IGNORED

Pienaar

my point, as i've already pointed out, is that is contradictory... jesus

thank good you're not the manager, at least i can fucking subtract and add. 11-1+1 = ???? any guesses?

:D:P I sincerely hope you are not as thick as you sound. I have said by all means buy Krancjar but dont sell Piennar there is no contradiction

Oh and congratulations on your stunning grasp on mathematics Im sure your Mum is really proud!!

:P:D

Edited by StevO

:D:P I sincerely hope you are not as thick as you sound. I have said by all means buy Krancjar but dont sell Piennar there is no contradiction

Oh and congratulations on your stunning grasp on mathematics Im sure your Mum is really proud!!

:P:D

He is, honest! he'll just keep boring you to death. Just dont bother replying

He is, honest! he'll just keep boring you to death. Just dont bother replying

Yep. I remember him arguing a case for us to sign hosam ghaly after ridiculing me for saying we should sign darren fletcher (one of united's most consistent performers this season) - hind sight is a wonderful thing! - or knowledge is the bomb!

I think he is ok, he has his opinions that some disagree with but he stands by them and speaks his mind. He is what this forum is about opinions and he is not afraid to offer his even if it causes conflict, tho i do agree he sometimes goes over the top, but many times when he reflects on this he apologises for it.

Edited by scouse

Nico IS quality, one of the best young attacking midfielders in the league either on the wing or in the centre. Experienced international in a quality team aswell.

Lets be honest everyone we would love to have this guy in the squad this season and imagine if we do get him for next season???? A fully fit midfield of nico,arteta,cahill,pienaar and fellaini...... personally outside of the top 4 that is by far the best!!! with people like ozzie,rodwell,gosling etc to come off the bench.

And the touted price of £6million is a steal especially as at the start of the season he was reported to have turned down a £13mill switch to arsenal.

For me the only other position I still feel we could do with is a real top class ball winner as still not to sure what fellaini's best position is for me.

So in answer to this rumour its a HELL YEAH from me to buying nico, and without doubt him and peanuts could play in the same team and if a game isnt going well for us nico,arteta,peanuts are all versatile and can swap positions easily.....it works for man utd,chelsea,arsenal etc.

COYB and I really hope this rumour is true and would prove yet again what a canny manager moyes is in the transfer market.

Nico IS quality, one of the best young attacking midfielders in the league either on the wing or in the centre. Experienced international in a quality team aswell.

Lets be honest everyone we would love to have this guy in the squad this season and imagine if we do get him for next season???? A fully fit midfield of nico,arteta,cahill,pienaar and fellaini...... personally outside of the top 4 that is by far the best!!! with people like ozzie,rodwell,gosling etc to come off the bench.

And the touted price of £6million is a steal especially as at the start of the season he was reported to have turned down a £13mill switch to arsenal.

For me the only other position I still feel we could do with is a real top class ball winner as still not to sure what fellaini's best position is for me.

So in answer to this rumour its a HELL YEAH from me to buying nico, and without doubt him and peanuts could play in the same team and if a game isnt going well for us nico,arteta,peanuts are all versatile and can swap positions easily.....it works for man utd,chelsea,arsenal etc.

COYB and I really hope this rumour is true and would prove yet again what a canny manager moyes is in the transfer market.

Agree 100% mate

great post, agree 100% niko would walk onto are right wing, his twice the player osman is and he is a deadly set piece taker which would take the pressure of Mikel.

I haven't seen Portsmouth much but I haven't noticed Nico doing anything of any note this season, which suggests one season wonder to me. He never looked the quickest player so, like Arteta before him, I don't think he would be able to cut it season in, season out on the wing. Both Nico and Bentley looked good last year but I always said Arteta was the better player and this season he's proved it, I'd rather keep Pienaar and get someone young and exciting who has genuine pace to give us a different dimension on the wing. If we signed him I would be fairly happy with it but I think money would be better spent getting someone on the right wing with pace, then Osman could be cover for the wing and CM.

I wouldnt definitely want to get rid of Pienaar. Hes very good player of ours and i rate him highly on our squad. we just got him secured for us lately, so why we would to offload him? I dont understand. even i think Krancjar is also good, why would we get rid of Peanuts beofr ebuying him, if hes even available for acceptable transfer prize

the intelligence of some people on here is incredible. mckenzie, could effort mate...epic fail. if you think you came out on top of that, wow.

zed, welcome back twit...nothing to do with you. but then you are on a level of your own, i'm not going to stoop to your level and offer to come round to your estate and fight you.

• 2 months later...

This is irritating having most of our star players linked with moves away from Everton :angry:

So we havent given Pienaar a new deal, does that mean he's out the door? We only signed him permanently last year, there's no way I could see him leaving us right now. If he has a good season in 2009-10 then give him a new contract, but there's no way he should leave now, plus if he did then the left side of midfield would be another spot on the field we'd have to fill :angry:

Pathetic journalism. He signed a three year deal last summer and according to the mail he's "eighteen months" into it.

Why do they do that? Is the journo really that stupid that he can't do the maths? Or does he just not bother to check and invents a stat to give his "story" the tiniest bit of credibility?

People actually get paid to write that shit, that's what truly amazes me :sad01_anim: .

Guest efctaxi

I mentioned that he wasn't on a long term contract some time ago , and a few lads said let him earn it which I thought was fair enough .

I don't see this as too much of a worry .

Barcelona , Real , Inter , then yes , but Athletico ?

I mentioned that he wasn't on a long term contract some time ago , and a few lads said let him earn it which I thought was fair enough .

I don't see this as too much of a worry .

Barcelona , Real , Inter , then yes , but Athletico ?

They are playing CL again next year, and i wouldn't be suprised if they got involved in the title race.

But I'm not to worried, I think Pienaar knows he will have massive competition to get in the starting eleven, they have some great wingers and midfielders IMO

+ he's man of the season at toffeetalk, Surely he isn't going to leave that title undefended :lol:

+ he's man of the season at toffeetalk, Surely he isn't going to leave that title undefended :lol:

Classic Vegas showmanship : leave on a high note! .. Always leave them wanting more.

Although this is known to backfire, for reference see the Costanza-Kruger debacle :).

Edited by holystove

Give him a new contract NOW. He has proven himself and as we have been handing out new long term contracts to key players surely it is time to hand a contract extension to Pienaar. I think he is a very loyal player and will stay if we treat him with respect and offer him a new deal.

Give him a new contract NOW. He has proven himself and as we have been handing out new long term contracts to key players surely it is time to hand a contract extension to Pienaar. I think he is a very loyal player and will stay if we treat him with respect and offer him a new deal.

dont be daft, he has another year before we can start panicking like that.

and to the journo, who has a contract that ends in the winter?!

Yes time is running out!! :huh:

Do players need a new contract every year to feel respected?

Apparently. Don't forget those rulings that were handed down a couple of years ago where a player (depending on his age) is now allowed to buy out his own contract after 2 or 3 years if he wants and leave the club immediately. I doubt Pienaar would do that, since he is happy here, but it's just one more sword to hold over the clubs' heads.