IGNORED

Pienaar

I will answer a question with a question... When is the last time anybody linked up with Baines down our left hand side?

This. With Pienaar back and Drenthe on the other wing, we might finally have some balance all the way across our midfield. The last time we had that was when Donovan was on loan.

Osman and he done a much better job than Pienaar

Since Pienaar has left our left side has been half as effective as it was, both getting forward and defensively. Im not saying he was the greatest provider, but if you look back at all the goals we scored from open play with him at the club, you would probably find that he has had a large part to play in a majority of them.

Stats don't lie, but they may not always tell the whole story!

The majority of fans shifted opinion of him before he left, and Osman done a much better job. Pienaar ran a lot and little else. Pienaar had one of the easiest jobs in football to jus lay the ball off to Baines and he even struggled to do that at times with his wasteful 'skills' and shocking final ball. Then there's his shooting his goals to shot ratio would even make Tony Hibbert blush.

I agree he wasn't the perfect wide man, but centrally he was fine. Baines has been a shaddow of himself since Pienaar left. He had a very good assist rate too. He kept fairly fit, and gave the team flair. We were playing wonderful football not too long ago, and he was a big reason why.

Pienaar never

So we bring a player back who we couldnt agree a contract with, or couldnt afford, and not only pay his wages but also loan fee?? Im not a genius with money but that doesnt make any sense to me. Then again neither does paying 3 million for a player who you bleat on about being intrestesd in the boy and then leave him out the team week in week out! Then ttheres also the fact Pienaar wanted CL football, well he did get the one game didnt he.

I agree that He was never a very good delivery man nor was his shooting ability but the graft He put in and the running He did along with Baines opended teams up and stats or not you can't say the partnership of Baines and Pienaar did not work.

For Me we had one of the best flanks in the League in those two and I'm with Bailey on having him back in his old spot and drafting Drethe over to the right with Coleman.

I think we could cause teams some trouble with the above and I would have him back in a flash, oh and Osman is a woeful wide man in the middle of the park is where He belongs other then that the bench is his next best position.

This. With Pienaar back and Drenthe on the other wing, we might finally have some balance all the way across our midfield. The last time we had that was when Donovan was on loan.

Rather get Donovan back on loan than Pienaar. Seems to have gone quiet on him, thought there'd be more hype to get him back again around about now.

I've already had this debate can't find it, but Osman pisses all over Pienaar. Think Osmans stats were twice as good (which still isn't the best) but he's in and out the team and got played all over the park. If Osman was first choice ahead of Pienaar we would have got more goals and finished higher.