IGNORED

Tim Cahill

That alone shows the stupidity of those behind the scenes at Everton. International fans want a shirt, great, get on the website and order one but I'd imagine they'd get destroyed when it came to p&p.

Exactly the reason why there is no real point to signing the likes of Park Ji Sung, even if they are available, the benefits to most in terms of commercial value are meaningless to us because of the stupid kitbag deal.

Guest blueboy122

I dont understand why we just wouldnt do a loss leader on football shirts with iconic names on the back like Cahill, Li Tie, Howard etc. What is the cost of a football shirt at manufacture price? I would guess around £5.00 I would sell them on the Everton webiste for around £12.00 only make maybe one or two quid per shirt but we are advertising our club all over the world.

Exactly the reason why there is no real point to signing the likes of Park Ji Sung, even if they are available, the benefits to most in terms of commercial value are meaningless to us because of the stupid kitbag deal.

apart from the fact that he's a decent footballer who is a proven big game player with tonnes of experience...no real point at all

apart from the fact that he's a decent footballer who is a proven big game player with tonnes of experience...no real point at all

i am aware of that, but he is hardly the type of player we are desperate for, and we were linked last week, we have plenty of workhorse types, don't need another imo.

i am aware of that, but he is hardly the type of player we are desperate for, and we were linked last week, we have plenty of workhorse types, don't need another imo.

Disagree - a pienaar type player (which I think ji sung is) on each wing and we'd have so much possession in attacking areas - just what we need IMO.

they probably make a little as it's everton's image but he will get his own image rights so i doubt it makes a dent for everton

correct, there is a website dedicated to buying cahill stuff, he seems that bad towards image rights etc.. he wouldnt sign my brothers ball without putting my brothers name on it assuming he thought he would sell it but still no need imo

I think you guys are onto something with the loss leader on club jerseys on an international level. Here in Australia if you ask someone who has no clue about the game to name a team in the EPL they'll say either Manchester United or Chelsea, just because loads of people are walking around in their jerseys. Raises their profile internationally and creates revenue. I would have thought with Cahill being so well known over here that the club would have flooded Australian fans with jerseys as an investment.

• 2 weeks later...

If the price they are giving the club is good I would gladly let him leave.

He has been great for us however, I think it is his time and he wanted to retire in Australia so he could rack up the money there and have a nice couple seasons in the A-League with a bunch of money from the Saudi Club

http://theworldgame....ive-Saudi-deal?

$4.5 mil a year contract, is roughly what he's on here, but if he only goes for one season I'd assume he'd pay no tax on it, so would double his money.

the club’s top earner on an estimated $75,000 a week
Errr.... Though Felli was. Article is bull in my opinion. Id happily let him go but there would be the loss of Aussie/Eastern interest which would impact sales somewhat, though not sure how much. Not to mention the impact on the kids coming through and the team in general. I'd like him to stay on as a coach to be honest, or come back after a final payday.

We're getting better off the pitch but we're still miles behind where we should be.

I'm not sure we are getting better off the pitch Mark.

If Tim has the chance of a good payday and we can get a decent transfer fee, let him go and wish him all the best.

Edited by StevO