1. 1. Should Moyes be sacked

• Yes
    • No
    • Sat on the fence

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you guys but I'm finding the negativity on the forum, mainly from one or two in particular very boring, and it's getting people thinking negatively too. Toffeetalk was always a positive place to hang out, but lately it's a haven for crybabies and pessimism.

Any chance of trying to find some positives folks? There is still much to be happy about, even if things aren't perfect.

Heck, when the Titanic sank, some folks carried on playing instruments, and some said "stuff this, I'm jumping in the first life boat that comes along". Our ship isn't sinking just yet, and there are plenty of fans from other teams who would love to sail in the good ship Everton and slap their badge on her, so how about stop whining and spreading negativity all over the place?

It's ugly.

I don't know about you guys but I'm finding the negativity on the forum, mainly from one or two in particular very boring, and it's getting people thinking negatively too. Toffeetalk was always a positive place to hang out, but lately it's a haven for crybabies and pessimism.

Any chance of trying to find some positives folks? There is still much to be happy about, even if things aren't perfect.

Heck, when the Titanic sank, some folks carried on playing instruments, and some said "stuff this, I'm jumping in the first life boat that comes along". Our ship isn't sinking just yet, and there are plenty of fans from other teams who would love to sail in the good ship Everton and slap their badge on her, so how about stop whining and spreading negativity all over the place?

It's ugly.

I agree 16th in the league would see us just about survive. A tough run of games where parking the bus isn't enough to judge us on. It's not like our wins against fulham and Blackburn weren't thoroughly deserved and we managed a smash and grab. Throw in the odd freak result where we were beaten deservedly by QPR and it aint so bad.

Sorry for the sarcasm, better than swearing.

Av, do the poll results not prove anything?

The poll and the negativity are 2 different things J.

I don't know about you mate but I'm tired of reading pessimism. Better things to do with my time, especially given my situation.

A few lads wouldn't know what hit them if they had real life issues to deal with. I wouldn't mind so much, but the lads who moan the most don't even go to the match. It's comical.

By the way I voted yes to the sack.

It's not a real yes and I will explain why.

Moyes under his current performance, mentality, behaviour pattern etc says to me "thanks for everything David, we need a new outlook, brand of football, etc etc"

If moyes is prepared to look at where we are, the players he seems to favour, his decision making, tactics and agree that he has to evolve then give him the time. I really can't put it any straighter than that. Found out? Lost the plot? Bored? Disillusioned? Not as good as we thought? One of them does apply and it needs addressing.

It's ugly.

I think the fact that most the posters on here are independent(compared to the bandwagoners of other blues forums), is more worrying as it shows how poor Moyes has been/become. The majority on here are not quick to jump on his back(more like the opposite), but there's been a slow shift over the last 2 years as he keeps adding straw to the camels back every week. He's not the Moysiah, he's jus a very stubborn boy

I don't know about you mate but I'm tired of reading pessimism. Better things to do with my time, especially given my situation.

A few lads wouldn't know what hit them if they had real life issues to deal with. I wouldn't mind so much, but the lads who moan the most don't even go to the match. It's comical.

a few lads may not be able to go the match because of real life issues.

If you don't like the negativity then just don't read it, or go elsewhere. But no one is going to stop posting their views just because you don't like them or don't agree with them.

It's an Everton forum so obviously Everton is what is spoken about, you have no idea what real life issues the members on here have to deal with. Just because they don't publicise them doesn't mean they don't have them.

And I do go the match, just so you know.

I go :D not every week, but every other. I have always been one of the people to take positives, but hand on heart, there haven't been many things to get excitd about this season. Polishing a turd seems apt :lol:

i get what you're sayin though, we could be in bigger shit but the problem i have is the displays can be rectified if he pulls his head out of his Arse and just does what we all know he's capable of!

a few lads may not be able to go the match because of real life issues.

That's great, but 'if you don't put up, then shut up', for want of a better expression applies to many.

I don't think it matters too much who goes or who doesn't, from a passion perspective, but it matters a little if the peeps that don't go, are the peeps who make the most noise, don't you think?

Edited by Avinalaff

That's great Pete, but 'if you don't put up, then shut up', for want of a better expression applies to many.

I don't think it matters too much who goes or who doesn't, from a passion perspective, but it matters a little if the peeps that don't go, are the peeps who make the most noise, don't you think?

I go, just not as often as I like. I'm also not making any more noise than the next person.

If you don't like the negativity then just don't read it, or go elsewhere. But no one is going to stop posting their views just because you don't like them or don't agree with them.

It's an Everton forum so obviously Everton is what is spoken about, you have no idea what real life issues the members on here have to deal with. Just because they don't publicise them doesn't mean they don't have them.

And I do go the match, just so you know.

Romey. Too many of you just like the sound of your own voices when it comes to moaning. You don't look at the bigger picture.

And don't tell me to go elsewhere, just because I object to the negativity. That just makes it personal, and is a total cop out. Objecting to negativity is all part of the debate. Why should content fans become second tier to discontented fans?

It seems you're moaning about my moaning about your moaning. Bit ironic? rolleyes.gif

Romey. Too many of you just like the sound of your own voices when it comes to moaning. You don't look at the bigger picture.

And don't tell me to go elsewhere, just because I object to the negativity. That just makes it personal, and is a total cop out. Objecting to negativity is all part of the debate. Why should content fans become second tier to discontented fans?

It seems you're moaning about my moaning about your moaning. Bit ironic? rolleyes.gif

Ironic you ask Romey not to make it personal as your next post after "That's great Pete, but 'if you don't put up, then shut up'"

I'm not moaning about your moaning though, and I'm not saying that you should go elsewhere, but that the option is there if you really don't like what other member's are saying. I wasn't suggesting that any one who objects to negativity is second tier at all or that you shouldn't object to it. Infact, you're the one trying to stifle opinion by saying people who have a negative view should stop with it. People have differing opinions and viewpoints, on a forum especially (seeing as that's the whole point), deal with it.

So please stop trying to paint yourself as a victim, it's getting tiresome. There was nothing personal in it.

I'm not moaning about your moaning though, and I'm not saying that you should go elsewhere, but that the option is there if you really don't like what other member's are saying. I wasn't suggesting that any one who objects to negativity is second tier at all or that you shouldn't object to it. Infact, you're the one trying to stifle opinion by saying people who have a negative view should stop with it. People have differing opinions and viewpoints, on a forum especially (seeing as that's the whole point), deal with it.

So please stop trying to paint yourself as a victim, it's getting tiresome. There was nothing personal in it.

I'm no victim Romey.

I speak my mind. I don't look down from my private little mod tower and discuss the peasants. I treat all the same, with no favouritism or hatred either way, so let's not go there with that one please.

If you aren't happy, go support another club. See how that sounds? wink.png It's bollox innit?

I understand why you aren't happy, and others too, but I don't see any logic in any of your arguments, or any sensitivity to our current situation as a club.

Many want to moan, but nobody is willing to offer a solution.

What is the biggest moan by far?

Answer: We have no money.

If you ask the person if they go to the match, often they will say no, but they still complain the club have no money.

Next biggest moan? ............. and so on.

Write down everything you are unhappy with about the club, and argue against it, and see if you can rectify any of it. See if any of what you are unhappy about is fixable. If it is, then we can moan that the club aren't fixing it. If it's not fixable, then the club can't fix it, and no amount of moaning will help.

None of it is David Moyes' fault. Any decision he makes is a reflection of the situation. He can't bring Messi or Ronaldo on, so he brings Neville on for example. There are many factors to consider, but most don't, and when those that do point them out, they are frowned upon for not jumping on side with the masses.

All a bit limp really. At the end of the day, it's a game.

I and many like me don't just come here to talk about football, but for many conversations. If it was just football, I wouldn't come, as football is not the be all and end all of my life.

I'm no victim Romey.

I speak my mind. I don't look down from my private little mod tower and discuss the peasants. I treat all the same, with no favouritism or hatred either way, so let's not go there with that one please.

If you aren't happy, go support another club. See how that sounds? wink.png It's bollox innit?

I understand why you aren't happy, and others too, but I don't see any logic in any of your arguments, or any sensitivity to our current situation as a club.

If you ask the person if they go to the match, often they will say no, but they still complain the club have no money.

Write down everything you are unhappy with about the club, and argue against it, and see if you can rectify any of it. See if any of what you are unhappy about is fixable. If it is, then we can moan that the club aren't fixing it. If it's not fixable, then the club can't fix it, and no amount of moaning will help.

None of it is David Moyes' fault. Any decision he makes is a reflection of the situation. He can't bring Messi or Ronaldo on, so he brings Neville on for example. There are many factors to consider, but most don't, and when those that do point them out, they are frowned upon for not jumping on side with the masses.

I and many like me don't just come here to talk about football, but for many conversations. If it was just football, I wouldn't come, as football is not the be all and end all of my life.

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing, using my mod status in this argument rolleyes.gif . Get real, that wasn't in my thinking at all. You're no victim? You sure do like to create an us and them thing all the time.

I'll say this for you again, just incase you didn't see it the first time - I wasn't saying that you should go elsewhere. Read it this time? Good.

And I don't see much logic in your arguments for why people shouldn't talk about their concerns, but I'm not telling to keep it to yourself.

So just because we can't rectify the problems that surround the club means we can't talk about it? That's just crap. And no one thinks that by moaning anything will be fixed, we know boardmembers of Everton don't come on here and read about our concerns, but that's not why we post them. We post them to get them off our chest, to discuss them with fellow fans, whether they disagree with those concerns or not.

Nobody has jumped on you for not agreeing with the masses. It's you that has jumped on people for being negative!

I know this place isn't just for football talk, but that is it's main function, and currently things aren't all that rosey for this football club, so it's going to be discussed whether you like it or not. If you don't want to read it, then you don't have to, but it's wrong for you to request for it not to be discussed. This place would get awfully quiet if we just swept it under the carpet.

I'm no victim Romey.

Money is the main problem and that isn't totally Moyes' fault but he did sign Bily for £8-9m - when Adam Johnson was a cheaper option at Boro (at the time) and N'Zogboa had cost Wigan £6m in the transfer window earlier. He signed Beattie for £6m when Ashton cost £3m in that same window and Kroldrup... no comment - so partly Moyes has been to blame for not spending well when he's had substantial money (his other signings speak for themselves) but the fact remains the main route of our problems is money and that's little fault of Moyes.

As for decision making... no we don't have a Messi or Ronaldo (and I'm pretty sure they'd both start if we had them!!!) and yes we do have Phillip Neville but when Phillip comes off injured in the 1st half and we're 2-0 down fams don't want to see a centre back coming on to replace him and when 1-0 down vs a newly promoted side at home playing 4-5-1 then people don't want to see the only striker taken off for a midfielder...

Sometimes Moyes' decisions disappoint me tactically - it's as if he's stubborn at times but I love the man and would be gutted if he were to leave. I say leave as he's too expensive to be sacked and BK wouldn't dream of doing that because of the loyalty he's already shown/ mutual respect.

I'm no victim Romey.

Well unlike you I do come here to talk about Everton considering it is a forum for Evertonians and if I want to come on here and have a moan about the gradual decline of our club on and off the pitch then I will do, thankyou very much. If you dont like it then please put me on ignore, because likewise I am getting bored of your continual no money, bigger picture crap. We havent had money for years and we have done quite alright up until now, and while I appreciate things are tighter than they were it is not an excuse for the players or manager to put in the shite performances they have been doing for the most part of this season. Not when they are the ones bleeding the money out of the club.

I actually voted no, firslty because it would cost to much to sack him, but secondly because I just wish he would get a frigging grip and stop putting out the same shite almost every week. However, current form dictates we cant keep him around much longer, as in truth I cant think of a game this season that we have deserved to win, or barely any where we deserved a point. Something has to change, I hope it can be Moyes, but if not then thanks for all you have done but I expect a letter of resignation in the post.