IGNORED

Tim Cahill

If we can get £3m plus then sell him, he's on £50k a week. We could use that money for drenthe.

Agreed, 3 mill off the debt and 50k a week saved on wages till the end off season when we use it on Drenthe, i dont think if he went we would be weekend nor would it be the end of the world if he wasnt replaced, given that we brought in Gibson.

sorry but drenthe is crap,he caused the goal yesterday losing the ball on the edge of their area trying to do stupid stepovers.

he even does them in the warm up.

I have to say the more i see of him the more im not sure about him, he defo gives us an outlet going forward but he is over confident in his abilities, the stepovers are fine if you can pull them off, but if you can't then don't do them, and he seems to fuck it up most of the time.

sorry but drenthe is crap,he caused the goal yesterday losing the ball on the edge of their area trying to do stupid stepovers.

I think it's a stretch to say he personally caused the goal because there was quite a time between him losing the ball and the goal going in but it was a(nother) horribly embarrassing fail from him. It happens too much for me.

he caused the goal by losing the ball attacking? jesus christ...i'd rather he lost the ball there tryin to beat a man rather than go backwards with it..they had a free kick inbetween that which the goal came from...howard caused that goal by bein useless

Their goal was definately Howards fault - there seem to be more mistakes creeping into his game. I'd like us to keep a close eye on Kaspar Schmeichel's development as I think he could be signed (unless Leicester go up) and become our number 1 and Howard's replacement.

howard has always been prone to a mistake...more than makes up for it with the saves he makes for me though

Agree he saves us time and time again but there seem to have been a few more 'poor' decisions this season - some of this must be down to less protection at the back too though.

playing to the whistle pisses me off....we look for the whistle a lot, and when the play continues, our players through their hands around and throw a huff...its pissing me off...big time. Howard does it, looks for the fouls before looking to the ball.

Just get on with the f*ckin game.

There's one statistic that betrays Cahill's frustration more than anything else, and it's not the fact that he hasn't scored in more than a year.

According to the Premier League's figures, he is in the bottom 20 of all players for fewest touches this season.

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this; sitting in the Upper.B's, me and my old man both noted at how much and how often Cahill, is starting to 'hide' from the action. He's becoming the next Bily. Just running away from the action, yes he scored, whoopdifuckindo but he doesn't off himself either.

So that statistic is startling but hardly suprising...

Kaspar Schmeichel's development as I think he could be signed (unless Leicester go up) and become our number 1 and Howard's replacement.

Class young keeper who I thought was the better of Himself & Hart whilst at City. He had a poor stint at Leeds and has done well for Leicester I still think He has plenty of potential even at 25

Edited by EFC-Paul

Yet according to a number of observers close to Everton, David Moyes has no desire to sell Cahill, conscious of the physical burden he has asked the player to take on. Essentially, the Australian star has played through constant pain and immobility, masked by painkillers, because of the club's struggles.

But none of that takes into account how the player himself is said to be feeling, frustrated at factors beyond his control, desperate to kick-start his form, and weary from carrying the burden as Everton's go-to man for so long.

I cut this from the article, this is what we have asked Tim to do and he has done it and still given 100% everytime. The article also ask whether he would pass a stringent medical - maybe not.

I would be gutted to see him leave and would only want it if its what he wants, not to satisfy the bank

Legends should be remembered for the great things they have done, not for leading the line at a time when Kenwright and co are selling everyone to keep the wolves from the door - where they can feel the frustrations of the fans who have now clearly had enough of the lies, incompetence, dull tactics.

Give him a testimonial and send him on his way to pick up a nice nest egg in the sun - he doesn't need to be around for this, he's done his bit. Leave the likes of Saha and Neville to take the stick for their lack lustre, lack of caring, lack of anything performances, Louis go to France, Nev get back to old trafford - we couldn't care less what you do next, Everton F.C have inflated your bank accounts nicely with very little return, Timmy - legend and you'll always be welcomed back.

Legends should be remembered for the great things they have done, not for leading the line at a time when Kenwright and co are selling everyone to keep the wolves from the door - where they can feel the frustrations of the fans who have now clearly had enough of the lies, incompetence, dull tactics. Give him a testimonial and send him on his way to pick up a nice nest egg in the sun - he doesn't need to be around for this, he's done his bit. Leave the likes of Saha and Neville to take the stick for their lack lustre, lack of caring, lack of anything performances, Louis go to France, Nev get back to old trafford - we couldn't care less what you do next, Everton F.C have inflated your bank accounts nicely with very little return, Timmy - legend and you'll always be welcomed back.
actually agree with pretty much all of this. Well put. Edited by Matt

• 3 months later...

He looks to be leaving this summer.

His agency director is quoted as saying that Tim Cahill is interested in moving to the Gulf because he wants to experience something different.

Two clubs in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia); Al Nassr (Victory) and Al-Hilal (Crescent) have been in touch.

Apparently, Al Nassr spoke to him in August but Cahill didn't want to move on then.

He looks to be leaving this summer.

His agency director is quoted as saying that Tim Cahill is interested in moving to the Gulf because he wants to experience something different.

Two clubs in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia); Al Nassr (Victory) and Al-Hilal (Crescent) have been in touch.

Apparently, Al Nassr spoke to him in August but Cahill didn't want to move on then.

its probably the best thing and the right time