IGNORED

Arsenal

Matt

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Av, we have already established that football figures extremely low in your list of priorities but seriously? Sad as it may appear to you there will be alot of seriously pissed off blues tonight - posts like that do not help.

Bailey, sorry for swearing.

Haf ....

We know we are going to get trounced before we even play. What good is it crying every week? It's futile, and childish. We can't change things, so why encourage negativity? We're not children, so why can't a few fans accept we are struggling, and offer Moyes a bit of encouragement?

He stops the onslaught by adding to midfield, and a few minutes later puts on 2 strikers. Everybody was too busy crying to see what he was doing. Exactly what was Saha doing for us?

Everybody moans that he isn't using the younger players, and he brings 2 on.

Why are there no positive comments about Connor or Gueye getting on?

See what he was doing? He was being negative, as per usual. Maybe if some of our players ever came near Saha, he'd actually be able to do something. There are no positive comments about Conor or Gueye getting on because Moyes had already ruined the game and our love of football by that time.

Woeful substitutions. End of.

Only Moyes would play a 4-6-0 in a football match that we aren't even leading, with 20-30 minutes left.

Faaaackin' heeeell.

Lucky not to have conceded as many goals as we had midfielders on the pitch, and that was by no means an outstanding Arsenal performance either.

Depressing..

He stops the onslaught by adding to midfield, and a few minutes later puts on 2 strikers. Everybody was too busy crying to see what he was doing. Exactly what was Saha doing for us?

Everybody moans that he isn't using the younger players, and he brings 2 on.

Why are there no positive comments about Connor or Gueye getting on?

Fantastic that they came on, not so good at the timing of it. Hopefully they can start a match soon, I doubt it though

You're kind of missing the event that happened between those two decisions which was a bit fundamental to the second decision.

Have you ever been a tabloid journalist?

Mike, Van Persie scoring is irrelevant.

Arsenal had missed umpteen chances throughout the game, and we needed to stop them from getting through midfield. Exactly what were his choices? Add a second striker and take a midfielder off, when we are losing all the midfield battles as it was?

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

OK.

I can think of no other response.

I'm not sure of your point.

We were getting battered. Moyes brought Distin on, and moved Heitinga up into midfield. We started to win midfield battles, and got into the game. The goal was an awesome goal. You can't plan for that goal. We were building momentum as a result of the substitution. 6 minutes after the goal, we had 2 strikers on the pitch. What more can he do?

Av, Moyes set out solely to defend and hopefully get a draw, and to a point it almost worked, but if they score(which they did) and you gotta expect that with RVP on the pitch, what do you do then?

What he did. What else could he do?

We have a weak squad. We know Arsenal will tw@t us everywhere, yet we still moan when it happens. Is playing for a draw that bad against Arsenal?

The quicker fans realise we are struggling for survival, and not battling to win the league, the better.

They were on 6 minutes later Matt.

i know but it shouldve been an immediate response in my opinion. To be honest, we shouldve put them on before the goal instead of Distin as we were starting to ask Arsenal some questions.

Trying to sure up the midfield I can understand but there is a famous quote of "the best form of defence is attack". Id rather actually play a game and lose by a few goals than embarrass ourselves by completing 2 games without a shot on target. The fact Moyes went out thinking a point was ok is just not good.

You cant defend againt a goal like that, i agree, but you should be looking to score your own!

Edited by Matt

Everton manager David Moyes following his side's 1-0 defeat at Arsenal: "We were fortunate to reach half-time at 0-0. At the break we sorted things out and were better in the second half. I've got to give credit to Van Persie, it was a great goal. We didn't mean to give them chances but they're a good team. Our team did brilliantly to be in the game. We stuck at it and did a good job. This is disappointing but we'll think about the next game tomorrow."

If ever there was a window into the mans mentality....

What he did. What else could he do?

We have a weak squad. We know Arsenal will tw@t us everywhere, yet we still moan when it happens. Is playing for a draw that bad against Arsenal?

The quicker fans realise we are struggling for survival, and not battling to win the league, the better.

I agree with you, but it's not just the arsenal game it's happened in is it? I don't think anybody here is under the illusion that we will beat arsenal at their home, I think the frustrations of everyone are being compounded by the constant negativety of Moyes's tactics. If we had gone out last week against stoke last week with an attacking formation and hopefully won the game, i(we) wouldn't mind a defensive formation today, but when it's the same shit week in week out, be it QPR home, stoke home or arsenal away it's getting very frustrating.

Edited by mogsy

I agree with you, but it's not just the arsenal game it's happened in is it? I don't think anybody here is under the illusion that we will beat arsenal at their home, I think the frustrations of everyone are being compounded by the constant negativety of Moyes's tactics. If we had gone out last week against stoke last week with an attacking formation and hopefully won the game, i(we) wouldn't mind a defensive formation today, but when it's the same shit week in week out, be it QPR home, stoke home or arsenal away it's getting very frustrating.

spot on again - Im hoping for something different for the Tamworth game at least!

Normally I reserve pure anger for the likes of kenwright and co, but moyes has gone so far down in my estimations it's untrue.

He has no understanding of the mentality or spontaneity of attacking players. Everything is like an ikea flat pack, instructions to complicate the straight forward. The man has hit saturation point with his ethics, we know you were a defender David - start embracing the attacking nature of the game.

Haven't even looked at GOT, NSNO or toffeeweb. I'm afraid that the decent person I am will ring the police to prevent an imminent attack on moyes after reading the comments.

I have seen some placid evertonians beside themselves today. Moyes needs a slap to wake up.

Any thought in my mind that Moyes is the man to take us forward if we ever get that magical buy out evaporated today with THAT substitution. I can't tell you just how fucking livid it made me. Is he that desperate to get Distin back in the side that he'll do anything to make it happen? Why mess with the defence when, even though it was under pressure, was standing up reasonably well to that pressure? Bringing Distin on in itself wasn't the worst substitution in the world but to take our only striker off for a CB is absolutely mind boggling. Further to that we're then left with Cahill upfront who hasn't scored for a bastard year! And he has the bright idea of pushing Fellaini further upfield to be his support, and he's actually pretty crap at that role. Also, he shifts our best CB of the game (Heitinga) into midfield where he has proven many times that he's pretty shit. So with one fell swoop, or one substitution, he completely messes with the dynamic of the side. It was no wonder that Arsenal pretty much instantly took the lead when the team was messed around with that much (needlessly, IMO).

Then with our other substitutions Cahill manages to actually stay on the pitch for 90 minutes despite being utterly ineffective the whole game, and actually ended up playing as a proper midfielder where he has even less impact or usefulness for us.

I'm not going to call for Moyes to be sacked or any of that, but I just cannot back him. I can't.

Howard - Made some cracking saves and if not for him (and Heitinga and Hibbert) we'd have been on the end of an embarrassing hammering.

Hibbert - Put in a good defensive display today - crucial blocks and tackles etc.

Jagielka - He was as dodgy as he's been all season in that first half. He was caught out a lot and Heitinga had to cover for him time after time. He settled down in the second half but he's a massive concern back there.

Heitinga - He really is showing why he's said he wants to play at CB. He was a rock at the back for us all game long (apart from when he was shifted into midfield shaking fist.png ). He was left on his own 2 Arsenal defenders running at him at one point, while the rest of our defence was nowhere to be found, and he didn't panic and throw a tackle in, he just stayed calm and RVP was eventually caught offside. My MOTM.

Baines - Very poor from Leighton all round today really. He was terrible defensively, his corners were atrocious, as were his crosses from open play (when we actually bothered to go forward).

Coleman - Attempted to take us forward but more often than not he had no one further upfield to give the ball to so had to turn back and usually ended up losing the ball in a dangerous area.

Neville - I have to say I wasn't best pleased to see him starting today, but, of our two DM's he was by far the better of the two.

Fellaini - I was in awe of the man today. In awe of just how shite he was. His control was awful, his passing was sloppy (and that's being kind), he lost the ball in dangerous areas and then just trotted nonchalantly after the Arsenal player who dispossessed him. I wanted to strangle him.

Bily - He was Bily. That is all.

Cahill - Oh he tries like a good boy but, fuck me, he may as well have not been playing. How he managed to complete the full game is laughable.

Saha - I want him to stay in the box. Preferably a fucking wooden one because he's on his last legs.

Any thought in my mind that Moyes is the man to take us forward if we ever get that magical buy out evaporated today with THAT substitution. I can't tell you just how fucking livid it made me. Is he that desperate to get Distin back in the side that he'll do anything to make it happen? Why mess with the defence when, even though it was under pressure, was standing up reasonably well to that pressure? Bringing Distin on in itself wasn't the worst substitution in the world but to take our only striker off for a CB is absolutely mind boggling. Further to that we're then left with Cahill upfront who hasn't scored for a bastard year! And he has the bright idea of pushing Fellaini further upfield to be his support, and he's actually pretty crap at that role. Also, he shifts our best CB of the game (Heitinga) into midfield where he has proven many times that he's pretty shit. So with one fell swoop, or one substitution, he completely messes with the dynamic of the side. It was no wonder that Arsenal pretty much instantly took the lead when the team was messed around with that much (needlessly, IMO).

Then with our other substitutions Cahill manages to actually stay on the pitch for 90 minutes despite being utterly ineffective the whole game, and actually ended up playing as a proper midfielder where he has even less impact or usefulness for us.

I'm not going to call for Moyes to be sacked or any of that, but I just cannot back him. I can't.

Howard - Made some cracking saves and if not for him (and Heitinga and Hibbert) we'd have been on the end of an embarrassing hammering.

Hibbert - Put in a good defensive display today - crucial blocks and tackles etc.

Jagielka - He was as dodgy as he's been all season in that first half. He was caught out a lot and Heitinga had to cover for him time after time. He settled down in the second half but he's a massive concern back there.

Heitinga - He really is showing why he's said he wants to play at CB. He was a rock at the back for us all game long (apart from when he was shifted into midfield shaking%20fist.png ). He was left on his own 2 Arsenal defenders running at him at one point, while the rest of our defence was nowhere to be found, and he didn't panic and throw a tackle in, he just stayed calm and RVP was eventually caught offside. My MOTM.

Baines - Very poor from Leighton all round today really. He was terrible defensively, his corners were atrocious, as were his crosses from open play (when we actually bothered to go forward).

Coleman - Attempted to take us forward but more often than not he had no one further upfield to give the ball to so had to turn back and usually ended up losing the ball in a dangerous area.

Neville - I have to say I wasn't best pleased to see him starting today, but, of our two DM's he was by far the better of the two.

Fellaini - I was in awe of the man today. In awe of just how shite he was. His control was awful, his passing was sloppy (and that's being kind), he lost the ball in dangerous areas and then just trotted nonchalantly after the Arsenal player who dispossessed him. I wanted to strangle him.

Bily - He was Bily. That is all.

Cahill - Oh he tries like a good boy but, fuck me, he may as well have not been playing. How he managed to complete the full game is laughable.

Saha - I want him to stay in the box. Preferably a fucking wooden one because he's on his last legs.

The best post I have ever read on this board ( not by Haf happy.png ) ,especially the rather deep analysis of Bily. Superb .

The best post I have ever read on this board ( not by Haf happy.png ) ,especially the rather deep analysis of Bily. Superb .

I take that as a big compliment given that I thought it was a BOOM in the words of our friend. Spot on s

Has romey got a loyalty to heitinga? I would say yes, but it is a far more healthy loyalty to the one moyes carries for cahill etc. Moyes has neglected heitinga for far too long, he has so much composure and technical ability it's untrue.

Has romey got a loyalty to heitinga? I would say yes, but it is a far more healthy loyalty to the one moyes carries for cahill etc. Moyes has neglected heitinga for far too long, he has so much composure and technical ability it's untrue.

I do (because I think he's quality) but if he has a bad game for us then I have no problem saying so, and have said so in the past when he's played badly or messed up.

Edited by Romey 1878

I take that as a big compliment given that I thought it was a BOOM in the words of our friend. Spot on s

So you should mate. I honestly lived in ignorance till I read your posts and followed up your words by using my own research and making up my own mind. For that you have my thanks.

Another piece of humble pie, I really didn't rate Heitinga wearing Royal Blue but recently I have had to change my mind.