IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, I'm going to point to Steven Gerrard now.

I'm not saying Rodwell will be that good but Gerrard had the same problems when he was first starting out and he came through them.

Gerrard is one of the most over-rated player of the past 20 years, so a poor comparison imo, BUT i get what your point is, but likewise look at James Vaughan, and lets face it our injury record is hardly good is it. Edited by theprisoner

Don't want him to fail, but having the same injury multiple times at a young age points to a weakness, and yes he has been brought back to early which comes down to poor physio/bad management which i suppose raises questions about the backroom staff, an issue which most of us agree needs investigating further, as we have a ton of defensive coaches an no attacking for starters.

Or that the lad has been unlucky with injuries, nah fook it lets have a moan!

Gerrard is one of the most over-rated player of the past 20 years, so a poor comparison imo, BUT i get what your point is, but likewise look at James Vaughan, and lets face it our injury record is hardly good is it.

I wish we would have had a player in the last 20 years who had been even close to his level

Or that the lad has been unlucky with injuries, nah fook it lets have a moan!

I wish we would have had a player in the last 20 years who had been even close to his level

it's hardly having a moan its called having a discussion and looking at the different reasons for it, tell me dunc, how much daily practice do you put into being an uber-troll?

as much as I don't like the individual, Gerrard is a very good player, however you feel personally about him, you have to say he's been a world class player more often than not, how many times have the shite got an important result with his participation, but i'd still like to take a swing at him sometimes..

It's a game of opinions at the end of the day, and i think he has been a very lucky player over the years

Of course, but my opinion could be black is a bright colour... so, is an opinion an opinion when so many disagree? Or is it just plain wrong?

(sun + beer = philosophical people!)

Gerrard is one of the most over-rated player of the past 20 years, so a poor comparison imo, BUT i get what your point is, but likewise look at James Vaughan, and lets face it our injury record is hardly good is it.

It's not a poor comparison at all when the reason for the comparison was to show that a lot of repetitive injuries at a young age doesn't mean you're finished. Gerrard came through them and so could Rodwell.

It's not a poor comparison at all when the reason for the comparison was to show that a lot of repetitive injuries at a young age doesn't mean you're finished. Gerrard came through them and so could Rodwell.

I honestly hope he does come through it, because if the big man does go he could play in that role and it would save us a fucking fortune, but i just have a feeling he is more Vaughan than Gerrard. hope im proved wrong.

i'll quote ya cos it's easy to miss posts sometimes smile.png

can you elaborate on the lucky part it interests me in what sense you think he's been lucky

I think Pris is on about Gerrards career. Very lucky imo, a player that has too much influence over wether a team plays good or bad (majority being the latter), plus they win more with out him. Best football I've seen Liverpool play has alway been without him as well. Lives off derby goals and deluded fans, only thing that shocks me is why Chelsea were willing to pay £50 mil when they have Lampard.

I think Pris is on about Gerrards career. Very lucky imo, a player that has too much influence over wether a team plays good or bad (majority being the latter), plus they win more with out him. Best football I've seen Liverpool play has alway been without him as well. Lives off derby goals and deluded fans, only thing that shocks me is why Chelsea were willing to pay £50 mil when they have Lampard.

Gerrard has been their match winner in FA cup finals and a European cup final and on many occasions has pretty much single handedly got them there... West Ham, Olyimpiacos and Milan stand-out amongst many, many more.

for the record i don't rate him that high myself i always felt the hype made people think he is better than he is but to say he's been very lucky is quite harsh imo...he carried a poor team through games many times and several times to cups..they may win more without him i'm not so sure on that it also depends who they are playing in them games i reckon

Gerrard has been their match winner in FA cup finals and a European cup final and on many occasions has pretty much single handedly got them there... West Ham, Olyimpiacos and Milan stand-out amongst many, many more.

A hit and hope against westham, and don't see why he gets praise for the Milan game, Carra, Hamann and Dudek were their best players which says alot when they still conceeded a handful of goals and should have been many more. The Burnley game where Traore scored the og Gerrard was the worst player on the pitch. Gerrards no better than Kevin Davies or Nolan. Hit and hopes arent a skill the amount of efforts it takes him and he has not a single other attribute. Cant tackle, cant pass, and cant shoot with his eyes open.

i think you're just on the wind up now mate laugh.png

I've had this argument with a kopite and so we actually counted in a game how is passing was, and over 50% of his went to the opposition or out of play. Only a great passer on match of the day, otherwise just wasteful.

sorry but to go back onto the gerrard thing, he really CAN NOT PASS. its shocking, he gives the ball away far to much and his long ball punts do work sometimes. his best attribute is long shots. but everything else i dont rate him on at all.

sorry but to go back onto the gerrard thing, he really CAN NOT PASS. its shocking, he gives the ball away far to much and his long ball punts do work sometimes. his best attribute is long shots. but everything else i dont rate him on at all.

Just incase anyone thinks I have 2 TT accounts, I don't. Madmatt just knows his stuff :).