IGNORED

Arsenal

Matt

I have no confidence at all after last weeks showing against Stoke to be honest. We will see how good/bad we are against Arsenal and also how good/bad Stoke are as they face Spus tomorrow. Doubt it will be much of a ponter really, but we might do enough to boost our confidence.

Frankly I think we are going to get massacred again. Maybe not 7 - 0 but probably looking towards a bad scoreline.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Neville ©, Fellaini, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Saha. Bench: Mucha, Stracqualursi, Vellios, Barkley, Distin, McAleny, Gueye.

Bad feeling were gonna get smashed with neville midfield, no drenthe,cahill out of form and a lackluste Bily left side. Hope im wrong.

Oh thats a shame, id personally cheer him, he pretty much got us that 4th place and did that thing in your gif

I'm sure he's getting a decent reception....no reason why he wouldn't.

I was just referring to him getting the yellow for blatant fould on Seamus. Wasn't nasty though, just stopping a possible break.

Yet again we are high, and they play through us.

One player needs to stay back at all times.

Then we wouldn't have had them offside the five/six time we have.

I don't claim to understand the art of defending but aren't we normally criticising them for defending too deep?

Yet again we are high, and they play through us.

One player needs to stay back at all times.

So that they are onside at all times? We should all defend much deeper. Or if we keep defending that high up, we should actually press the player in possession so he can't just try and play the perfect pass over the top.

Edited by Steve_E

Cahill in midfield? Wont they just pass around him? He ain't got the brain to push the op ball players out wide, they will just suck him in and place some one in where he has just run from, as for Ramsey, well, He will run the show, taking the ball off their def mid and dictate the play, get on him and you stop their pattern of play. We should have made more of an effort to sign him!

Of course Cahill has a footballing brain, he wouldnt have been as successful as he has been throughout his career if he didnt! They may well over run him, though but I would prefer someone to get into their faces instead of back off all the time like Neville does. As i said , if it isnt working then is something that can be changed fairly easily. Sill feel Ramsey os overated, and whenever I see him he looks to be coasting and doesnt do enough to be playing regularly for a team like Arsenal. Casing point there, although great run from him to be fair

Anyway back to the game, we are getting battered in terms of chances and Arsenal are cutting through us. Midfield is a shambles defensively and instead of getting stuck in, a couple of time Neville has backed off from them 50-50 balls which he should be winning (like with Song for Ramsey's chance). I am glad to see we are getting people forward though and into the box. Bily is linking up well and we are getting in decent positions, but it is the same as last week with the crosses.

Edited by Bailey

Then we wouldn't have had them offside the five/six time we have.

I don't claim to understand the art of defending but aren't we normally criticising them for defending too deep?

Yeh I agree although Arsenal are one of the quickest sides to counter attack and its not un-understandable to defend deeper than the norm. Midfield arent doing a good enough job of helping out the defence. There is so much space at times. Neville is staying back but the gap between him and the rest of the midfield is gynormous. Arteta & Ramsey should and to some extent are having a field day.