Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping villa get relegated so we can go in for Grealish. Would suit that left wing position down to the ground and give us some creativety and goals we've been lacking. 

That's if the bigger teams don't beat us to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 12:41, Makis said:

Apparently we are signing a Brazilian centre-back from Lille called Gabriel. 22 years, left-sided.

In the BBC news gossip again today, if he's as good as the last Gabriel we had (Jimmy)  in the 60s,  he'll do for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Makis said:

We already have Bernard & Iwobi for that position so rather spend that money on a right winger. Brands won't have hundreds of millions to spend and LM is way down in the priority list.

If we get the opportunity to sign him we have to, Bernard and Iwobi just aren't cutting it. Either could be moved on to the right to accommodate Grealish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shukes said:

We’re not going to get Grealish. He is locked on to a top four club easily. Not sure we could afford him either.

If Ancelotti and Brands want him the money will be found. Personally I'm not struck on him as a winger, he needs to be inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably yeah, but it would mean not strenghtening in other areas. I think we defo need another defensive midfielder and a right midfielder as priority. Also a CB. These three would cost 100 million. That plus at least 50 million for Grealish isn't happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the money on transfer fees we have to free up wages first.

Sando, Bolasie, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin, Niasse free up 500k a week in wages, plus whatever we get in fees, which wont be much more than say 50 million.

Once that is done I believe we need the following:

Centre Back

Back up left back

Right Wing

Centre Midfield

Apart from that we are good, we will then have 2 players for each position. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Its not the money on transfer fees we have to free up wages first.

Sando, Bolasie, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin, Niasse free up 500k a week in wages, plus whatever we get in fees, which wont be much more than say 50 million.

Once that is done I believe we need the following:

Centre Back

Back up left back

Right Wing

Centre Midfield

Apart from that we are good, we will then have 2 players for each position. 

 

I agree with all of that, but we only have Bernard who can really play left wing for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

I agree with all of that, but we only have Bernard who can really play left wing for me. 

Iwobi can play there, he likes to cut in tho so I take your point.

If we get European football then we may need one, if not then I think Iwobi and Bernard can do the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The left winger coming inside a lot has been a clear tactic since we’ve had Ancelotti. He likes his right winger wide and direct (that’s why Walcott has been important) and the left winger to come in field more - something Iwobi and Bernard can do (I think this role would suit Gordon too). Walcott may still have a role next season but I can certainly see a rapid and direct right winger being a priority signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

I just don’t think Iwobi is going to be the answer. I liked how direct he seemed when he first arrived, now I’m just disappointed. 

Give him time, I think Carlo is using this season to see what different players have to offer. He needs games under Carlo so both he and he can see what he has to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with all this above.

I actually think we will get Lozano for the RM. Bernard is fine at LM in this 442 system. 
Get a proper athletic CM along with Gbamin back and Davies to back up Gomes.

CB 

RB is the only question mark.

Back up keeper until Virginia can challenge Pickford.

Theres a very, very good team in the making if we get these last few tweaks right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Makis said:

Neither is very good on the right. Buying Grealish is like when Walsh & Co bought all those #10s. Just because you can, you shouldn't. There are at least six positions that need strengthening before LM. 

Positions for reinforcement should be prioritised. To see the order of that priority we must look at our biggest downfalls in the squad. 

In goal we have Pickford and Lossl. It would be nonsense to replace either of those providing Lossl comes back, if so a back up goalkeeper wouldn't be expensive or any bother to sign. 

Mina, Holgate and Kean are not world beaters, but certainly not cause for concern. Added depth would be nice. 

Full backs are okay with the exception of cover for LB which needn't break the bank.

Gomes has that deep playmaking role nailed down now he's back. Along side him Gbamin is due to come back and with Siggy, Davis, Delph and Morgan all vouching for a place in the team, quality in that area should be addressed but not heavily invest in. 

Strikers seemed to be a problem a few months ago, however with Dom and Richy looking like a formidable pairing up top, and Kean looking improved under Carlo in his breif spells on the pitch, there is no reason to prioritise that area of the squad. 

That leaves us Wingers. Bernard is our most creative winger in terms of output. 3 goals and 2 assists in 12 starts and a total of 17 games is respectable but not ideal, he has 1.3 key passes per game.

Iwobi has managed 1 goal and 0 assists in 13 starts and 5 substitute appearances, he has 1 key pass per game.

Walcott is Walcott and I won't go any further on that.

Grealish has started all 25 of his appearances this season. He has 7 goals and 6 assists, averaging 2.8 key passes per game. Drifting inside from the left he fits perfectly into Ancelottis system and would allow Digne to get further forward into threatening positions, whilst actually posing a threat himself through the middle. 

It would certainly come at the expense of moving Bernard or Iwobi onto the right hand side, but both of these players in my opinion would do a better job than what our current first choice right winger would do in Walcott. 

Passing up the possibility of not signing Grealish would be nonsensical - that is providing he would even be willing to come. I think we should go all out for him and invest whatever is left into a CM and a CB. 

And for the record he is neither a number 10, nor a player who we would be concerned about fitting into our system like Sigurdsson. He would take us to the next level. 

Apologies for waffling on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched Grealish a lot as a good friend is a Villa supporter. I started by saying he looks a right prick. Always moaning, going down easy ect ect. 
Now I have watched him closely, I have to say he will be England’s main man very soon. He is an excellent player already and can be become whatever he wants.

I hate admitting that I’m wrong, absolutely despise it, but I got him 100% wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2020 at 14:52, London Blue said:

Its not the money on transfer fees we have to free up wages first.

Sando, Bolasie, Martina, Siggy, Schneiderlin, Niasse free up 500k a week in wages, plus whatever we get in fees, which wont be much more than say 50 million.

Once that is done I believe we need the following:

Centre Back

Back up left back

Right Wing

Centre Midfield

Apart from that we are good, we will then have 2 players for each position. 

 

And right back as at the moment we have three but one is unproven, one on loan (IMO not impressed enough) and third is ageing and only going to get worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barryj said:

And right back as at the moment we have three but one is unproven, one on loan (IMO not impressed enough) and third is ageing and only going to get worse. 

yeah i'd rather get a proper RB and stick with Baines at LB backup for another year.  LB isn't a huge need as Digne is very durable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having Grealish playing left wing will cause all the same problems as having Siggurdson there. Fine in possession but out of it and in transitions he would get lost. 

Grealish should be playing one of the attacking positions in a 3 man central midfield. You don't want him deeper because he switches off. If you were putting him into City's side, he would play in the KDB role.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bailey said:

Having Grealish playing left wing will cause all the same problems as having Siggurdson there. Fine in possession but out of it and in transitions he would get lost. 

Grealish should be playing one of the attacking positions in a 3 man central midfield. You don't want him deeper because he switches off. If you were putting him into City's side, he would play in the KDB role.  

We're not signing Jack Grealish, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Alan Myers just confirmed he is due at Finch Farm today for a medical !

https://sportslens.com/sky-sports-alan-myers-comments-on-reports-linking-branislav-ivanovic-with-everton/306192/


 

 

 

 

If you want to save your sanity everyone, make sure you actually click the link and read it.

Dunc's being a WUM :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

 

If you want to save your sanity everyone, make sure you actually click the link and read it.

Dunc's being a WUM :lol: 

Thanknfucknfor that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Alan Myers just confirmed he is due at Finch Farm today for a medical !

https://sportslens.com/sky-sports-alan-myers-comments-on-reports-linking-branislav-ivanovic-with-everton/306192/


 

 

 

Hahaha you tit!!!! Got me hook line and sinker there. Waited for it to load feeling sick, and thinking of the ribbing I’ll be getting from mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Not a link at all but his name has been floated around the forums... Jack Grealish allegedly valued at £80mil by Villa. Wow.

Grealish will go for insane money, he's English and absolute quality - not to mention that he's young so is only going to get better. If we had an endless pot of money I'd take him in a heartbeat but unfortunately he will be snapped up by one of the Manchester clubs. 

Not that it's this thread but I'm worried about the Zaha rumours, I'll be absolutely mad up when he signs elsewhere because he's the biggest case of "big fish, small pond" I've seen. Not what we need, especially when he will carry a similar fee as Jack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love Grealish, but at the moment it’s unrealistic for us. The type of money he will go for will be our total spending. It would also destroy any wage policy we have ( if we have one ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Would love Grealish, but at the moment it’s unrealistic for us. The type of money he will go for will be our total spending. It would also destroy any wage policy we have ( if we have one ).

I don’t think you would have to give him huge wages. He won’t be on crazy money at Villa. But the transfer fee will be massive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be surprised if any club would be willing to pay that amount at the moment. We have seen some big money deals already I suppose but it doesn't feel like a window that will see unproven at the top level players go for that amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Am I the only one that thinks Grealish is way over-rated? Sure, he's a decent player, but I also think he's a big fish in a small pond. 

Depends on how much you have seen of him I guess. Watching him closely, I honestly think he is underrated. Without a doubt he’s a top six player. 
He will be England’s central figure soon enough.

Or I could be wrong and he will get relegated again haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Depends on how much you have seen of him I guess. Watching him closely, I honestly think he is underrated. Without a doubt he’s a top six player. 
He will be England’s central figure soon enough.

Or I could be wrong and he will get relegated again haha.

I think he'll make it in the Premier League at a mid to lower level club. 

So at the moment he's perfect for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Depends on how much you have seen of him I guess. Watching him closely, I honestly think he is underrated. Without a doubt he’s a top six player. 
He will be England’s central figure soon enough.

Or I could be wrong and he will get relegated again haha.

 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Am I the only one that thinks Grealish is way over-rated? Sure, he's a decent player, but I also think he's a big fish in a small pond. 

The difficulty with Grealish is his position. He gets the run of things at Villa and they have him playing off the left wing but I suppose what you would call a Pienaar type position but he doesn't look to have the same defensive responsibility. 

It all depends on whether the team that want him can afford to do similar. I have seem him get guilty of losing the ball sloppily when he has played deeper, holding onto it for too long or trying to be a bit too complicated. 

My view would be if you could play him in an advanced midfielder role, preferably from the left then he is worth every penny. If your plan is to mould him into a true centre mid then it would be a risk and he could "flop". I guess in some ways its the Pogba dilemma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

 

The difficulty with Grealish is his position. He gets the run of things at Villa and they have him playing off the left wing but I suppose what you would call a Pienaar type position but he doesn't look to have the same defensive responsibility. 

It all depends on whether the team that want him can afford to do similar. I have seem him get guilty of losing the ball sloppily when he has played deeper, holding onto it for too long or trying to be a bit too complicated. 

My view would be if you could play him in an advanced midfielder role, preferably from the left then he is worth every penny. If your plan is to mould him into a true centre mid then it would be a risk and he could "flop". I guess in some ways its the Pogba dilemma. 

But we do that already with out left sided midfielder. Pre lockdown we saw it mostly at home with Bernard. When we get the ball he looks to move in behind the strikers, into the ten position. Leaving lots of space for our left full back to get forward. And a more typical winger on in the right. 
Without the ball a more rigid 442. I think Grealish would be perfect for that role, but we won’t get him anyway. James would be suited to it as well, already played that role under Carlo many times. Probably more chance of signing him too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

 

The difficulty with Grealish is his position. He gets the run of things at Villa and they have him playing off the left wing but I suppose what you would call a Pienaar type position but he doesn't look to have the same defensive responsibility. 

It all depends on whether the team that want him can afford to do similar. I have seem him get guilty of losing the ball sloppily when he has played deeper, holding onto it for too long or trying to be a bit too complicated. 

My view would be if you could play him in an advanced midfielder role, preferably from the left then he is worth every penny. If your plan is to mould him into a true centre mid then it would be a risk and he could "flop". I guess in some ways its the Pogba dilemma. 

I think that's my point. He seems like a luxury player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

But we do that already with out left sided midfielder. Pre lockdown we saw it mostly at home with Bernard. When we get the ball he looks to move in behind the strikers, into the ten position. Leaving lots of space for our left full back to get forward. And a more typical winger on in the right. 
Without the ball a more rigid 442. I think Grealish would be perfect for that role, but we won’t get him anyway. James would be suited to it as well, already played that role under Carlo many times. Probably more chance of signing him too. 

I agree, but we don't have a hope in hell in signing him. I was thinking more about the type of clubs that he will be looking at and the ones that will be looking at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree, but we don't have a hope in hell in signing him. I was thinking more about the type of clubs that he will be looking at and the ones that will be looking at him.

I think there is only us in the premier league who would suit him and he needs to realise that 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Am I the only one that thinks Grealish is way over-rated? Sure, he's a decent player, but I also think he's a big fish in a small pond. 

I'm on this bus too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Rumours on twitter last night that Allen Maxim at Newcastle is our top target and morishi wants a marquee player aswell 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’d be stoked with Saint-Maxime. Rapid, skilful winger who can make things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d be stoked with Saint-Maxime. Rapid, skilful winger who can make things happen.

He looked a real handful when he played against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...