IGNORED

Yak scores 4 but we got Saha.

Memmaclub

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three years ago....

And the point is??? There is not one player in the world who is good enough to avoid the bench if they give a half arsed performance. Yak is no different and yes his attitude was such - but that's what makes him the finisher he is - laid back.

The bench is a great tool if used correctly, by that I mean moyes not using it after good back to back performances to bring Saha in. You may notice that I said drop yak for Vaughan - we had options.

And the point is??? There is not one player in the world who is good enough to avoid the bench if they give a half arsed performance. Yak is no different and yes his attitude was such - but that's what makes him the finisher he is - laid back.

The bench is a great tool if used correctly, by that I mean moyes not using it after good back to back performances to bring Saha in. You may notice that I said drop yak for Vaughan - we had options.

it was 3 years ago for us, that ones quite obvious. Also, his being a good finisher has very little to do with him being laid back, its because he has talent. The problem is he only uses it for about 12 months before he gets bored and sulks.

He did well in all 3 seasons for pompey

Scored double figures in both seasons for Boro

And without injury would have done okay for us after an outstanding first season.

When he returned Moyes pissed him off so his attitude changed.

When he was given a chance he performed well got his first goal of the season and then was dropped for Saha who hadn't scored for 10 months.

If this happened to me i would be slightly pissed

He went to leicester and was their top scorer in only half a season

He s now at Blackburn where he has scored more than all our striking options.

And without injury would have done okay for us after an outstanding first season.

When he was given a chance he performed well got his first goal of the season and then was dropped for Saha who hadn't scored for 10 months.

Sadly reputation counts for more than facts more often than not on here. One striker moyes has had in ten years who has scored more than 20 goals in a season, yak.

Sadly reputation counts for more than facts more often than not on here. One striker moyes has had in ten years who has scored more than 20 goals in a season, yak.

once for us, check out the facts Mr Pax:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu

in the word of our friend Ten:

BOOM

He had ample opportunity to reproduce this, rediscover the talent he has, use it for us and he didnt.

Edited by Matt

BOOM

He had ample opportunity to reproduce this, rediscover the talent he has, use it for us and he didnt.

Totally agree with this, trouble is Saha's statistics aren't anymore impressive for us http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Saha

Yak would have never been the answer to our goal problems, and neither is Saha to be honest. If its a statistics game we've gotta play Vellios.

When he was given a chance he performed well got his first goal of the season and then was dropped for Saha who hadn't scored for 10 months. (who the started banging them in for fun)

I think you will find tha he was playing awful way before he got injured and it was the other way around the Yaks attitude pissed Moyes off so he dropped him

He had also never scored a goal after Xmas before he signed for us which would tend to back up what most of us already know ie that the Yak is a great goal scorer when he can be arsed but is an oxygen thief once he is sulking

BOOM

Why when debating do you find it necessary to be juvenile? Wtf, Pax? Blue union? Tut tut, get a hold of yourself

I rate yak, he is a goal scorer, we don't have any. Enough said.

Shhh! Don't let the Kenwright bashers see that he's done a good deal

Good deal for who though ? Personally , I think at this moment in time he was kicking around Goodison and the money not in a bank vault.

Sometimes I'm a little wary of posting here for the amount of venom spouted off. Such a shame as you chaps have made this place a very intelligent and witty Symposium .

Good deal for who though ? Personally , I think at this moment in time he was kicking around Goodison and the money not in a bank vault.

Sometimes I'm a little wary of posting here for the amount of venom spouted off. Such a shame as you chaps have made this place a very intelligent and witty Symposium .

Toss up between the clubs financial, and youths(Vellios) welfare... (also Moyes' as its one less striker he wouldnt play any way)

I see your point mate but it really hasn't worked out for the best so far in my opinion. We made a few quid on other players and I'm still not sure that Moyes will have enough money to more than compensate for the loss of Beckford. I agree , financially it is a great deal but I reckon a bit of competition would work wonders for the King.