IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like Mertens here. All this chat about interest in more wingers must mean one of the ones here is off, so maybe there is truth in the McGeady stuff.

Putting aside the stuff about McGeady's ability; we'd be getting rid of someone close to 30 and bringing in a much younger player so I'm all for it (not Mertens so much, more Shaqiri).

Edited by Romey 1878

I'd like Mertens here. All this chat about interest in more wingers must mean one of the ones here is off, so maybe there is truth in the McGeady stuff.

Putting aside the stuff about McGeady's ability; we'd be getting rid of someone close to 30 and bringing in a much younger player so I'm all for it (not Mertens so much, more Shaqiri).

Was going to pull you up :lol:

On a serious note, if the inquiries are genuine for both Mertens & Shaqiri; they are exactly the type of players I want Everton to be interested in. Top bracket players who can win games and consistently perform. We're normally linked with players at the end of their careers (Barry...) or players who are just starting (Rom, Deulofeu...). These two would fall into the experienced, yet young enough to perform catergory but they're decent players.

Hope there's more in it than just an 'enquiry' but I just can't see Mertens leaving Napoli? Maybe i'm wrong.

Mirallas must be wondering why no one has come in for him if he stays he needs to sort his head out and knuckle down.

Maybe if he had his head sorted people would have been in for him; sulky lad with an inflated idea of his worth isn't an obvious target for anyone.

That said, potentially a very decent player and I'd like to keep him (if he knuckles down).

• 4 weeks later...

He was heavily linked to that lot across the park before they bought Benteke. The main question is how he manages the step up from the Russian league and he's also not that profilic looking at the numbers (one in two in Russia, but only about one in three for Malaga & Venezuela). But he's still only 25 and a nice all-round, big striker.

Newcastle offered 16 million euros by Salomon Rondon, while Everton offered 18 million. Zenit expects to sell 20 million.

All teams in the Premier League (England), Everton in January 2014 and asked for Salomon Rondon.

Does the 2nd bit suggest we made a previous enquiry?

The more I think about Rondon the less it makes sense to sign him. He's definitely a Martinez type forward, big and strong but we already have one of those and no team that tries to play the possession football plays with two out-and-out strikers. Barcelona actually plays without any.

He was heavily linked to that lot across the park before they bought Benteke. The main question is how he manages the step up from the Russian league and he's also not that profilic looking at the numbers (one in two in Russia, but only about one in three for Malaga & Venezuela). But he's still only 25 and a nice all-round, big striker.

Yeh Lacina Traore and Jo had top notch records in Russia and both of them were pants in the PL.