IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

Sorry about that but he and others know I am a quiz buff(sad I know). That sort of trivia I know quite well but ask me the Everton scorers since the Prem started, i.e. the link on another thread and I struggle??

Not seen that one, might investigate it. I love this kind of useless trivia myself and bill must be using the same site i use as his last 2 questions are on the same page!

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A: Nottingham Forest's Mark Crossley on 24th March 1993. The Saints lost at home 1-2 to Forest.

Today's trivia

Q: Apart from Wembley, which three other stadiums which hosted 1966 FIFA World Cup Finals matches are no longer football venues?

Q: Apart from Wembley, which three other stadiums which hosted 1966 FIFA World Cup Finals matches are no longer football venues?

A: Come on Bill, I need a challenge! White City (which once caused an almighty heated debate in my local) and presuming the question means that they are not venues at all, the other two are Roker Park and the scene of the shock 1-0 win for North Korea/ Italy game, Ayresome Park. Did you know parts of the Ayresome Park ground where used in the development of the housing estate that now stands there. For instance they used parts of the goalposts to use as boundaries and signs indicate that where you are now standing was once the centre circle, penalty spot etc etc.

A: White City Stadium (ex-QPR) in London, Ayresome Park in Middlesbrough and Roker Park in Sunderland.

The re-developed Wembley Stadium, Goodison Park, Old Trafford, Villa Park and Hillsborough, are still in regular football use.

Todays trivia

Q: Which club holds the English Top Flight record for the most consecutive wins from the start of a season?

A: Anatoli Pusach came-on at halftime for the USSR against Mexico in the opening match of the 1970 World Cup Finals.

Todays Trivia

Q: Who was the only non-British player to make the Top 20 goalscorers list in the first season of the Premier League in 1992-93?

A: The 12 goals scored during Austria 7-5 Switzerland game, at the 1954 World Cup Quarter Final in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Todays trivia.

Q: Who was the first substitute to be used in a Football League match?

Halewood Blue ..... Seeing as you know the same website maybe you could continue doing this every morning to give me a break. ??