IGNORED

Your Worst XI

MrX

Over the years you have followed Everton, who would you place in your worst ever Everton team? (Based purely on their career with Everton and players who got a few games for us)

Mine:

Era 1996 - Present

GK: Paul Gerrard

DR: Earl Barrett

DL: Terry Phelean

DC: Marco Matterazzi

DC: Carl Tiler

MR: Peter Degn

ML: Gareth Farrelly

MC: Claus Thomson

MC: Alex Nyarko

FC: Victor Anichebe

FC: Michael Branch

Subs: Steve Simonsen, Richard Dunne, Idan Tal, Li Tie, Nick Chadwick

Edited by MrX

How about two swallows?

Any striker with a worse goal record than Emile Heskey can not be left out. Yes he might have scored a couple of goals recently but it doesn't change the fact that he's an injury prone waste of space, and I think im being kind calling him that

Brett Angel should be the first name on the sheet, and Richard Wright edges it for the keeper for me. Him and Gerrard weren't awful though just unfortunate, depending on the time frame id pick Mucha and Westerveldt before them.

Special mention for the trio of football coffin dodgers Gazza, Hughes, and Ginola

1. Steve Simonsen - based on fee paid alone.

2. Mitch Ward - we've been spoilt for choice for bad rb's and this chap just about takes it for me!

3. Terry Phelan - we've actually always had pretty decent left backs - all the same I wasn't a fan!

4. Phillipe Senderos - he did enough in the little I saw - was tempted to put Bilic for the fee/expectation.

5. Per Kroldrup - very odd EFC career but that game vs Villa was enough for his place in the team.

6. Claus Thomsen - what an awful player in the worst footballing time in our recent past.

7. John Oster - was meant to be a wonderkid but... wank!

8. Danny Williamson - didn't we pay £4-5m?!

9. Brett Angell © - got to be the worst player I've seen at my football club!

10. Michael Branch - I wanted him to be good so bad but he just didn't have it.

11. David Ginola - what an embarassing signing!!! (he did hit the post vs Arsenal with pretty much his first touch though!)

Subs: Paul Gerrard, Jon O'Kane, Gary Rowett, Anderson da Silva, Gareth Farrelly (thanks for saving us though!), Alex Nyarko, Stuart 'Jigsaw' Barlow.

Bakayoko has to be in there, and what annoyed about him even more was the second he moved to france he started scoring for fun there

id probably put Kilbane in there, a hard worker but an awful football player

apologies for the weird posting hit quote instead of edit....doh.gif

Edited by theprisoner

Brett Angel should be the first name on the sheet, and Richard Wright edges it for the keeper for me. Him and Gerrard weren't awful though just unfortunate, depending on the time frame id pick Mucha and Westerveldt before them.

Special mention for the trio of football coffin dodgers Gazza, Hughes, and Ginola

I didn't mind Richard Wright, i thought he was decent until he fell out of his loft and injured his shoulder... it was all downhill for hima after, just unfortunate that Nigel Martyn found the form of his life and when he did get a chance the where was the infamous injury at Chelea where he hurt is ankle in the goalmouth on a sign saying "Do not train here"!

id probably put Kilbane in there, a hard worker but an awful football player

apologies for the weird posting hit quote instead of edit....doh.gif

Kilbane wasn't exactly technically gifted but he gave 100% to the team and played a key part in Moyes' early years - a top pro!

I didn't mind Richard Wright, i thought he was decent until he fell out of his loft and injured his shoulder... it was all downhill for hima after, just unfortunate that Nigel Martyn found the form of his life and when he did get a chance the where was the infamous injury at Chelea where he hurt is ankle in the goalmouth on a sign saying "Do not train here"!

Based more on his fee and stupidity - ability wise there weren't much between him, Gerrard, and Simonsen.

Also there is a lack of VDM in this thread