IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

I remember a discussion a long time ago in sweden regarding Henrik Larsson. He was banging in goals left right and center in the scottish league and swedes were discussing if he would hack it in a better league like the spanish league or the prem.

Surprisingly most thought that he wouldnt hack it.

And then he went to Barcelona, and showed he could, and then he went to Man U and showed he could. And he was around 38-39 when he did it.

The goal is the same size, granted that the defenders might be better, bigger and tougher in the prem but im sure for a box player like Jelavic that it doesnt really matter if its Scottland, England, Italy, Spain or even Sweden. If he gets the ball in the box, the goal is in the same place. The keepers try and stop him in the same way.

Get him in, im sure he will get goals.

We do need a striker - big time, and yes IMO we are in a relegation battle. Try and calculate 42 points from where we are now with the fixtures remaining - we should be ok, but we ain't gonna do it with much to spare unless things change dramatically. How many times have we scored more than 1 goal in a game this season??? - exactly.

If he has ability and scores goals, get him, he could pay for his transfer alone on league positions.

Exactly, and if it means Saha is fucked off out the club then I'm all for it!!!

I remember a discussion a long time ago in sweden regarding Henrik Larsson. He was banging in goals left right and center in the scottish league and swedes were discussing if he would hack it in a better league like the spanish league or the prem.

Surprisingly most thought that he wouldnt hack it.

And then he went to Barcelona, and showed he could, and then he went to Man U and showed he could. And he was around 38-39 when he did it.

The goal is the same size, granted that the defenders might be better, bigger and tougher in the prem but im sure for a box player like Jelavic that it doesnt really matter if its Scottland, England, Italy, Spain or even Sweden. If he gets the ball in the box, the goal is in the same place. The keepers try and stop him in the same way.

Get him in, im sure he will get goals.

Kris Boyd? as an example...his goal to game ratio was incredible....couldn't hack the championship, then went to Turkey aaaaaaaand.....could hack it there either?!

It is very concerning the "clear" issues that some players from the scottish prem have adapting to oter leagues. It's almost got to the stage that 25 goals a season means you may have a chance of being a English premier league squad player at best.

The fact that a very old Davie Weir can still look like one of the better defenders tells you the quality of centre halves over there, and that is no disrespect to Weir, a very canny centre half sure, but physically should he even be able to cope with the strikerd? No chance.

It almost has got to the stage where they need to have trials i'm afraid. Pity really cos there are some really good sets of fans up there who deserve a better standard of football.

Rangers have probably told us to up our bid but I'm sure Everton will stick to their guns. Jelavic has come out in the press and said that he wants a move to the Premier League (i.e - Everton) and there is also a rumour that he has demanded Glasgow Rangers to lower their asking price so that he can join us. West Ham have offered more money than us but the player himself does not want to move to a Championship club which is why we lead the race to sign him.

The article above does not bother me, considering the finacial trouble that Rangers are in we are in control of the deal.

Cool story bro.

Great comment!

I would sign him just for that one at 00:45. That was some finish from the lad.

Does anyone know what time the club works within? I mean, the transfer window is open 24 hours a day but surely Moyes has to go home and everything so he can't be doing transfers all day every day. I've been spending the best part of tonight looking for Jelavic news to see if his signed but is it a good possibility that serious talks will only begin tomorrow? 11:00 might be past Davey's bedtime.

Edited by Tomwin

how the hell can there be clubs out there owing Everton money when we dont have any?? How many other clubs out there owe Everton money?

It actually makes good sense to me, they could have had the money from rangers and it would have gone to the bank, or wait till they have somebody worth having and then taking it off thier valuation! Bank gets sod all then, happy days!! Perhaps BK is a clever fucker after all ;)

We are hardly in a position to write off any money owed are we?

It was years ago, when they sold him.

Apparently he was an appearance away from triggering a clause in his contractthat would mean they had to pay us some money so they just stopped playing him, and then we said we'd just forget about it and then they sold him anyway.