IGNORED

Is it time for Moyes to go?

Is it time for Moyes to go?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should Moyes be sacked

• Yes
    • No
    • Sat on the fence

My point is the money is irrelevant. He only seems to know 1 way to play. No ingenuity, no risk taking. I have just come to expect a bit more from him and thus far this season he has been nothing short of shit. Im not saying he should be sacked but I think he needs to look at how he approaches things

Were we playing good football over the last 2 seasons?

I thought we were the best footballing side in the league in patches. How is it that he has no inginuity?

Look lads. When we were faced with the question regarding wanting to sell players to save the club from the banks, everybody put their brave face on, and agreed. Now that we have sold players, and the seasons events haven't gone quite as well as we would have hoped, it's now 'off with Moyes head'.

Isn't it all a bit knee jerky?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those figures are very misleading - and include a number of years future wages too!

But yes, the squad cost a fortune and whilst it doesn't guarantee success, it bloody helps - a LOT

It's no coincidence that the big spenders of yesterday have been United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I think you have to basically discount City and Chelsea- they aren't 'normal' cases

The whole problem is 'barrier to entry' in the CL and in reality, you're unlikely to get into it without spending, and certainly not going to stay in it unless you do!

But how many clubs CAN spend? not many - it's the root cause of most of football club's troubles. The distribution of wealth is crap and it's making for unfair competition. It's always been that way, but it's worse than ever now. Clubs like Villa, Everton, Newcastle (and City a few ago) stand next to no chance to of making the money that the CL clubs do now. It's crap, just crap.

How many years have we been using the term 'top 4'? quite a few - because for most clubs the only challenge they have is to come 5/6!!!

It's not a level playing field, it's unlikely to be one in the future either. Too much money, too much greed and too much corruption in the game.

Bluesky, do you run the Daisy Cutter?

Do I buggery!

I'm just not a fan of what's happening in the game at large. I'll not deny loving City's season in the sun - but that's all it is at the moment, nothing more.

Do I buggery!

I'm just not a fan of what's happening in the game at large. I'll not deny loving City's season in the sun - but that's all it is at the moment, nothing more.

Nothing to do with your views matey. I'm just very familiar with the way some of the City lads post, including the Daisy Cutter lad, and you use the same style as he, and the same - punctuation habits - wink.png

Were we playing good football over the last 2 seasons?

I thought we were the best footballing side in the league in patches. How is it that he has no inginuity?

Look lads. When we were faced with the question regarding wanting to sell players to save the club from the banks, everybody put their brave face on, and agreed. Now that we have sold players, and the seasons events haven't gone quite as well as we would have hoped, it's now 'off with Moyes head'.

Isn't it all a bit knee jerky?

I didnt say I wanted him sacked. I said I would like to see a plan B.

The poll and the negativity are 2 different things J.

I don't know about you mate but I'm tired of reading pessimism. Better things to do with my time, especially given my situation.

A few lads wouldn't know what hit them if they had real life issues to deal with. I wouldn't mind so much, but the lads who moan the most don't even go to the match. It's comical.

This is a bad point Av, you dont know what people are dealing with in real life. A lot of people have major issues in real life and use sport as their relief, a distraction from the difficulties they face in real life. For all you know any of the people you are dealing with may have some very serious issues, but are not happy to discuss them in a public forum where they come to use football to blow off some steam.

Personally, I find it very touch to be positive about Everton at the moment.

This is a bad point Av, you dont know what people are dealing with in real life. A lot of people have major issues in real life and use sport as their relief, a distraction from the difficulties they face in real life. For all you know any of the people you are dealing with may have some very serious issues, but are not happy to discuss them in a public forum where they come to use football to blow off some steam.

Personally, I find it very touch to be positive about Everton at the moment.

sorry av, just seen other people have made this point. i replied before reading the full thread.

Guest rusty747

We have to look at the reality of the situation, not approach it wearing rose tinted glasses. We have no money, little prospect of getting some anytime soon and (with a couple of exceptions) a squad that would only make the reserve side at any top 6/7 club.

I didn't enjoy saying that but it is a fact and we must acknowledge it and work within our limitations and budget.

Moyes can't come out and say that, but that is actually what he is doing - and you name me one other manager that could/would do that with the dignity and results that Moyes has achieved.

If we had 250 mill to spend then things would be very different, but we haven't and Moyes is the best man for the job at the moment.

I ask myself the question, if we were to get some investment, who would be the manager I would want at the helm. For all Moyes's failings, it would still be him. I honestly can't see who we could get in, in our present condition, who would do a better job; at best we would be swapping like for like, but with the inconvenience and distruption that accompanies a change of manager.

I believe Moyes will leave Everton within the next few seasons unless we get that much talked about investment. What happens after that, is not something I particularly feeling excited or confident about.

I ask myself the question, if we were to get some investment, who would be the manager I would want at the helm. For all Moyes's failings, it would still be him. I honestly can't see who we could get in, in our present condition, who would do a better job; at best we would be swapping like for like, but with the inconvenience and distruption that accompanies a change of manager.

I believe Moyes will leave Everton within the next few seasons unless we get that much talked about investment. What happens after that, is not something I particularly feeling excited or confident about.

This.

I was explaining to the missus last night about the 'activity' of users yesterday regarding the Moyes argument, and i started to explain my feelings behind it and the feelings of others against the idea of change. I explained to her that i didn't want him to go or get sacked or any of the above but....She then perks up and says, "I understand, you just want him to change the tactics and way they're playing?"...If my missus can say and see that...f*ck me we're in trouble :lol: She watches it with me occasionally but has not interest. So to say that...!?

Has anyone noticed that he is permanently full of excuses and observations recently? anything from referees, clubs sepnding more than us, confidence etc etc.

One observation I would like for him to make is that his tactics and subs have been costing us dearly, the team do not seem fit - they play in patches and the tempo is way off. We do not break, we get forward, push the ball out wide allowing the opponents to get back and mark up, then our final ball from the likes of coleman, hibbert, osman is shocking more often than not.

By the way I do hope he scolded fellaini for his pathetic yellow card which made him miss the newcastle game, stupidity.

So just so I'm clear, we're all really pissed at his tactics? I mean pissed about a lot of things, but that the most yeah?

Right so, we don't want who in the team exactly? We've got fuck all back up after 11 players so what's the tactics we're going for?

Barkley, a 17 year old who while he may be the most talented prospect in english football right now, is still only 17, and he's expected to start at newcastle and what, create everything and win us the game? "Alright Ross laddy listen, as ye can see we've got a wee problem with winning football matches against the top four teams in the league in not only standing but form as well, we lost a game we should have won because of a red card, and generally we've had the same slow start we've had every season for years now. We could do with winning every game though so could you start every game even though you had a serious triple leg break that almost ended your career, are only 17 and even though you've only featured a wee small amount of games you've got pundits, managers and spectators saying you're incredible, not to mention the newspaper interest that's put price tags of 20 million on you when you haven't even played a full 90 minutes for us in the league? Nice one laddie, that's a good boy."

Could Moyes be holding out til he's signed a contract? Could he also be having a dip in form? Could he also not be the chosen one, our Luke skywalker destined to end the reign of the empire?

Are other bench heroes well let's take a look. Gueye, who had a foot injury at the start of the season and last time i saw him didn't look up to full fitness, Vellios who whilst he's made great impact goals for us would be better suited starting games because we have to tell the young greek amateur we don't have any faith in our best striker. Bilyaletdinov? capable of brilliant goals but otherwise slow anonymous and generally apathetic to the cause.

Howard is our best goalkeeper. Hibbert has been in great form defensively at the back and put in some good crosses. Baines is always consistent. Distin has been strong so far. so Jagielka is a question mark, but maybe Heitinga, who has cost two goals in his two appearances thus far, one of them he did all by himself, isn't setting the world on fire as it is, and maybe Moyes sees how having a consistent back four has helped an average team like Newcastle keep out goals. Sometimes faith in someone is required even if they are not playing their strongest, because we all know how good Jags was, and can be again. Fellaini and Rodwell, if there are any complaints about our two best players this season starting I'm all ears, and Coleman and Drenthe on the wings. Both fast, attack minded and capable of beating the last man. Drenthe is also pretty good with his left foot. So we're replacing Coleman for who? what other wide men do we have? Then what's Moyes left with? Saha in form is a terrific striker, he may not be in form now but he has still scored goals, and against lesser opponents i know he will. Then it's between cahill and Ossie, well even if neither of them are scoring, they still have the instinct, the determination, the caked in spirit to fight to the last minute.

and just to make sure you understand what we've been up against? We've played the top 4, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, and QPR. We lost against the first 5, all in different circumstance, almost all teams either in great form or favoured by luck/refereeing decisions...Villa we drew, wigan, fulham and blackburn all wins, no matter how we got them, and QPR? What you think the promoted teams are shit and should be walked over? Norwich could have beaten Man U at Old Trafford, Swansea could have had the shite at Anfield, even QPR pushed Man City to the fucking wall and were unlucky to lose to some degree.

And you know whats really fucking amusing about all this? I looked up last years table for this same time, we had 1 point more than we did now. Bolton were in the top 5, and Liverpool? 16th.

I agree we all have our opinions and like to play Football manager, and fantasy footy, and anything else football, therefore we would have brought barkley on for neville blah blah blah, but the seasons nowhere near started yet. Until we play Man City next, on paper, we could win every game bar arsenal away. All I ask is that everybody stop jumping on wagons or making the same tired arguments and see how we are in january. if we're still at the bottom I'll be calling for his head like the rest of you, but this is the same recycled shit you got out this time last year, and the year before that.

Edited by The Regulator

I was explaining to the missus last night about the 'activity' of users yesterday regarding the Moyes argument, and i started to explain my feelings behind it and the feelings of others against the idea of change. I explained to her that i didn't want him to go or get sacked or any of the above but....She then perks up and says, "I understand, you just want him to change the tactics and way they're playing?"...If my missus can say and see that...f*ck me we're in trouble laugh.png She watches it with me occasionally but has not interest. So to say that...!?

Babe, I love you, and don't want to have to dump you, but I just want you to stop sitting in front of the telly, eating crisps and getting fat, and instead put on that fancy little rubber number I bought you, and come sit on lover boy's lap. And I don't want to seem ungrateful, or disturb you, while my love candle is burning your face, but that pile of washing is starting to build up, and I've got no clean socks or underpants. Any chance babe?

So just so I'm clear, we're all really pissed at his tactics? I mean pissed about a lot of things, but that the most yeah?

Right so, we don't want who in the team exactly? We've got fuck all back up after 11 players so what's the tactics we're going for?

Barkley, a 17 year old who while he may be the most talented prospect in english football right now, is still only 17, and he's expected to start at newcastle and what, create everything and win us the game? "Alright Ross laddy listen, as ye can see we've got a wee problem with winning football matches against the top four teams in the league in not only standing but form as well, we lost a game we should have won because of a red card, and generally we've had the same slow start we've had every season for years now. We could do with winning every game though so could you start every game even though you had a serious triple leg break that almost ended your career, are only 17 and even though you've only featured a wee small amount of games you've got pundits, managers and spectators saying you're incredible, not to mention the newspaper interest that's put price tags of 20 million on you when you haven't even played a full 90 minutes for us in the league? Nice one laddie, that's a good boy."

Could Moyes be holding out til he's signed a contract? Could he also be having a dip in form? Could he also not be the chosen one, our Luke skywalker destined to end the reign of the empire?

Are other bench heroes well let's take a look. Gueye, who had a foot injury at the start of the season and last time i saw him didn't look up to full fitness, Vellios who whilst he's made great impact goals for us would be better suited starting games because we have to tell the young greek amateur we don't have any faith in our best striker. Bilyaletdinov? capable of brilliant goals but otherwise slow anonymous and generally apathetic to the cause.

Howard is our best goalkeeper. Hibbert has been in great form defensively at the back and put in some good crosses. Baines is always consistent. Distin has been strong so far. so Jagielka is a question mark, but maybe Heitinga, who has cost two goals in his two appearances thus far, one of them he did all by himself, isn't setting the world on fire as it is, and maybe Moyes sees how having a consistent back four has helped an average team like Newcastle keep out goals. Sometimes faith in someone is required even if they are not playing their strongest, because we all know how good Jags was, and can be again. Fellaini and Rodwell, if there are any complaints about our two best players this season starting I'm all ears, and Coleman and Drenthe on the wings. Both fast, attack minded and capable of beating the last man. Drenthe is also pretty good with his left foot. So we're replacing Coleman for who? what other wide men do we have? Then what's Moyes left with? Saha in form is a terrific striker, he may not be in form now but he has still scored goals, and against lesser opponents i know he will. Then it's between cahill and Ossie, well even if neither of them are scoring, they still have the instinct, the determination, the caked in spirit to fight to the last minute.

and just to make sure you understand what we've been up against? We've played the top 4, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, and QPR. We lost against the first 5, all in different circumstance, almost all teams either in great form or favoured by luck/refereeing decisions...Villa we drew, wigan, fulham and blackburn all wins, no matter how we got them, and QPR? What you think the promoted teams are shit and should be walked over? Norwich could have beaten Man U at Old Trafford, Swansea could have had the shite at Anfield, even QPR pushed Man City to the fucking wall and were unlucky to lose to some degree.

And you know whats really fucking amusing about all this? I looked up last years table for this same time, we had 1 point more than we did now. Bolton were in the top 5, and Liverpool? 16th.

I agree we all have our opinions and like to play Football manager, and fantasy footy, and anything else football, therefore we would have brought barkley on for neville blah blah blah, but the seasons nowhere near started yet. Until we play Man City next, on paper, we could win every game bar arsenal away. All I ask is that everybody stop jumping on wagons or making the same tired arguments and see how we are in january. if we're still at the bottom I'll be calling for his head like the rest of you, but this is the same recycled shit you got out this time last year, and the year before that.

I think we see things from the same side of the river mate.

Some lads have far too high an expectation of our team, and don't credit the opposition enough. They are asking kids to come in far too early, based on a few appearances, regardless of whether it is all too much for them too soon.

Since Moyes took over, we have been classed as 'over achievers' and rightfully so. The problem is that he has been so successful, that fans now consider it to be the norm, and can't get their heads around the fact that he can't keep pulling rabbits out of hats, year after year.

Not only does he have no money to spend, but he has also lost wonderful players, yet some fans think we just play a young kid, and it's business as usual. A little realism is in order.

It might even get worse before it gets better. Players look fed up and don't seem to have the cutting edge or winning mentality.

I can't believe folk moan about Moyes wages either. All managers earn big money, but out of 'all' the Prem managers, I know Moyes earns his the most.

Anybody can get into a Ferrari and win a road race, but I'd like to see the top managers manage the lower teams and see how they do. It's not so easy. Moyes is very highly thought of by all the managers and players alike. Even other fans respect him. He's put Everton back on the map, yet why are the fans so disloyal.

Don't you have a strong bond with the guy, or feelings towards him? What happened to the passionate Everton fans? I'd be gutted if Moyes left. I'm 'very' fond of the guy, and I'd actually rather we had Moyes, than win a trophy.

Life isn't just about winning. It's also about enjoying the race.

This, so Im going with no.... for now.....

Barkley, a 17 year old who while he may be the most talented prospect in english football right now, is still only 17, and he's expected to ..........................

Just trimmed the post so it doesnt clutter up the page but this is how I usually feel and very well put. My decline in my optimism this season is down to us playing incredibly dull football. If we went out, attacked and lost every game it would be easier to take. But there are games were we have been appallingly dull and boring. Utd, Chelsea and Newcastle (the last 2 I could only read about) we seem to have done that which is encouraging but at the same time highlights our inability to convert our numerous chances.

Im sure we will finish top 10 again this year, were certainly good enough but only if we start converting chances and only if Moyes starts to attack more.

Edited by Matt

This ^ ^ ^ Every word of it, its time for all of us to pull the horns in and support the Team, the Manager, and the Club.

Edited by Bill

But its the same recycled shit we get every year, 'we've started badly' 'we'll pick up in January'. Well the season is half over in January. And as I've stated before, we have lost points to the big teams, yes we've had a bad start, but we r points down already on the teams that are going for a European place cause they've beaten us, where as last year we beat them! Now if we had started well last season who knows where we would have ended up, but my guess is pretty high, and defiantly in Europe. As a team that's got to be a priority!

No body is kidding themselves that we are gonna crack the top 4 regularly, but we have had a taste of Europe recently and Moyes has to be applauded for that, but in all fairness the year we got into the champions league we did it on 61 points, now averagely it takes 65 points to get fifth! So you've got to admit some of that was down to other teams being shit that season. So when you see Moyes replacing Neville with a defender when 2-1 down against a team we are/should be competing against for a European spot, you can see why people are getting upset with his tactics.

Would you have targeted the Newcastle match as game where we could get a least a point before the season started. I would have, and I have with the next few games, but I'm starting to worry for most of our games to come.

If we go one nil down to sunderland (which does seem to be happening) are we gonna come back and go for the win. And that is what most peoples worries are at the moment with Moyes and his tactics.