IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving it at that - I feel dirty enough glorifying a Kopite but if you're that bitter you can't see how good he has been then there's no hope!

To be fair to PeteO I honestly dont think he is slating Gerrard because he is bitter, I just dont think he would recognise a good footballer if he kicked him in the bollocks

( He is just as blinkered about our own players ie Piennar)

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

It was coaxed out of me!

If you read a lot of the stuff between us, you say a lot of condescending stuff my way. I usually let it slide as your obviously not smart enough to have a debate.

hmm..maybe you think so but you're better than that mate..we're all allowed different opinions smile.png

pete i must say sometimes you do come across as the kind of person who doesn't listen to or respect other opinions though dude...i'm sure it's not your intention

I respect to a point, it's hard when people don't engage their mind. It's easy to say someones wrong if you don't understand them, but ffs give a reason. Like today when we were discussing the youth, we both discussed Baxter, we both gave reasons argued are points and that was that, we'd had a discussion. I dont look at who the replies are from so I'm completely neutral on a post when I first read it(as I have another window open watching something). When I read 'How old are you', I knew it would be C asking. I like to see other peoples thoughts, it's interesting to see how other people view things not how old is the person behind the compter screen Im never gonna meet. Theres a young Irish poster on here, cant remember his avatar, but I was surprised to realise he was so young, and it would be a shame to discount someones opinion due to age, as the young tend to be more open minded opposed to sniffing glue.

To be fair to PeteO I honestly dont think he is slating Gerrard because he is bitter, I just dont think he would recognise a good footballer if he kicked him in the bollocks

( He is just as blinkered about our own players ie Piennar)

Best players I've seen at Everton

Southall

Watson

Weir

Big Dunc

Arteta

Fellaini

Noticeable absentees: Gravesen(Nowhere near Arteta or Felli), Stubbs(can't believe people rated him over Weir), Rooney(could see the potential, but at 18 he was no where near Big Dunc quality), Pienaar(no better than Osman)

If you read a lot of the stuff between us, you say a lot of condescending stuff my way. I usually let it slide as your obviously not smart enough to have a debate.

I respect to a point, it's hard when people don't engage their mind. It's easy to say someones wrong if you don't understand them, but ffs give a reason. Like today when we were discussing the youth, we both discussed Baxter, we both gave reasons argued are points and that was that, we'd had a discussion. I dont look at who the replies are from so I'm completely neutral on a post when I first read it(as I have another window open watching something). When I read 'How old are you', I knew it would be C asking. I like to see other peoples thoughts, it's interesting to see how other people view things not how old is the person behind the compter screen Im never gonna meet. Theres a young Irish poster on here, cant remember his avatar, but I was surprised to realise he was so young, and it would be a shame to discount someones opinion due to age, as the young tend to be more open minded opposed to sniffing glue.

Not an age thing - would have explained your views to some point, I guess. Zoo's what 18? a very good poster - seems to know his beans. I enjoy getting into sensible footballing debate but when there's more than a few people questioning whether you're on the the wind-up then it's really hard to debate with that kind of poster and to be honest is it worth it when you're spouting pure ridicule?! If you posted that you were a liverpool fan and that you've been here to get under the skin of unsuspecting toffees then it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

Best players I've seen at Everton

Southall

Watson

Weir

Big Dunc

Arteta

Fellaini

Noticeable absentees: Gravesen(Nowhere near Arteta or Felli), Stubbs(can't believe people rated him over Weir), Rooney(could see the potential, but at 18 he was no where near Big Dunc quality), Pienaar(no better than Osman)

Lol Pete your learning mate, 12 months ago he was just a headless chicken ! ( As it goes Ive always rated Ossie btw! )

Not an age thing - would have explained your views to some point, I guess. Zoo's what 18? a very good poster - seems to know his beans. I enjoy getting into sensible footballing debate but when there's more than a few people questioning whether you're on the the wind-up then it's really hard to debate with that kind of poster and to be honest is it worth it when you're spouting pure ridicule?! If you posted that you were a liverpool fan and that you've been here to get under the skin of unsuspecting toffees then it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

Got the same comments when I raved about Fellaini(and the majority said he was a waste of money), the masses tend to be wrong hence why the government is always shite trying to please them.

Got the same comments when I raved about Fellaini(and the majority said he was a waste of money), the masses tend to be wrong hence why the government is always shite trying to please them.

Doesn't mean you need to disagree with the masses just for the sake of it! Sometimes/probably most the time the masses are right! I'm all for having an opinion and sticking to it but sometimes you've just got to step back and admit you're wrong!

Doesn't mean you need to disagree with the masses just for the sake of it! Sometimes/probably most the time the masses are right! I'm all for having an opinion and sticking to it but sometimes you've just got to step back and admit you're wrong!

Liverpool had no Lucas and had their worst season I have ever known, Gerrard has always been carried by better players this season he didnt have them to do the work and him take the credit. Alonso before Lucas, and Hamann and Redknapp earlier. Also his goal ratio is less than 1 in 4, 10+ in 3 out of 14 seasons. The masses turned on Beckham after the WC red card, they tend to be wrong, didnt rate Hargreaves, laughed at Lucas and Fellaini, watch shit like X-factor and Eastenders, listen to music The Wanted. I have very little faith in the masses. I can respect their religious beliefs out of human decency but the rest is farce and the government should be doing more to help them.

Liverpool had no Lucas and had their worst season I have ever known, Gerrard has always been carried by better players this season he didnt have them to do the work and him take the credit. Alonso before Lucas, and Hamann and Redknapp earlier. Also his goal ratio is less than 1 in 4, 10+ in 3 out of 14 seasons. The masses turned on Beckham after the WC red card, they tend to be wrong, didnt rate Hargreaves, laughed at Lucas and Fellaini, watch shit like X-factor and Eastenders, listen to music The Wanted. I have very little faith in the masses. I can respect their religious beliefs out of human decency but the rest is farce and the government should be doing more to help them.

Think duncan put it best in the pienaar thread...

I surrender.gifdoh.gif

God I need a drink!!!

Not just one, one of many.

Hope you had fun on wiki, not proving my point about you not thinking for yourself at all. Show me 90 minutes of him being excellent, there isnt, he gets credit for the champsleague final just like Hurst did for the WC when everyone knows anything about football will say it should be Alan Ball getting praised. Watch the game against Burnley, worst player on the pitch by a mile.

How about the 90 mins last season, just coming back from injury where he put a hat trick on us. Let me guess, three lucky shots? Didnt do much all game, but managed a hat trick, just lucky?

I'm starting to think you just dont like giving people credit if they already get plenty of it. like your trying so hard to be against the common opinion.

if you have the same opinion as other people, that doesnt make it any less of an opinion, or believing media hype.

How about the 90 mins last season, just coming back from injury where he put a hat trick on us. Let me guess, three lucky shots? Didnt do much all game, but managed a hat trick, just lucky?

I'm starting to think you just dont like giving people credit if they already get plenty of it. like your trying so hard to be against the common opinion.

if you have the same opinion as other people, that doesnt make it any less of an opinion, or believing media hype.

Look at the comments after/during the game, did he play well? No. Sums him up well the first goal were he cocks up the play and ened up getting a goal, very lucky man. Just because someone scores a hatrick doesn't mean they have played well.

I'd personally love him back. Can't get on the link but hope it's for a whole season or perm deal.

For me, with their ages it's got to be Pienaar OR Donovan. And Pienaar adds far more to our side than Donovan so I'd rather it be him. Pienaar would cost less and doesn't rely on pace. Donovan was disappointing in his second spell IMO, and he seemed to have lost a scary amount of pace in just those two years since we'd last seen him.

We can't afford to spend the money he'd cost for his age, IMO.

Guest blueboy122

For me, with their ages it's got to be Pienaar OR Donovan. And Pienaar adds far more to our side than Donovan so I'd rather it be him. Pienaar would cost less and doesn't rely on pace. Donovan was disappointing in his second spell IMO, and he seemed to have lost a scary amount of pace in just those two years since we'd last seen him.

Does give us alot of balance to the side though.

Donovan was still player of the month for us in his short stay this time - sentimental? Maybe.

For some reason I really believe we can get both this summer and this is without losing our main players. For me that would be an excellent summer.

...now for the far fetched bit, we sign Donovan and the headlines read 'Dempsey wants USA link up at Goodison'. I may be totally wrong but could Nike/USA use Everton as a marketing tool for soccer? it may not mean multi-millions for us re.kitbag deal but I'm sure the US's top 3 players all in one team could be attractive.

Donovan was still player of the month for us in his short stay this time - sentimental? Maybe.

For some reason I really believe we can get both this summer and this is without losing our main players. For me that would be an excellent summer.

...now for the far fetched bit, we sign Donovan and the headlines read 'Dempsey wants USA link up at Goodison'. I may be totally wrong but could Nike/USA use Everton as a marketing tool for soccer? it may not mean multi-millions for us re.kitbag deal but I'm sure the US's top 3 players all in one team could be attractive.

I know he did and I was baffled by it at the time.

We probably could get both of them but I don't think it'd be the right way to go. Moyes needs to get the age of the squad down again (like he did when he first arrived) and signing two 30 year olds for £10million plus is not the way to go about that.

Right now we're not even in the sell to buy business; we have to sell, sell to buy. So what do we do when we have to replace these players but we have no one to sell because we've let the side get too old?

You're one of the ones that's said we need to be realistic in terms of selling players to bring in money (i think?) so we can take part in the transfer merrygoround, so I can't understand why you'd be willing to go down this road. It's dangerous for a club with such shit finances like ours.

Tbh, I'm not even in the one or the other camp, I don't want Donovan full stop.

His contracts up in December, maybe it means were signing him once it runs out. His wages won't break our structure either.

He's still a player that relies on pace and seems to be losing it heavily. As much as I like him we should move on from him and look elsewhere.

I know he did and I was baffled by it at the time.

We probably could get both of them but I don't think it'd be the right way to go. Moyes needs to get the age of the squad down again (like he did when he first arrived) and signing two 30 year olds for £10million plus is not the way to go about that.

Right now we're not even in the sell to buy business; we have to sell, sell to buy. So what do we do when we have to replace these players but we have no one to sell because we've let the side get too old?

You're one of the ones that's said we need to be realistic in terms of selling players to bring in money (i think?) so we can take part in the transfer merrygoround, so I can't understand why you'd be willing to go down this road. It's dangerous for a club with such shit finances like ours.

Tbh, I'm not even in the one or the other camp, I don't want Donovan full stop.

i have to agree with you on this, signing both of them is not the way forward for me, it's one or the other, like you said Romey, we need players who have a future, not ones that are going to cost us money in the long run, with nothing coming back, the only reason im for signing Pienaar is because he has such an effect on others around him. Edited by theprisoner

...........Gibson...Felli..........

Donovan...Ossie(Dempsey)...Pienaar

..................Jelavic.....................

I don't think it's a gamble. This would make us very competitive when you add the 4th/5th tightest defence in the prem to that. I see it as a forward not backward step!

...........Gibson...Felli..........

Donovan...Ossie(Dempsey)...Pienaar

..................Jelavic.....................

I don't think it's a gamble. This would make us very competitive when you add the 4th/5th tightest defence in the prem to that. I see it as a forward not backward step!

With Dempsey approaching the 30 year mark too I see that as a very big gamble.

I just think we, as a club, should be looking more toward younger players, not three players who we won't get much mileage out of in the coming years.

We have no money to replace any of these players, and our other ageing squad members, when the time comes.