1. 1. Should Moyes be sacked

• Yes
    • No
    • Sat on the fence

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well unlike you I do come here to talk about Everton considering it is a forum for Evertonians and if I want to come on here and have a moan about the gradual decline of our club on and off the pitch then I will do, thankyou very much. If you dont like it then please put me on ignore, because likewise I am getting bored of your continual no money, bigger picture crap. We havent had money for years and we have done quite alright up until now, and while I appreciate things are tighter than they were it is not an excuse for the players or manager to put in the shite performances they have been doing for the most part of this season. Not when they are the ones bleeding the money out of the club.

I actually voted no, firslty because it would cost to much to sack him, but secondly because I just wish he would get a frigging grip and stop putting out the same shite almost every week. However, current form dictates we cant keep him around much longer, as in truth I cant think of a game this season that we have deserved to win, or barely any where we deserved a point. Something has to change, I hope it can be Moyes, but if not then thanks for all you have done but I expect a letter of resignation in the post.

Bailey, moan all you want to mate, but this is a forum, and those that don't agree with you will let you know.

Why should those of us who don't like it have to shut up and say nothing?

I've tried not to be negative in my recent posts, I'm looking more for a reason to our current situation, but when you look at the results so far, and the performances so far it's hard not to be disheartened and negative. And yes we have done wonders in previous seasons with little cash, but it has finally caught up with us. Again is it Moyes's fault? No? But he and he alone dictates who steps on that field and what position they play, and so far this season it's not been good! I think last season wasn't great, but the team and Moyes redeemed themselves by putting in some cracking displays and results against the top 5 teams, this season it hasn't happened so far and if we don't start getting results against the likes of Bolton(who just won 5-0 eek) then we r right royally buggered because we stand no chance against man utd Chelsea etc in the return fixtures.

Will my life change if we get relegated? No. But I love my club I have since I was 8, and I don't get to see them play often because of work but I follow religiously on text, radio, website, Facebook and here, it doesn't make me less of a fan, and I for one don't want us to end up like Leeds utd!

Moyes is dealing with 'millions' of pounds of investment, and the hearts of many. He's not running a paper shop.

He has to make decisions based on what he feels best for the club, not the fans. It would be very easy to play different players, and take risks, but if those risks don't come off, the club get relegated.

Long gone are the days when Everton were a leading force in football, if in fact we've ever been. Now, we are 'just another club' in a very competitive league. Many of our fans are unable to grasp this, and instead have elevated our status in their own minds far too high.

Why is playing in the Premiership not good enough for people? You get to watch all the other clubs week in week out, and have a fair crack every week of beating them. To think we can compete against the best teams in the world is simply crazy.

We finished 7th last year.

Is that not a great finish for a club like ours with no money? Some clubs were relegated, and now have to watch Championship clubs every week instead.

Was that not an exceptional result from Moyes considering all the facts?

If we survive this season, and get to play in the Premiership again next season, is that not yet another exceptional result from Moyes?

I'm starting to think that Bluesky was right in his assessment lately.

I think the problem that most of us are really worried about this season is staying up! Like I said time and time again we r already down on last year because we've lost points to Chelsea etc, and Moyes doesn't look like changing our tactics so we can beat lower teams home and away and get our points that way.

Ahh, I get it now.

Sorry Haf, I thought it was PeteO that said about going to the match. Didn't notice it was you. I should have checked. rolleyes.gif

That's quite a coincidence actually. I assure you I wouldn't use anybody's name, and don't expect anybody to use mine either.

No worries! Hello everyone my name is pete, call me haf, hafnia, or when moment takes you helmet..,

i voted yes, but tbh i should have 'sat on the fence' reason being i think maybe we should wait and see what happens over the next 5-6 games which are all games e should be getting points from, if we cant get at least 12 points, then yes i do think its P45 time for Davie, as im really not sure he has it in him to change his philosophy that much, but we will see, lets give him a few more games and see what happens, but he HAS to change his outlook and fast, im fed up of hearing about how we have lost this player and that player, we still have some fucking good players left, and we are way better than the likes of Norwich or Swansea and look where they are in the table

come on Davie pull your fucking finger out NOW!!!

By the way I voted yes to the sack.

It's not a real yes and I will explain why.

Moyes under his current performance, mentality, behaviour pattern etc says to me "thanks for everything David, we need a new outlook, brand of football, etc etc"

If moyes is prepared to look at where we are, the players he seems to favour, his decision making, tactics and agree that he has to evolve then give him the time. I really can't put it any straighter than that. Found out? Lost the plot? Bored? Disillusioned? Not as good as we thought? One of them does apply and it needs addressing.

Just as a matter of interest who are these mythical favourite players that he refuses to drop?

Jags for starters, Cahill when fit, Osman, Coleman is not exactly setting the world alight at the moment

Throw in Neville - anything more than the bench is favouritism IMO.

The fact that we have a 17 year old future star sitting on the bench whilst seasoned pros go through the motions says it all.

Sick and tired of seeing woods and round nodding like obedient little boys whilst he ponders his next shite substitution,

Throw in Neville - anything more than the bench is favouritism IMO.

The fact that we have a 17 year old future star sitting on the bench whilst seasoned pros go through the motions says it all.

Sick and tired of seeing woods and round nodding like obedient little boys whilst he ponders his next shite substitution,

Moyes has said that Barkleys form has dipped in training and that is why he isnt playing and I think thats a little unfair on Neville to say he shouldnt even make the bench although I do agree he has been poor this season

Spurs postponed

Newcastle 2-1 Everton

Everton 0-1 Man Utd

Fulham 1-3 Everton

Chelsea 3-1 Everton

Everton 0-2 Liverpool

Man City 2-0 Everton

Everton 3-1 Wigan

Everton 2-2 Aston Villa

Blackburn 0-1 Everton

Everton 0-1 QPR

TOTAL POINTS = 10

Show me a harder start to the season anywhere in our history please. huh.png

In our first 10 matches, we faced newly promoted QPR, followed by newly invested Blackburn, then with the exception of Wigan, every match has been against the best sides in the league, with only Arsenal not involved.

How many points could we realistically have hoped for, against these sides?

.......................................................................................................................

Points last year after 10 games: 15

Year before : 14

Much easier starts though in the above 2 seasons.

We just seem bereft of any real leadership at present. Nobody who drives us forward and picks us up, this is a criticism of the players as much as the manager

Moyes seems to have reverted to hope something turns up tactics - insofar as we dont make changes to the way we play regardless of opposition or match situations. Money would be nice but if Moyes was handed £50million in the transfer window do you reckon we would be playing attacking football with 2 up top by February?

I'm just unsure at the moment and it could be the whole atmosphere surrounding the club being very negative. A few wins could turn it round but I am very worried about the future

We just seem bereft of any real leadership at present. Nobody who drives us forward and picks us up, this is a criticism of the players as much as the manager

Moyes seems to have reverted to hope something turns up tactics - insofar as we dont make changes to the way we play regardless of opposition or match situations. Money would be nice but if Moyes was handed £50million in the transfer window do you reckon we would be playing attacking football with 2 up top by February?

I'm just unsure at the moment and it could be the whole atmosphere surrounding the club being very negative. A few wins could turn it round but I am very worried about the future

The problem is £50m will only buy a share in a world class player these days. How much did City's side cost?

I'll tell you. Their 25 selection cost £816 million. That's an average of £32m per player if my maths is correct (it often isn't).

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/coulsontom/coulsontom/21/manchester-city-squad-of-25-cost-816million/

The problem is £50m will only buy a share in a world class player these days. How much did City's side cost?

I'll tell you. Their 25 selection cost £816 million. That's an average of £32m per player if my maths is correct (it often isn't).

http://my.telegraph....ost-816million/

My point is the money is irrelevant. He only seems to know 1 way to play. No ingenuity, no risk taking. I have just come to expect a bit more from him and thus far this season he has been nothing short of shit. Im not saying he should be sacked but I think he needs to look at how he approaches things

Those figures are very misleading - and include a number of years future wages too!

But yes, the squad cost a fortune and whilst it doesn't guarantee success, it bloody helps - a LOT

It's no coincidence that the big spenders of yesterday have been United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I think you have to basically discount City and Chelsea- they aren't 'normal' cases

The whole problem is 'barrier to entry' in the CL and in reality, you're unlikely to get into it without spending, and certainly not going to stay in it unless you do!

But how many clubs CAN spend? not many - it's the root cause of most of football club's troubles. The distribution of wealth is crap and it's making for unfair competition. It's always been that way, but it's worse than ever now. Clubs like Villa, Everton, Newcastle (and City a few ago) stand next to no chance to of making the money that the CL clubs do now. It's crap, just crap.

How many years have we been using the term 'top 4'? quite a few - because for most clubs the only challenge they have is to come 5/6!!!

It's not a level playing field, it's unlikely to be one in the future either. Too much money, too much greed and too much corruption in the game.

Those figures are very misleading - and include a number of years future wages too!

But yes, the squad cost a fortune and whilst it doesn't guarantee success, it bloody helps - a LOT

It's no coincidence that the big spenders of yesterday have been United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I think you have to basically discount City and Chelsea- they aren't 'normal' cases

The whole problem is 'barrier to entry' in the CL and in reality, you're unlikely to get into it without spending, and certainly not going to stay in it unless you do!

But how many clubs CAN spend? not many - it's the root cause of most of football club's troubles. The distribution of wealth is crap and it's making for unfair competition. It's always been that way, but it's worse than ever now. Clubs like Villa, Everton, Newcastle (and City a few ago) stand next to no chance to of making the money that the CL clubs do now. It's crap, just crap.

How many years have we been using the term 'top 4'? quite a few - because for most clubs the only challenge they have is to come 5/6!!!

It's not a level playing field, it's unlikely to be one in the future either. Too much money, too much greed and too much corruption in the game.

Bluesky, do you run the Daisy Cutter?