IGNORED

January transfers - what are you expecting?

Avinalaff

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with two, and im including Donovan in that.

I just hope we get a striker, im not even bothered if they are that good. An average prem striker will do me, id take Zamora, i'd even take Carlton Cole. Just someone who can lead the line and be half good will keep me happy.

I voted two players, on top of Donovan.

I think we might see an attacking player come in from one of the top clubs on loan, and if we get money in for Bily, hopefully we can reinvest in a decent winger or striker with a bit of experience, but most likely I expect Moyes to scrape the barrel of European youth teams and bring a couple of promising youngsters for 6 figure sums of money.

Is there a limit on the amount of players we can sign on loan? Drenthe, Stracqualursi and Donovan already...

I am not being negative or appearing downbeat I just don't think we will sign anyone permanently. We may bring in some loanees but as Adziom commented how many can we have on loan?

For loans what about Pavlyuchenko from Spurs, or a cheeky loan bid for De Foe. Maybe look into Man Citys' squad and seek some from there. Johnson, De Jong, Kolo Toure are not getting regular spots at the moment, realistically would these be possible?

If we do manage to scrape some money I cannot see us dealing with the top end of the premiership, for one we probably we won't be able to afford them. I am not one for scouring the continent for who plays where, so I really can't comment there. Realistically if Moyes gets £5 million, if any more I would be totally surprised then we will be dealing with the 'Beckford' type of signing, is that good enough?

Yeah, there was a bit of a mix up, but he is still on Moyes' radar. He's been playing well recently too.

Would cost a lot though now and we wont have around £10mil to spend.

Im not really too hopeful of who we will get in... Donovan is a great start but I really dont envy Moyes' job from here on trying to find some capable first team players. If we are going to have money to spend then I cant see it being any more than £5mil, unless we sell on. If Bily goes then we would hopefully get at least £3-4mil (after bank deductions) to buy a replacement.

IMO the bulk of the money needs to be spent on the player that will support the striker (ie replace Cahill). Whether Moyes decides it should be another striker or a more creative midfielder I dont know, but its a pivotal part of the way the team is set up and it is failing badly.

Seems like were looking likely to get PIENAAR on loan, as well as DONOVAN.

If we can sell Bily then hopefully we can sign a decent striker as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if we brought in some cheapie as well.

Pienaar and Donovan will do wonders for our lack of creativity, just need to add a striker to go with them

i want to see us making a cheeky move for Defoe, especially now Spurs are out of europe

Why would Harry lend us Defoe when he has a realistic chance of the title? It would be madness on his behalf wouldn't it?

Also, why do folk think Pienaar is coming back? Has something been disclosed?

Maybe it's just today's continued crap but I'm not really feeling too optimistic about new faces next year, I think people have got it pretty well chalked up when they say we can expect a few loanees here and there but not much in the way of any substantial puchases

I read Moyes was at the Arsenal stadium a week or two ago and got a few words with Henry who was back in Town for a kind of Legends Night and even suggested to the Frenchman that 'the door was open at Goodison', or if ever he had any wish to play again in the EPL, then to give Moyes a call, I actually did read that

We do have Donovan coming back soon albeit for a month or two, and while the american is a useful player and has had his moments, other players need to pull their weight, and it's going to take a collective effort to rise up out of the sorry state it's been just recently. I don't really have a good feeling about the new year

Defoe (loan) or Zamora (move) ? I know Zamora's not a leading light, marquee name etc, but he could do a job for a year or two. Seems sad to even suggest him for Everton, but needs must etc.

Defoe of course is quite decent... just not sure he's made for Northern climates.

Even a punt on Santa Cruz (and I do mean a punt!!!... he wasn't good for us, we could do with offloading him)