... and i don't liek to swear or insult without provocation or being talked down to.

and the atletico midfield is better than ours, pienaar wouldn't have a chance of getting in ahead of players like maxi or simao.

True

But I've heard rumours that one (or both!) of them could be off...

Guest efctaxi
thanks for the back up mark... and i don't liek to swear or insult without provocation or being talked down to.

and the atletico midfield is better than ours, pienaar wouldn't have a chance of getting in ahead of players like maxi or simao.

Unfortunately , that isn't the case is it mate .

After reading your posts for the past 6 months , I'm more than convinced that your a mouthy little fucker regardless :angry2:

Edited by efctaxi

Unfortunately , that isn't the case is it mate .

After reading your posts for the past 6 months , I'm more than convinced that your a mouthy little fucker regardless :angry:

sorry but i get frustrated by some people with such a lack of understanding or knowledge of football, like yourself. oh and look whos the swearing now. chins!

to jamie : it is a shame but to be honest it's an unfair comparison they're a much bigger club than we are.

Edited by CraccerC

sorry but i get frustrated by some people with such a lack of understanding or knowledge of football, like yourself. oh and look whos the swearing now. chins!

to jamie : it is a shame but to be honest it's an unfair comparison they're a much bigger club than we are.

Guess thats true, but then the Spanish league is harder to compare in general as they dont have as strong established top 4 as we do over here. Strong as in 4 teams that year in year out finish fourth, not strong as in lesser quality than over here. They have the champions league money spread out a little better as more teams have a chance at it than they do here so more teams are getting a bigger income every few years and getting stronger because of it.

Hoe old is Pienaar? I can see Athletico going for him from that perspective, but other than that he wouldn't get 1st team as regularly as he would hear. Plus he's only saying about the contracts because were securing loads of others and he feels left out :D

Turned 27 already this year. I'd give him a new contract now. Lock him up because he's set to have his best years from 27-32. Maybe if he has a killer season next year he'll become a bit expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Daily Mail, Atletico and Fiorentina are in the hunt. Expected that he may be in demand after great end of season and profile of Confederations Cup but i think he can improve further and also the link up with baines, would be annoyed if he left now but all players have their price.

Pienaar wont go this season as he seems to be happy. He has expressed his interest with playing abroad but I do believe that he wants to have at least one more season with Everton in the Premiership. He is welcomed with open arms into the team as his work rate it sub zero. Each game he plays he contributes and it would take a fine pay packet to steer him away at this moment in time.

I really want him to stay, he's an absolute legend at this club at the minute.

According to the Daily Mail, Atletico and Fiorentina are in the hunt. Expected that he may be in demand after great end of season and profile of Confederations Cup but i think he can improve further and also the link up with baines, would be annoyed if he left now but all players have their price.

Question off the top of my head then.

£10,000,000 for Pienaar, would you sell?

Guest blueboy122

no way dark not in a million years for £10,000,000 just because of the fact that we could not get a player anywhere near as good as him or with his work rate for £10,000,000

the problem is, as stated above, could we replace him with someone who will put in the same shift....it's possible but would take some looking around. that being said, he's not a £10million player so it wouldn't be a bad deal if there was a possible replacement.

Pienaar may not necessarily be a £10m player (although watching him in confed cup vs brazil - Kaka £40m odd - Pienaar £50m!), but to us he's worth more than £10m - he had an amazing end to the season. Who would we get... downing would cost £12m at least - I'd stick with pienaar.

Guest blueboy122

i totally disagree with craccer i think that pienaar in todays market is worth a lot more than 10,000,000 as u have pointed out downing 12 million? pienaar is worth 20,000,000 plus if downing is worth 12 million. downing has just pace. pienaar has craft, skill, clever on the ball etc etc not to mention work ethic

downing is english and he doesn't have pace either

a lot of people overprice everton players i find due to bias...like suggestions that we shouldnt sell lescott for less than 30 mil and stuff like that. pienaar was bought last year for 2 million, he's not done enough to warrant anywhere near 20 million...he's played well don't get me wrong, but he doesn't do enough to warrant that figure.

^ that's what im saying...and id rather have him than downing

I've been looking at a few threads recently and I'm agreeing with you a lot at the mo e.g. huddlestone's shite, richards + £12m isn't a bad deal for lescott (although they should give us jo too as we don't need to sell so they need to get silly!), jackson is scum, pilkington is genius, etc.. it's not right! ;)

Guest blueboy122

no i agree in the way that his true value isnt 20 million but is ronaldo truth worth 80 million? thats the bases i am going on

no i agree in the way that his true value isnt 20 million but is ronaldo truth worth 80 million? thats the bases i am going on

In last 2 years, European cup winner, Prem x2, numerous other domestic and european trophies - how many goals?! World player of year, etc.. Worldwide marketing potential - Ronaldo is worth £80m.

Didnt Zenit want Peanut for around 9 million in January? Anyway i'd play him before Downing everytime, imo Downings shite! I bet Peanuts worth more than we think!

i don't believe zenit ever were, i think it was rubin kazan...don't think it was 9 million though, i'd heard less than that.

• 6 months later...