IGNORED

Tim Cahill

I just do not want to see fans groaning and getting at him because he is played when he shouldn't be - or applauding his substitution etc, it's unfair to the service he has given us. Moyes needs to protect him from that

This - even though I have been guilty of the above

Edited by London Blue

I couldn't agree more with the above comments really It's ashame but every dog has his day and I'd love to see him move on by his own accord back to Syndney play & retire and then back here in a coaching capcity.

I really can't see Moyes letting him go anytime soon sadly and He's at a big risk of being tarnished as Matt says..

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'll be honest though - sergio aguero would struggle in our team the way we play. Slow predicatable, lumped balls... still fuming about it.

Name any striker in the world who could work with our style of play...?

Genuinely, I don't think there is one and what makes more sense is that Saha knows that. Hence why he's not arsed? You can only take so much confidence knocking and lack of supply for a striker before they go AWOL....Yak included

Name any striker in the world who could work with our style of play...?

Genuinely, I don't think there is one and what makes more sense is that Saha knows that. Hence why he's not arsed? You can only take so much confidence knocking and lack of supply for a striker before they go AWOL....Yak included

I repeat again, Moyes in his time has struggled to get the best from any strikers bar Yaks first season and one for Saha. Ten years - two seasons and there is absolutely no excuse given the players we have had to complement them. A striker is not a striker where Moyes is concerned - he creates a new position "defensive attacker" - a little like a defensive midfielder but higher up.

I repeat again, Moyes in his time has struggled to get the best from any strikers bar Yaks first season and one for Saha. Ten years - two seasons and there is absolutely no excuse given the players we have had to complement them. A striker is not a striker where Moyes is concerned - he creates a new position "defensive attacker" - a little like a defensive midfielder but higher up.

He does take defend from the front to a new level alright.

Marcus Bent had the most succesful season in his career under Moyes, AJ was an England regular and he also managed to get a good season out of Beattie when he was tipped to go to the World Cup oh and McFadden also played the best football in his career under Moyes , so I think i will disagree with that

Marcus Bent had the most succesful season in his career under Moyes, AJ was an England regular and he also managed to get a good season out of Beattie when he was tipped to go to the World Cup oh and McFadden also played the best football in his career under Moyes , so I think i will disagree with that

Really??? Marcus Bent 7 goals in 55 games... he got 7 in 31 for Wigan (2007-2008)

AJ was not an england regular - he won his first cap in 2005 over a year before joining us, he averaged a goal every 3.36 games, a poor return IMO considering he was 1 in 2 before jopining us. He's at 1 in 2.4 for Fulham at the moment...

Beattie and McFadden??? - seriously you are scraping the bottom of the barrel now -OK

Faddy:18 goals in 141 games for Everton which he battered at Birmingham with 13 in 88

Beattie: 15 goals in 86 games for Everton - abysmal - his worst return ratio for a premier league club pre 1998

Dunc, you keep trying to defend Moyes record with strikers - you just can't. The stats don't lie. Just keep watching the Yak be lazy and watch the goals keep going in for him.

Really??? Marcus Bent 7 goals in 55 games... he got 7 in 31 for Wigan (2007-2008)

AJ was not an england regular - he won his first cap in 2005 over a year before joining us, he averaged a goal every 3.36 games, a poor return IMO considering he was 1 in 2 before jopining us. He's at 1 in 2.4 for Fulham at the moment...

Beattie and McFadden??? - seriously you are scraping the bottom of the barrel now -OK

Faddy:18 goals in 141 games for Everton which he battered at Birmingham with 13 in 88

Beattie: 15 goals in 86 games for Everton - abysmal - his worst return ratio for a premier league club pre 1998

Dunc, you keep trying to defend Moyes record with strikers - you just can't. The stats don't lie. Just keep watching the Yak be lazy and watch the goals keep going in for him.....

.....for the rest of the season then see him do sod all for 2 years until he moves....

.....for the rest of the season then see him do sod all for 2 years until he moves....

I don't think it's quite true to be honest - he did back to back seasons consistently for Middlesboro and Pompey - he ended his time at Boro with his head turned but his goals per game has been steady everywhere apart from us.

Portsmouth:

First season: 19 in 43

Second season: 17 in 35

Boro:

First season: 19 in 56

Second season: 16 in 45

Give him the ball to his feet in and around the box and you get goals - simple as that. Lump it up and ask him to chase to corner flags and he gets disinterested, probably the same way Michael Owen would do if all his servive game from arial balls. Strikers have strengths and they need to played to.

I think he may, the fresh start part adds up, if we sold him and brought in Kalou for the same fee (I would say wages would be around the same) that would be a good bit of business IMO, as good as Timmy has been for us, he has looked a bit stale as of late which is down to his age and his none stop travelling to Aus for the last while. He is not having the same impact as you used too and abviously Moyes has identified that too with him now not being the first name on the teamsheet anymore. Maybe he needs a fresh start to bring back his glory days as much as we need fresh young faces to kick start our season.

I know what everyones saying but is it just me that thinks he had a good game y'day? He looked busy which he hasnt of late and was decent on the ball. I just cant picture an Everton team without him its sad isnt it.

I'm with you on that. He's talsmanic, really. However, I think now is that last time that we'll at least get a decent fee for him. He'll always be one of my favorites, but I feel we need to refreshen the squad a little bit.

I would be sad to see him in another shirt... I really hope it's not in the PL...

Who gives a crap about a few million... it's not like we'll be able to use it to replace him anyway... in FIFA12 then yes sell the icons to raise cash when they are 33+... but in real life I just can't see it being worth it when you look at what's left over from agent's fees and other expenses.

I too want him to stay until retirement and then do stint in the A-League or sign onto a coaching role or something..

From the half I saw it looked like he did ok on Saturday.

However he hasn't been doing much this season and without his goals he is a pretty average but hard working player.

The problem for me is that Moyes will persist in starting him pretty much every game he's fit for. We should be giving someone else a game in that position or doing something different tactically be it another striker or something else.

If we had a bid over 3m i'd be inclined to snap their hand off. It's a shame to sell a player who has given so much to the club but that's how things go and if a suitable bid comes in he should understand that as well. While i'm sure he's a good lad around the changing rooms etc and has great experience he is for me not what we need in the side right now.

From the half I saw it looked like he did ok on Saturday.

However he hasn't been doing much this season and without his goals he is a pretty average but hard working player.

The problem for me is that Moyes will persist in starting him pretty much every game he's fit for. We should be giving someone else a game in that position or doing something different tactically be it another striker or something else.

If we had a bid over 3m i'd be inclined to snap their hand off. It's a shame to sell a player who has given so much to the club but that's how things go and if a suitable bid comes in he should understand that as well. While i'm sure he's a good lad around the changing rooms etc and has great experience he is for me not what we need in the side right now.

I dont think he would. If we had everybody fit I doubt he would be in our starting XI , Moyes has already proved that this season

I dont think he would. If we had everybody fit I doubt he would be in our starting XI , Moyes has already proved that this season

Agreed.

Moyes has dropped Cahill numerous times this season so its obvious that he knows Tim is past his best. I'm not saying that he drops him enough because for me Timmy shoulden't have had as many minutes that he has had but I disagree with the argument that Moyes has been playing him for every game that he is fit for.

Against Norwich (I think) he was whizzed off the pitch and then dropped and this is something that has happened numerous times this season. I genuinly believe that if Moyes gets a good offer for Tim (which I'm thinking could come from Mark Hughes' QPR) then he will be packing.