IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Seems a bit of a strange one to me. I see the chatter that West Ham maybe didn't really offer the full 7 million, but I struggle to see how we could match or exceed whatever they can offer. Also seems like a big bag of coins for an SPL striker. I don't think many Evertonians will be complaining about any striker coming in for real money though. Seems like he would at least give us a real right footed option on free kicks around the area and he clearly knows where the goal is. This will at least keep me glued to the transfer rumours for the next 48 hours

ive only seen this guy play a few times and he had me laughing that he was even playing in the SPL, big no thanks from me, would rather not spend the money.

We're in a relegation battle if we don't find a striker who's going to bag us 10 goals between now and may. We're creating chances and not giving that many away and look where we are in the league and who we've got left to play. I think Jelavic will score in the EPL.

Beckford, Bilyaletdinov and Yakubu sold for Gibson and Jelavic

Bilyaletdinov is the only one that I am going to miss. Beckford looked sharp in his first season and although I would have liked to have kept him longer I think it was the correct decision to let him go, he's only bagged 2 goals for Leicester which isn't good considering they are in the tier below and although Yakubu has found some form at Blackburn I'm sure that he will dry up.

Gibson looks like a decent midfielder and Jelavic obviously knows where the goal is.

We're in a relegation battle if we don't find a striker who's going to bag us 10 goals between now and may. We're creating chances and not giving that many away and look where we are in the league and who we've got left to play. I think Jelavic will score in the EPL.

were not in a relegation battle and we wont be come the end of the season. were in a midtable obscurity battle. id rather give the youth a chance than blow our budget on this guy.

edit: we should never have sold Beckford.

Edited by Matt

If we dont start scoring goals on a more frequent baisis we will be in a relegation dogfight.

Which maybe why the banks have lifted the purse strings (once we sold billy) better to spend to stay in the premiership than face the chance of relegation, and see assets value plumet.

Edited by London Blue

If we dont start scoring goals on a more frequent baisis we will be in a relegation dogfight.

Cool story bro.

goals there if anyone is interested..

I would sign him just for that one at 00:45. That was some finish from the lad.

Does anyone know what time the club works within? I mean, the transfer window is open 24 hours a day but surely Moyes has to go home and everything so he can't be doing transfers all day every day. I've been spending the best part of tonight looking for Jelavic news to see if his signed but is it a good possibility that serious talks will only begin tomorrow? 11:00 might be past Davey's bedtime.

were not in a relegation battle and we wont be come the end of the season. were in a midtable obscurity battle. id rather give the youth a chance than blow our budget on this guy.

edit: we should never have sold Beckford.

I wish I was as sure as you - just being realistic. We've conceded about same as Chelsea and spurs (1or2 more) but scored less than Blackburn or Bolton - what does that tell you? We've played the 3 promoted teams and most of the strugglers at home and we're still where we are... no team is too good to go down just ask Newcastle fans.

I wish I was as sure as you - just being realistic. We've conceded about same as Chelsea and spurs (1or2 more) but scored less than Blackburn or Bolton - what does that tell you? We've played the 3 promoted teams and most of the strugglers at home and we're still where we are... no team is too good to go down just ask Newcastle fans.

that were scoring less than those below us but were conceding less than them too - mid table finish. There are too many poor teams who cant scrape points together like we can.

Dont get me wrong, its nowhere near good enough but nowhere near relegation either. 8 points off the zone, no worries, we should be looking look 8 points, to 8th - 1 behind the Kopites. Tight league but we usually pick up in the 2nd half of the season, keep the faith C :)

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/298908/Everton-move-closer-to-signing-Jelavic?

EVERTON are increasingly hopeful of clinching a deal for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic after David Moyes moved to bolster his forward line.

An initial bid was lodged yesterday using the proceeds of Diniyar Bilyaletdinov’s £5million move to Spartak Moscow, but Everton are likely to go to about £6m including add-ons.

Jelavic, 26, has told Rangers’ boss Ally McCoist he wants to move to Goodison Park and solve Moyes’ painstaking search for reinforcements that has seen him check on the likes of Wolves’ Kevin Doyle.

PSG striker Guillaume Hoarau could also join on loan, while Moyes has a £400,000 deal lined up for AEK Athens defender Kostas Manolas.

If the bottom of the article comes off, this would be our most active Jan transfer window for a fair few years.

Jelavic, Hoarau, Manolas, Gibson, Donovan...?

Id rather try and get Landon and sign Drenthe than get this guy. Anyway, it will be like Gibson - not happy with it but once hes in a blue shirt i'll support him.

Will feel sorry for Vellios and Denis though, means they drop down the pecking order.

Any player that demands to come and play for Everton gets a big thumbs up for me. I do honestly believe that when he comes to us he will play like a whippet and prove to everyone what he can do in the big leagues, I'm excited and I'll be even more excited if we snatch Hoarou on loan from PSG (which I do believe could happen). I don't know a lot about the AEK defender Manolas but I'd welcome another centre-back for a small fee, whilst Duffy has proved he can play in the Premiership he is still young so another loan spell will do him no harm.

This might actually be the first January where I am happy with what we have done - 5 signings is unbelievable for a club like us.

The only player we have been linked with this window who is any good, dont no why we dont go in for zaha bolton are a joke of a club and other than a few more million they might have why not rival them for him surely even he would come to us over them. yes we have no money but surely enough for a cheeky bid even rodellega someone who can actually control the ball and shoot take not saha, didnt think we would ever have someone with less go in them than the yak but i was wrong.

Edited by Blue4Ever

The only player we have been linked with this window who is any good, dont no why we dont go in for zaha bolton are a joke of a club and other than a few more million they might have why not rival them for him surely even he would come to us over them. yes we have no money but surely enough for a cheeky bid even rodellega someone who can actually control the ball and shoot take not saha, didnt think we would ever have someone with less go in them than the yak but i was wrong.

Nope.

Zaha is nowhere near as good as both Jelavic and Hoarou and for £5,000,000 we could have much better players. His transfer fee would use up all of the Billy money which is something that I would be furious about, the one time we get millions and we look into the lower leagues. I'm happy this January because we are actually linked with players who have class.

Not to mention the fact that he sounds like Saha so will probably be lazy... and his goal-scoring record is poor, even for a winger/second striker (66 games with 3 goals).

I don't know a lot about the AEK defender Manolas but I'd welcome another centre-back for a small fee, whilst Duffy has proved he can play in the Premiership he is still young so another loan spell will do him no harm.

Zoo, Manolas is the same age as Duffy, so i'd be suprised if he came in ahead of Duffman. I think its with the view to making them our CB pairing for the future. Distin won't be here next year (i don't think), Heitinga possibly not, so that'll leave us with Jags and Duffman, then add in Manolas as third choice?

Zoo, Manolas is the same age as Duffy, so i'd be suprised if he came in ahead of Duffman. I think its with the view to making them our CB pairing for the future. Distin won't be here next year (i don't think), Heitinga possibly not, so that'll leave us with Jags and Duffman, then add in Manolas as third choice?

Fair enough, I thought that Manolas was an established player (like I said I know next to nothing about him) so I can see what your saying. If that's the case then he will probably end up on our bench or in the reserves until the time is right. Distin could well be on his way soon and although it upsets me to say it so could Heitinga should a big offer come in from a big club. Jagielka would probably be our first choice centre-back and then we'd have to see which of Duffy and Manolas is the better (haven't seen Manny play so he might be better than Shane...)

Edited by Zoo

We do need a striker - big time, and yes IMO we are in a relegation battle. Try and calculate 42 points from where we are now with the fixtures remaining - we should be ok, but we ain't gonna do it with much to spare unless things change dramatically. How many times have we scored more than 1 goal in a game this season??? - exactly.

If he has ability and scores goals, get him, he could pay for his transfer alone on league positions.