IGNORED

January transfers - what are you expecting?

Avinalaff

Why would Harry lend us Defoe when he has a realistic chance of the title? It would be madness on his behalf wouldn't it?

Also, why do folk think Pienaar is coming back? Has something been disclosed?

Seriously? they have about as much chance of winning the title as i do of hooking up with the MILF that lives at the end of my street lol

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Victor Moses last night and while he isnt a world beater he showed he has a lot of strength, decent pace, good technique and a decent shot on him. I think he could probably play as a lone striker as well. Gutted when we didnt sign him from Palace... I wonder if we could convince Wigan for a straight swap with Vic? afro2.gif

What positions am i hoping for? well weve sold 3 strikers and 2 creative mids in the last year, kind of goes without saying

I put three(including Donny Boy). Hopefully a striker and a creative mid. I feel our midfield has some decent depth, but I think we could really use a playmaker.

Watched Victor Moses last night and while he isnt a world beater he showed he has a lot of strength, decent pace, good technique and a decent shot on him. I think he could probably play as a lone striker as well. Gutted when we didnt sign him from Palace... I wonder if we could convince Wigan for a straight swap with Vic? afro2.gif

Have said that since his Palace days....a skilled version of Vic. Needs to work on his decision making but his skill and attitude is unquestionable!

Another player who showed he was decent last night was Hoilett. He has bulked out quite a bit since I last saw him but he gave the Bolton player a few troubles when he got on the ball. His final ball/shot did leave a bit to be desired but he has pace and is quite direct which I like, and he looks like he would do a good job behind the main striker. Although given the owners he might be quite costly. Maybe best to wait til they are relegated and get a cut price!

Another player who showed he was decent last night was Hoilett. He has bulked out quite a bit since I last saw him but he gave the Bolton player a few troubles when he got on the ball. His final ball/shot did leave a bit to be desired but he has pace and is quite direct which I like, and he looks like he would do a good job behind the main striker. Although given the owners he might be quite costly. Maybe best to wait til they are relegated and get a cut price!

I agree, i've been impressed with him this season.

Hes another Vic in my opinion, seen him a few times and dont understand the hype.

It all depends on how much Moyes gets. If we only get 5m for example i dont want him spending it for spendings sake - were not going to get anyone for that money to make the impact we need. Id rather spend it tying Drenthe down and the rest to the bank.

If we get 10m, I want it on 1 player who can make a difference, like Banega, rather can fillers who will take away time from the youth development.

Donovan is a band-aid/plaster and wasted money in that sense but will hopefully bring a self-belief thats been missing.

Hes another Vic in my opinion, seen him a few times and dont understand the hype.

It all depends on how much Moyes gets. If we only get 5m for example i dont want him spending it for spendings sake - were not going to get anyone for that money to make the impact we need. Id rather spend it tying Drenthe down and the rest to the bank.

If we get 10m, I want it on 1 player who can make a difference, like Banega, rather can fillers who will take away time from the youth development.

Donovan is a band-aid/plaster and wasted money in that sense but will hopefully bring a self-belief thats been missing.

I think he is much better than Vic! I do agree though that he is a little 'raw' and its questionable as to whether we could afford to keep playing someone like that, but we simply cant afford anyone that is polished at the moment!

He is much better on the ball than Vic and a large percentage of everything good than Blackburn did yesterday went through him and he created the space Yakubu. It would all depend on price and I doubt he would be that cheap but for £3-4mil I think he would be a solid purchase. With his age, if he had a good 12-18 months he would be worth double that. However I would imagine Blackburn would want around that figure for him already!

As for the £10mil thing I agree... Only problem is Im not sure who could come into our team at that price and make the difference. Theres always a risk buying from abroad that they dont settle straight away. Not that I expect for one second we will get £10mil though! doh.gif

Edited by Bailey

http://www.evertonfc...es-loan-options

I want to cry. Correct me if I'm wrong but Saint Bill did say there would be money to invest in the team in January. Didn't he?

Normal smoke and mirrors bullshit!! I have been waiting for this, ever since Bill said we would have money available. Usual crap! lott of really good reasons, "right player not available" etc etc, but always boils down to the same thing, give out some crap to keep the peasants happy, then come up with reasons why the crap was just that,

CRAP!!!!

Edited by bassman

John Guidetti - Thats who i'd take :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Guidetti

Ive been ranting on about him for a couple of years now. Posted his name quite a few times. He scored a hatrick last weekend.

He is currently the top swedish scorer if you look at goals/minutes. And thats saying a lot because Ibrahimovic is top scorer in italy, Toivonen is banging in goals and so is Elm. Even Johan Elmander has scored quite a few in turkey.

I would be thrilled if Everton picked him up but I know that he recently signed a new contract with Man City. Apparently Juventus are interested and value him at 5 million.

Dont think Man City will sell, why would they?

http://www.evertonfc...es-loan-options

I want to cry. Correct me if I'm wrong but Saint Bill did say there would be money to invest in the team in January. Didn't he?

He did, loans cost money too and as Moyes said its not the best time to shop. So, spend a little on loan fees/wages til summer when theres more option.

I'd go with Louis on this, thats all we can expect and should be all we need (until the summer)

He did, loans cost money too and as Moyes said its not the best time to shop. So, spend a little on loan fees/wages til summer when theres more option.

I'd go with Louis on this, thats all we can expect and should be all we need (until the summer)

I agree mate. There's usually a fee for loans but I was on the understanding that Moyes would have a few bob to spend . Do you think any of the money made in transfers in the summer will appear twelve months later? The saint and his board will hope we forget about the money and what was said post-summer transfer window and November . Moyes may get some money if Bily leaves.

As much as i love seeing maggie and the youngsters getting games, pienaar was easily our best player, especially when arteta was struggling last season. Plus if we don't at least offer some form of money for rodellega I'd be shattered, as his deal expires at the end of the season. I would be surprised if pienaar did come back though (75k wages).

I woulden't be too surprised if Pienaar was to come back to us in all honesty. He will get first team football which he hasn't had for a while (hasn't he made something like 7 Premiership starts since his move?) and while he is with us he will have a chance to prove to Redknapp that he has the ability to be in their team. Once the loan deal is over he's back with Spurs where he can start to challenge for a first team place - we obviously win in this situation because Stevie will be playing out of his skin to get himself some permanant first team football and as a result will be getting us results.

But I agree with Greavesy about Maggie. He looks good for the future but at the moment the club is crying out for some established players. Youngsters are not the way forward at the moment with the current state of affairs within the team.

But I agree with Greavesy about Maggie. He looks good for the future but at the moment the club is crying out for some established players. Youngsters are not the way forward at the moment with the current state of affairs within the team.

I think this IS the time for youngsters. I want Maggie, Vellios, Rodwell and Barkley on as much as possible. Id like Duffy back too. Lets face it, this season is lost. Lets get something out of it, let the youngsters get much valued experience, lets build for the future. The future looks bright if we can keep all of our youngsters. The team is good enough to stay in the prem even if we play the youngsters. In fact most of us think that the youngsters are better than the experienced bunch at the moment. Who here preferes Saha over Vellios? Most have been wanting to see more of Barkley after the bright start to the season that he had. Maggie has been a bright spark.

We can't put pressure on our kids. Their time will come soon enough. We need patience. Long term gain is better than short term risk. It can be very overwhelming stepping up when you are young. Also, we'll get a better price if the older players are in the team when we eventually sell them in January and bring in Messi, and his brother Evan Messier.

We can't put pressure on our kids. Their time will come soon enough. We need patience. Long term gain is better than short term risk. It can be very overwhelming stepping up when you are young. Also, we'll get a better price if the older players are in the team when we eventually sell them in January and bring in Messi, and his brother Evan Messier.

We can't put pressure on them i do agree, but we do need to give them game time, the likes of Barkley should be in the team a bit more than at the moment, sadly in the modern game, players hold all the power, and if they don't get games their agents just engineer them a move to somewhere they can play regularly and we can't afford to lose promising players because they are getting pissed off at sitting on the bench or playing in the reserves all the time.