IGNORED

New striker

Mogsy

Johnson was a bit of a let down for me, apart from some decent performances when first arriving from Palace, most notably two against the shite in an early season 3-0 derby victory I don't really remember much, same as with Beattie, he was very good at Southampton, but even people at St Marys say he was nowhere near a club legend, but once Moyes brought him in, standout moments were few and far between, in fact I even have trouble highlighting any of Beattie's Everton greater claims to fame, sometimes it's easy to forget he was even here sometimes

I like Saha as a striker and hope he's around for a little while longer yet, he is a proven center forward and on his day can deliver, there are a number of significant Championship players in this department that could maybe become available in the close season we could take a look at, there's always the story that they take time to adapt to the level of the premier league and playing at a higher division is a whole new ball game as is usually the case, I think if Beckford had stayed at Leeds the Yorkshire side could maybe of been back in the premier league this season as they just missed out last time, I think he may well of been the difference, apart from a few standout moments at Goodison It just didn't happen for him although getting £2,500,000 for him from Leicester was good business when we grabbed him on a free in the first place

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson was very quick, and ran all over the pitch until he dropped, hence why a similar striker would be useful. Compare that to Beattie, Yakubu, Saha etc.

We had similar with Beckford's pace, but he wasn't here long enough to settle in my opinion.

A bit of pace up front would allow us to break quicker, and get in behind the defenders. Our movement is unimaginative at the moment.

Johnson was a bit of a let down for me, apart from some decent performances when first arriving from Palace, most notably two against the shite in an early season 3-0 derby victory I don't really remember much, same as with Beattie, he was very good at Southampton, but even people at St Marys say he was nowhere near a club legend, but once Moyes brought him in, standout moments were few and far between, in fact I even have trouble highlighting any of Beattie's Everton greater claims to fame, sometimes it's easy to forget he was even here sometimes

I like Saha as a striker and hope he's around for a little while longer yet, he is a proven center forward and on his day can deliver, there are a number of significant Championship players in this department that could maybe become available in the close season we could take a look at, there's always the story that they take time to adapt to the level of the premier league and playing at a higher division is a whole new ball game as is usually the case, I think if Beckford had stayed at Leeds the Yorkshire side could maybe of been back in the premier league this season as they just missed out last time, I think he may well of been the difference, apart from a few standout moments at Goodison It just didn't happen for him although getting £2,500,000 for him from Leicester was good business when we grabbed him on a free in the first place

Beattie scored one of the best Everton goals i've witnessed, a chip from just outside the area. On the same day there was about 10 goals that anyone of them could have been goal of the season

Johnson was very quick, and ran all over the pitch until he dropped, hence why a similar striker would be useful. Compare that to Beattie, Yakubu, Saha etc.

We had similar with Beckford's pace, but he wasn't here long enough to settle in my opinion.

A bit of pace up front would allow us to break quicker, and get in behind the defenders. Our movement is unimaginative at the moment.

Seeing AJ yesterday showed him up for what he is, a '' ball over the top'' player and was easily contained, Dempsey however is very clever, don't know his age but would play as a lone front man for us.

Apparently Moyes made an approach for Henry on loan. That's Thierry Henry. Looks like any cash Moyes has is either ringfenced ( ha ha ) for a creative force or is no existant. I would cheer for the former and the Union would gain support for the latter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/gossip_and_transfers/9660123.stm

Edited by Noble Savage

Seeing AJ yesterday showed him up for what he is, a '' ball over the top'' player and was easily contained, Dempsey however is very clever, don't know his age but would play as a lone front man for us.

Dempsey is a midfielder in the mould of a Lampard or a Cahill, he gets into the box late without being picked up.

I doubt very much that he would be able to play as a lone striker. wink.png

Apparently Moyes made an approach for Henry on loan. That's Thierry Henry. Looks like any cash Moyes has is either ringfenced ( ha ha ) for a creative force or is no existant. I would cheer for the former and the Union would gain support for the latter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/gossip_and_transfers/9660123.stm

If this is true it doesn't look good for any new transfers in January, where's this money BK?

Saha score 8/10 chances!? That's pretty optimistic that mate...1/4-5 at best! Saha is no better than yakubu in my opinion, both lazy but can score at times although the yak seems to score more from nothing and can hold up play pretty well. Both are pretty useless in a lone role.

Beattie had his moments and had a decent run of goals at one stage. That chip against fulham was a cracker but ultimately it just never seemed to work out for him. We got good business from Johnson who had a half decent spell at everton. With Johnson atleast we had a bit of movement up front to drag defenders and cause problems...a luxury we certainly we don't have with the current strikeforce.

I wonder sometimes if moyes deliberately sets out negative, flat tactics in order to show the board we're in drastic need of some support and investment (a form of protest perhaps). Whilst he was getting the best out of the team and finishing top 7 consistently the board were happy and content to rest on their lorals as there wasn't a problem on the pitch. Now things are bad we've suddenly got money to spend!

Bobby Zamora seems to have a problem with Jol, may be available on the cheap. No spring chicken, and not a world beater, but he is a half decent premier league forward.

I was thinking along these lines, when he was on for England, against Sweden I think up front in his own , I thought he could do a job for us.