IGNORED

Gary Speed passes away

http://www.faw.org.uk/news/FAW81615.inka

Gary Speed

The Football Association of Wales are sad to announce the death of the national team manager Gary Speed.

We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family.

We ask that everyone respects the family's privacy at this very sad time

That is such a shock. I had always expected him to return to Everton one day.

Decent bloke, great player, never had him down as anyone who would ever do anything like this. I was only watching him on bbc yeasterday, really shocking news! RIP Gary my thoughts are with your family.

Romey he looked and came across as he always did, obviously he was able to hide whatever was getting to him you would never have known.

Edited by smeghead1

I hope we give him a send off that he deserves when we play Stoke next weekend, the fella deserves it for being such a great player for us and keeping quiet about the real reasons why he left.

Once A Blue Always A Blue - That is Speed all over.

Agreed, the man had so much more class than some of today's so called superstars. His popularity breached rivalries, respected by everyone.

"Playing for Everton was the fulfilment of a dream for me"

"It is special to play for the team you supported as a boy, the team you watched from the terraces. It was a special feeling for me."

"Being captain was a tremendous honour too. I will always remember when Howard Kendall told me I would be captain. It is something that will live with me forever."