IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Wouldnt be a bad signing but I just think CB is the least of our worries next season. If there is one position we are strong in its CB

Agree to an extent but getting Caulker on the cheap now for the future is very good business in my opinion. Distin is 36, Jags 32 and Alcaraz is 31 so we need someone sooner rather than later. As you say though, still need to add players in quite a few positions. Hopefully the first of many!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt be a bad signing but I just think CB is the least of our worries next season. If there is one position we are strong in its CB

whilst I agree that a CB isnt 1st priority, 4m for a young, proven, ball playing CB who was thought of highly enough to be a captain is worth making the investment in now makes sense

I can see the logic in bringing him in but we havent got a bottomless pit of money and so I would rather see us address the issues in other areas of the squad first. Plus Cardiff got relegated so he must be crap

That's not a serious comment is it? He played every minute of every premier league game this season. He was appointed captain of Cardiff after he signed and had an excellent season. Living in Cardiff, a lot of my friends are season ticket holders and rate him very highly.

That's not a serious comment is it? He played every minute of every premier league game this season. He was appointed captain of Cardiff after he signed and had an excellent season. Living in Cardiff, a lot of my friends are season ticket holders and rate him very highly.

Trust me, Dunc isnt that daft :lol:

No sorry Geth I was taking the piss. As I said I think he would be a good signing just not sure we should be spending money on a CB when it's the only position in the squad we are strong in

Yes please, would be a classy piece of business if true. Attacking options are obviously a priority as it stands though. Do I dare to dream we've actually got a few quid to invest this summer?

We're Evertonians, dreaming is what we do best. Unfortunately, reality is much different to our dreams (at least mine anyway).

Guest blueboy122

Agree with Dunc think he's a really good player and would be a great buy but I don't want us spending money on positions that we are already strong in and have sufficient depth

#Everton aren't after Steven Caulker. Odd rumour anyway as in Jagielka & Stones they have 2 of best English right sided centre backs in PL

Gregg Okeefe is just a yes man, he wont comment on speculation until it is concrete from the club. He is always light years behind any deal that happens and only states deals when the club allow a statement. I really hope the Caulker deal happens he is an outstanding defender and I was suprised Spurs let him go. He would be a quality addition for Distin and rotation with all the games we have with Europa. If Duffy is a make-weight for the deal then hopefully his price will be lower than 9m. There are alot of rumours going around us as people know we have to add numbers for the europa league, the most reliable source on Twitter I have found is @THT1878, seems to have a certain amount of inside knowledge and releases interest and done deals before Greg Okeefe has even got the speculation page in the Echo.

• 2 weeks later...