IGNORED

'Heritage' stadiums

For a long time now, I've had this pipe dream... it kinda goes like this:

With all the fancy new stadiums being built (for good reason), we are in serious danger of losing the best of our old stadiums.

Putting 'cost' to one side.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if at least a handful of older stadiums could actually be tastefully 'restored' into some sort of heritage stadiums?

By this, I mean making them a SERIOUS olde worlde type ground (as far as safety regs will allow). Wooden seats, old style signage, original logos and a real feel of 'historic'. A ground that others would perceive as 'classy' without ultra modernism.

Highbury (in part) was like this, and Craven Cottage to a degree, but what I'm talking about it even more down that road - almost like a living museum type place. Villa Park, Goodison Park, even Old Trafford would be prime candidates for this. I think it could work with enough creative minds behind it, and would leave home AND away fans thinking "amazing place".

Something inside me says a lot of clubs (Everton included) frequently mention their great history, but don't actually harness it very well as a marketing ploy. It's talked about, but not really celebrated.

I know it would take money, and there'd be countless legislation hurdles to overcome, but the 'vision' of a beautiful old ground, with old ground feel would float my boat!

Critics would say it's fake, but I still think it would be classy, and different, and at least SOME way to pay homage to a club's history.

Thoughts?

Do you put all these posts on the city forum, or have they got pissed off with you.

We try to encourage other fans onto our forum thats not a problem, but dont you think your going over the top here. ??

You must be posting more on here than on your own forums, so much so that you're beginning to bore me.

Bill, at least he's keeping the forum active. He's bringing debate and discussion to the table. There's times that ive been on and noone's posted anything, for hours! and if they have, it's tripe. So i'mm happy for the discussions to be honest. I don't post in many but then again, I either don't have the time (being at work) or feel it doesn't need my personal input.

Nearly 400 posts in 6 weeks ohmy.png , thats more than any of our own prolific posters, would love to know how many he has put on his own forum.

Also there is already a thread about renaming stadiums, how many threads do you want.??

Edited by Bill