IGNORED

Pienaar

that would mean pienaar would move over to the right.

and he's better than osman as well, osman isn't good enough to start in a decent premiership team. championship player and useful squad player but not starting 11.

Agree kranjcar is a lot better than osman - but osman would be pretty much the best player in championship - his first touch is quality, he's just a bit to light weight at times. Osman is a quality squad player a would be a 1st team prem player in most teams (excluding top 6). Pienaar is right footed so a move over to the right would be fine. I hope we do get kranjcar but I don't want to sell some of our players who have served us well and helped us 'over-achieve' on our shoe-string budget season after season. You've got to think of stability of the squad too, if you have too many players going out to free up space for all these 'better' players, you're at risk at ruining the team spirit - a lot of what we do is built on team spirit so balls to 'out with the old, in with the new', our mentallity should be let's build on what we've already got.

i'd prefer someone quick too, i'd like johnson from boro if they go down, but i really rate kranjcar as a player and since he's been mentioned of late i just went with him. i don't think selling pienaar would effect the team a great deal to be honest as he's not been there as long as most but the players know they can trust him (to an extent) with the ball at his feet, that's what's important at the moment. i just think if a good offer comes in then he's got his price and i don't think we could ask for more than 7, IMO 7 would be a very good deal 6.25 really isn't as bad as some people are saying.

that would mean pienaar would move over to the right and he's better than osman as well, osman isn't good enough to start in a decent premiership team. championship player and useful squad player but not starting 11.

Sorry Mike I must come in and defend not only the player but also the club, Osman cost us nowt and has been a regular starter for 4/5 years, for a team that in those years has become a top 6 club and regularly makes it into Europe.

"a championship player, :o not good enough to start in a decent Premiership ship team, ," :o He is and he has been doing it for Everton FC. ;)

Oh and by the way .... its nice to see you back. :)

I agree with everyone who is saying lets NOT sell anyone and lets look at adding to our already depleted squad. The main reason why we have done so well in the last few seasons is because of the spirit/passion our team has added with the couple of players who have real quality on the ball ( I put peanuts in that statement alongside the likes of arteta etc)

Nico Krank is top top class and would be a welcome addition however I do think if he is available and especially for the £6mill being quoted then we will have a lot of competition for his signature, and not only by teams below us but top managers like wenger,ferguson, hiddink will definately want him and also the "fat controller" over the park will be in for him aswell.

Personally I think a fully fit midfield of piennar,arteta,fellaini,osman, and cahill just off a striker is pretty much the best midfield bar the top 4, however if it is a real option to get someone like nico then we should definately go for him as sometimes I think we rely on arteta too much especially against the top teams who have quality fullbacks who in games can sometimes mark our wide men out of the game.

However lets just enjoy the rest of THIS season first before worrying about next seasons potential signings, besides I've still heard we are going back in for Moutinho who A: wont be cheap and B: is one of THE BEST attacking midfielders in europe.

COYB'S its been another great season....so far :)

I dont understand why some expect kranjcar to be a replacement for Arteta thats if we go in for him, they dont play the same positions Arteta is a central midfielder and kranjcar is and attacking midfielder who is very good on the wing aswell.

I would asume if he came here Moyes would use him on the right and have Pienaar on the left as usual or swap them around and at £6mil i would definitely go in for him he is a very underrated Prem player who would add much needed width to our team.

On the subject of selling Pienaar its a no for me i can see where Craccer is coming from at the end of the day its a good profit the only problem is that for the money we would get for him we would struggle to find someone to fill his boots and if not an already Prem proven player we would be taking a big risk on whether they could adapt to the game over here. I would keep Pienaar and bring in Kranjar to opperate down the other wing if we had a fully fit squad then we could have a good bench with Osman Rodwell and co ready and waiting.

I dont think any of the top four would go in for him as Arsenal have Arshavin and an abundance of midfield talent United dont need him and Chelsea dont and i can't see the shite going in for him either the only clubs that may do would be Spurs obviously those clowns at Newcastle.

----------------Howard

Neville-----Jags----Lescott-----Baines

----------------Fellaini

Kranjar--------Arteta----------Pienaar

------------Cahill

---------------------Saha/Yakubu

Edited by EFC-Paul

it would be good to get the 18 million plus from the champions league wouldnt it lol

but no i want pienarr to stay but i would also like kranjcar move pienarr to the right would be good or if krancjcar can play on the right put him on the right

Sorry Mike I must come in and defend not only the player but also the club, Osman cost us nowt and has been a regular starter for 4/5 years, for a team that in those years has become a top 6 club and regularly makes it into Europe.

"a championship player, :o not good enough to start in a decent Premiership ship team, ," :o He is and he has been doing it for Everton FC. ;)

Oh and by the way .... its nice to see you back. :)

i will stand by it, he's a useful player, but he couldn't get a game 18 months ago when we had a midfield and only gets one now because we don't have anyone else. i wouldn't want to sell him really because as you say he's cost nothing and he's a success story of the club, but he's still not european quality IMO.

thanks by the way, i would say it's nice to be back, but we'll see how long it lasts...for now it's all good

Edited by CraccerC

i will stand by it, he's a useful player, but he couldn't get a game 18 months ago when we had a midfield and only gets one now because we don't have anyone else. i wouldn't want to sell him really because as you say he's cost nothing and he's a success story of the club, but he's still not european quality IMO.

thanks by the way, i would say it's nice to be back, but we'll see how long it lasts...for now it's all good

Can't really argue with that. He's a great squad player but if we have true ambitions of success then that is all he should be.

Mike: Great result for Atletico last night. Forlan's first was a fucking blinder. (I think i'm right in thinking you follow Atletico.. maybe i'm just making shit up). About time they got themselves sorted though, defensivly looked very week recently. I really though Heitinga would be a hit in Spain, he was class at Ajax, but has been pretty gash tbh

it always makes sense to sell if you can replace with a better player.

fellaini was a panic buy and shouldn't have cost 15 million. pienaar is decent but that's it, personally i don't think he's worth much over 6.

No it doesnt not when your squad is as small as ours, by all means buy better players but we need to INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE SQUAD!!

No it doesnt not when your squad is as small as ours, by all means buy better players but we need to INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE SQUAD!!

bit contradictory, make your mind up. we buy better players or we don't. the size of the squad is a problem but if you can improve the starting 11 by selling one and buying one then of course is makes sense

Guest efctaxi

I agree .

All our players should be at least 8 ft tall :)

Evertonbigsquad.jpg

why all of a sudden do people think cranjar is a great player...hes no better than stevie p its stevie for me plus im sure stevie younger.

Kranjcar is 24 and Pienaar is 27 so 3 years younger mate, I wouldn't say Pienaar is a better player then Kranjcar far from it, We know how weak we are down the right hand side and its a position that we have really lacked in at times so to have a player like Kranjcar on either side would only make us a much better side he would add width and another big goal threat from midfield.

I would keep Pienaar and bring him in then its job done our midfield albeit Arteta returns from injury the same player would be much more balanced.

well ime shocked over the ages i didnt think that...anyway im not against good players in but if hes as good as Everton 1 thinks he is wont the top 4 want him...and has he played this year i dont ever recalling watching him if he has played.watching west brom sat two players impressed me morrison and koren boyh would make good squad players..both will be availlable when west brom go down.

He said he wouldn't leave Portsmouth for years to come and Redknapp said he would not leave Portsmouth for any price putting of any perspective buyer's and he also seemed to have a very strong bond with his manager http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Kranj%C4%8Dar it also says since Redknapp left for Spurs he has since wanted to leave for a bigger club so unless Spurs come in for him i think we have a good shout at landing him.

IMO Kranjcar is not all what he is cracked up to be and I'm not at all certain he would be right for us. However as this is the Pienaar thread why are we talking about a replacement for him when he hasn't gone nor has he asked to go. Given the right offer I would not object to him being sold as he has seldom produced a telling pass in the area. This lad works his arse off, there can be no question about that but for all that work his end product is poor. In 10 months time he will be off to the ANC, at a hectic time of the year we will lose his services. We have too many Africans in the team so if we can show a health profit by selling one of them..................makes sense to me

IMO Kranjcar is not all what he is cracked up to be and I'm not at all certain he would be right for us. However as this is the Pienaar thread why are we talking about a replacement for him when he hasn't gone nor has he asked to go. Given the right offer I would not object to him being sold as he has seldom produced a telling pass in the area. This lad works his arse off, there can be no question about that but for all that work his end product is poor. In 10 months time he will be off to the ANC, at a hectic time of the year we will lose his services. We have too many Africans in the team so if we can show a health profit by selling one of them..................makes sense to me

True, wasn't he not getting regular 1st team opportunities at Pompey not so long ago? Anyway i like Stevie. He runs his ass off, got nice little feet, and he has the deepest voice for a small person i have ever heard.

Think Barry White meets Verne Troyer :lol:

Edited by tenaciousj

He was injured, not not being played.

Yup. It's a bit like what Rubin thought about Pienaar when they came in for him in January. They said that they thought they could sign him becasue he does not play every game, which was untrue becasue he had been injured for most of the season! Obviously they have a very good scout putting in the work!

And back to Krankjar, I rate him. I thought he looked very good last season, was a constant threat. Though when he has played this season I think he has either been unfit or after Diarra left the club the whole midfieldhas been weakend. His attacking potential has been stiffeled because the defensive element of the midfield has been taken away.

I think he would be great for us, plus whoeve siad if he was that good then why are the top 4 not looking at him. Well Man Utd looked at him in the summer and Wenger has spoken about him alot and is a vocal admirer of him.

How is it contradictory? If we buy a player without selling another it INCREASES THE SIZE OF THE SQUAD

it's contradictory because the first post that you quoted referred to it making sense to sell players if you can buy better. you then said that this makes no sense and then proceeded with suggesting 'by all means buy better players' and then onto your theory of how increasing the squad is more important. is selling a player and buying a better one not buying a better player? if i'm wrong in assuming that there is some direct relationship here then i apologise, otherwise isn't it contradictory?

oh, jamie, atletico were brilliant...loved it. you're not wrong on forlan that was class, didn't expect aresult in that one either to be fair but happy days

Edited by CraccerC

it's contradictory because the first post that you quoted referred to it making sense to sell players if you can buy better. you then said that this makes no sense and then proceeded with suggesting 'by all means buy better players' and then onto your theory of how increasing the squad is more important. is selling a player and buying a better one not buying a better player? if i'm wrong in assuming that there is some direct relationship here then i apologise, otherwise isn't it contradictory?

oh, jamie, atletico were brilliant...loved it. you're not wrong on forlan that was class, didn't expect aresult in that one either to be fair but happy days

Bring on Real at the weekend eh? The director for the film I am currently producing is a season ticket holder at Atletico so watched the game with him. Needless to say he was happy. Kun Kun Kun Kun

I dont know where you are getting that idea from because I have never once said or even intimated that it would make sense to sell anybody.

You seem to be missing my point completely so I will try and break it down into easy to follow steps for you

STEP 1. Purchase player or players that can improve the squad

STEP 2. There is no step 2 because WE CANT AFFORD TO SELL ANTBODY BECAUSE THE SQUAD IS ALREADY TOO SMALL

It has been a blessing in disguise that we were dumped out of the UEFA and Carling Cups early doors this year because this squad wouldnt have been able to cope with all the extra games.

So to me it is obvious we need a bigger squad for next season especially taken into account the new format of the Europa Cup and we are not going to achieve that by selling our best players

I dont know where you are getting that idea from because I have never once said or even intimated that it would make sense to sell anybody.

You seem to be missing my point completely so I will try and break it down into easy to follow steps for you

STEP 1. Purchase player or players that can improve the squad

STEP 2. There is no step 2 because WE CANT AFFORD TO SELL ANTBODY BECAUSE THE SQUAD IS ALREADY TOO SMALL

It has been a blessing in disguise that we were dumped out of the UEFA and Carling Cups early doors this year because this squad wouldnt have been able to cope with all the extra games.

So to me it is obvious we need a bigger squad for next season especially taken into account the new format of the Europa Cup and we are not going to achieve that by selling our best players

Step 1 . Kranjcar would improve the squad, even if we sold pienaar

Step 2. The above wouldn't be increasing the size of squad

i can see us losing a player or two, but i dont think stevie will be one of them.

vdm, jacobsen, castillo, victor maybe, probably kissock, but i dont think we expected rodwell and gosling to step up this year, i expect baxter to do the same next year.

Step 1 . Kranjcar would improve the squad, even if we sold pienaar

Step 2. The above wouldn't be increasing the size of squad

And your point is??????

I have agreed that Krancjar would be a decent signing but you obviously want us to reduce the size of the squad for some bizzare reason.

Thank god your not the manager!

And your point is??????

I have agreed that Krancjar would be a decent signing but you obviously want us to reduce the size of the squad for some bizzare reason.

Here, here, it'd be fucking ridiculous to sell pienaar. He and Krancjar can play in the same team.

And your point is??????

my point, as i've already pointed out, is that is contradictory... jesus

thank good you're not the manager, at least i can fucking subtract and add. 11-1+1 = ???? any guesses?

Edited by StevO